Exercising and losing weight

ODC

2 hours ago, Kxbc said:

super amazing. I wish I will be able to do all that when I am 60, 70, 80. 

Heck, I don't even 10km now so I doubt I will ever run 30km like that woman (who looks max 45 to me). 

If I can do a dead hang at 80, already amtf, let alone like that old man who can manage to do consecutive hanging knee lifts.

Amazing. Ya, these old folks are my inspirations. Just the our own Team Strong Silver. Saw a couple of auntie doing monkey swing....hahaha.. I can't do that..

↡ Advertisement

4 hours ago, Kxbc said:

if I am not wrong, that road you see will become ECP in the future. 

Those flats all the way to the beach should be built on reclaimed land. Some parts of Marine Parade Rd are also built on reclaimed land. Mandarin Gardens should be too.

Edit to add on: https://eresources.nlb.gov.sg/infopedia/articles/SIP_1699_2010-08-06.html   

Omg, 3 room flat was priced at $13,500, if the first owner who stay from 1974 until now, and when the owner sell the flat, profits until siao. 3 room resale now at MP is at least $350,000 to $400,000++!

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Omg, 3 room flat was priced at $13,500, if the first owner who stay from 1974 until now, and when the owner sell the flat, profits until siao. 3 room resale now at MP is at least $350,000 to $400,000++!

9% return per year sounds wonderful but you have to take that profit and buy another place to stay. All in, not much real profit lah. I think left over enough to have a zi char meal.

Edited by Kxbc
  • Haha! 1

As my age catches up, the metabolism really drops a lot and tummy fat can easily build up.  Nowadays for my dinner, I skip the rice.  I also swim about 1 hour a day at night for 20+ laps just to maintain.  From next week, I will add about 15 min of gym before I go for my swim.  If my tummy is still not completely flat, I will reduce my dinner by 50%.

• Praise 7

36 minutes ago, awhtc said:

As my age catches up, the metabolism really drops a lot and tummy fat can easily build up.  Nowadays for my dinner, I skip the rice.  I also swim about 1 hour a day at night for 20+ laps just to maintain.  From next week, I will add about 15 min of gym before I go for my swim.  If my tummy is still not completely flat, I will reduce my dinner by 50%.

Gym before swim? Be careful don't get cramps while in the water. 

4 hours ago, Kxbc said:

Heck, I don't even 10km now so I doubt I will ever run 30km like that woman (who looks max 45 to me). 

If I can do a dead hang at 80, already amtf, let alone like that old man who can manage to do consecutive hanging knee lifts.

age is just a number … some says

Edited by Wt_know

8 hours ago, awhtc said:

Cutting dinner by 50%..... and not go hungry? If you can do that, it simply means u are over eating  in the first place.

Might not be be able to keep this up if you are hungry and end up snacking. 🤔

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

If you are not doing it already, cutting down on added sugar like soft drinks, and processed food is a way better route to go for better health.

• Praise 2

11 hours ago, awhtc said:

Tummy area very difficult to become flat la, esp when you age is catching up liao?! Lol. Flat tummy is only possible if you are still in your 20s. Or you are those gym freak working out since young until old.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

If you are not doing it already, cutting down on added sugar like soft drinks, and processed food is a way better route to go for better health.

Cutting down on added sugar or refined sugar is important but also not easy. Even you dont take soft drinks, there is also many other source of foods that have sugar/added sugar in them.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
44 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Cutting down on added sugar or refined sugar is important but also not easy. Even you dont take soft drinks, there is also many other source of foods that have sugar/added sugar in them.

That is true, esp sauces and gravy when you eat out. And baked goods and dessert too. I don't take them as far as possible as I don't really enjoy eating them.

Like you, my chai png is pretty plain, no sauce. But I take a lot more lard and oily meat than you.

Grilled pork belly with lettuce and raw garlic is heavenly. Pork lard in my bah chor mee or fish soup is yummy. Skin is my favorite part of the chicken & duck. Chicken wings I can devour a lot in 1 seating. Steak is juicy yummy.:XD: 

So no wonder still have tummy fat.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Rojak. Should see the amount of sugar they add inside.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Rojak. Should see the amount of sugar they add inside.

can always ask them don't put sugar. I always do that.

• Praise 2

12 hours ago, awhtc said:

I replaced usual lunch with whey protein.

I eat normally at night.

Rather than swimming at night, you should swim in the morning.

That will increase metabolism from morning.

16 hours ago, Kxbc said:

Amazing! looks like the Beijing local elderly exercise regime is tough and some looks like have shaolin kung fu background.

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

Amazing! looks like the Beijing local elderly exercise regime is tough and some looks like have shaolin kung fu background.

These oldies have been doing that day in day out for years ..... takes a lot of practice and building up strength.

Bear in mind also that retirement age comes relatively early in PRC, so by the time in their 50s, a lot of them already have the free leisure time in their hands. Early morning exercise is a routine for them once passed middle age. Whereas at the same age, most of us here are still stuck in the morning peak hour jams on way to work [laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1