Exercising and losing weight

ODC

I think I read from somewhere, jogging is the slowest to reduce weight. The fastest way is to have a fast run, sprint like 100m dash. After every sprint, rest for a few minutes, then sprint again. Repeat this for 15 to 30 min each day and you will see the result. There are some website talking about this exercise, let me google and post here, no promise. ;P

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

I think I read from somewhere, jogging is the slowest to reduce weight. The fastest way is to have a fast run, sprint like 100m dash. After every sprint, rest for a few minutes, then sprint again. Repeat this for 15 to 30 min each day and you will see the result. There are some website talking about this exercise, let me google and post here, no promise. ;P

Google HIIT, or Tabata.

• Praise 1

I had recon surgery for my knee, so sprints are out ... so what other replacements i can do as per HIIT? To lose weight? My prob is that i am getting signs of a belly .. sigh ... wasit increasing... One way is to eat less and more veg and fruits.

But exercies? Does swimming help in place of sprints?

• Praise 3

The best way to keep slim and healthy is to practice 'hidden exercise'

It's the exercise that you are doing everyday without knowing it.

1) walking quickly to MRT n busstop, etc

2) climbing up staircases instead of escalator,lift.

3) walking to the fax machine, walking around the office often.

4) eat small and healthy portion in the hawker center during working dayS.

5) carry baskets instead of using trolleys in supermarket.

6) doing housework, instEad of letting the maid do. Say clean the floor everyday.

7) Smoking will curb hunger urge, n makes you eat less. Smoke one stick just before your lunch n dinner.

8) go disco and dance at least twice per week, wed and frday nights.

9) get some basic knowledge of calorie counting and stick to low cal food.

10) be vain...very VAIN. This will keep you motivated to look good for the entire life!

The above is my new year resolUtion for 2011.

Throw away remote control

• Praise 1

I am not an expert. I believe by sprinting, it also depend on one's ability. It doesnt mean you have to run like Carl Lewis or Ben Johnson. All you need is just run as fast as you can, then rest, then run.

Swimming is definitely a good sport but how much you can lose weight, I am not sure. It also depend how far you swim and how long.

• Praise 1

I would love to run outdoor, but my place has a gym for me to use at my convenience.

On top of that, my home is at CBD area, the moment I go down in my running attire, I feel under dressed and the fumes from all the car will knock me out. Driving all the way to a location just to enjoy a jog is too much of a chore for me and I can't afford the hassle too, so bo bian, i use the treadmill hehe.

• Praise 3

not significant it may make you spent a little more energy with the sweater in the way but you'll lose more water weight from sweat ... U wanna follow rocky balboa? :) boxers have a weigh in ceremony where every grams count so Rocky wears a sweater :)

so this method only lose water? is it what they call water retention? [:)]

used run w army issued nb. Then decided to buy a pair of better grade running shoes. There is really a differnce.

gif up on smoking, not good for health. Have been smoking for 10 years gif up more than 5 years ago.

ok, will look out for any gd deal then.

smoking.. tough one but can worth the try.. thinking of cutting down. you know, usually after the break up, tend to puff like a smoking chamber

• Praise 1

Your logic is flawed. The Chinese are wearing business suits and using "21st century modern breakthrough computers" , and we don't see the Americans wearing Qi Paos and using abacuses.

dont tell me logic is flawed... tell that to LKY if you can.

the logic is not about physical things... its the way of thinking and principles..... u check who are the largest banks and companies in the world, and which country has the largest reserves now.

u actually believe those bloody ang mohs' words and theories? [laugh][laugh] poor boy...

they have been bluffing the world for the longest time

dont tell me logic is flawed... tell that to LKY if you can.

the logic is not about physical things... its the way of thinking and principles..... u check who are the largest banks and companies in the world, and which country has the largest reserves now.

u actually believe those bloody ang mohs' words and theories? [laugh][laugh] poor boy...

they have been bluffing the world for the longest time

What the f uck has that, and LKY got to do with health, other than the fact that the old man's still very healthy?

And yes, I believe those bloody ang moh nutritional, health and exercise "words and theories", if that's what you're referring to.

As for the bluffing the world part... you seem a bit incoherent, so don't elaborate.

• Praise 1

thanks for the info .. :) I was looking for running shoes too ... Yeah consistent workout will raise your basal metabolism rate and that increases your cal burning rate ... Which means weight loss!!!

Oh dear, I am a little too heavy to run as I like. Just make do with cycling until I can join you guys running again

• Praise 2

1) walking quickly to MRT n busstop, etc --> but I drive leh

2) climbing up staircases instead of escalator,lift. --> I stay above 30th floor leh, climb until siao

I can only stick to swimming; hurt my ankle this year and didn't have it heal properly. Can't run much already.

keep raining these few days also find it hard to swim.

everyday work until 10pm or so

• Praise 1

1) walking quickly to MRT n busstop, etc --> but I drive leh

2) climbing up staircases instead of escalator,lift. --> I stay above 30th floor leh, climb until siao

I can only stick to swimming; hurt my ankle this year and didn't have it heal properly. Can't run much already.

keep raining these few days also find it hard to swim.

everyday work until 10pm or so

• Praise 1

Running seem to be bad for my knee. Will stick to walking instead.

So long as can work to more than 80% of my MHR at 30 minutes will do, screw the mileage.

Shoes? only Asics for me. Mizuno is my second choice.

Food, eat less oily, less sugar, unfortunately very difficult for me for the volume

I am cycling to avoid that knee issue

• Praise 1

use backside to think, already will know that eating too much meat is not a good thing. i dont understand who are these ppl who keep preaching abt eating meat

i will chop off my head if someone who follow a diet of more vege/fruits, less meat, less rice and simple workout and still dont lose weight. I'm only talking about losing weight, not building Arnold muscles hor......

for centuries, look at those shaolin monks.... pure vege and soya beans all day, look at their health and stamina.....

obviously they are doing something right, don't they?

Any truth that plant protien healthier than animal protien, unless sex involved?

• Praise 1

Your logic is flawed. The Chinese are wearing business suits and using "21st century modern breakthrough computers" , and we don't see the Americans wearing Qi Paos and using abacuses.

He a little slow to update himself?

• Praise 1

I do the Cross Trainer 5 times a week up to one hour each time. CT says I use up 1200 calories each time.

Weight went down and up a bit. This over 6 years.

It was only when I cut down my intake on food that I really lost weight.

Just each less of everything. Always had a good diet just eat too much.

Oh btw I reckon the Treadmill is fine for exercise, IF you use some slope on it.

I don't use it as I like to protect my knees at my age.

Try cycling?

↡ Advertisement