Exercising and losing weight

ODC

Can feel fitness drop when I reduced my running during my injuries on my right foot. Now trying to build back, when I don't feel much pain as before while running. So it's not just taking a break, just reducing the amount of exercise can feel the deterioration.
↡ Advertisement

And the negative impact increases with age. ð­

All the more when one age, the more exercises they need, not the reverse as most think.

I look at team strong silvers and the old folks hand/leg shaking exercise in the park to remind me of this.

• Praise 1

Can feel fitness drop when I reduced my running during my injuries on my right foot. Now trying to build back, when I don't feel much pain as before while running. So it's not just taking a break, just reducing the amount of exercise can feel the deterioration.

Did you rest totally or switch to other forms of exercise like swimming? It should help somewhat...my experience.
  • Praise 1

Get weekly training plan from McMillan.

Training plans all over the internet, no need to pay lah. Or if you already signed up, can share
  • Praise 1

McMillan will tailored to your level of proficiency and no. Of run you intend to do per week.

I also used mcmillan calculator for the my pace for different zones, instead of HR zones. If I want to do long run, I just use the easy pace recommendation.

Did you rest totally or switch to other forms of exercise like swimming? It should help somewhat...my experience.

No total rest. I just ran slower and shorter as much as the pain don't exceed level 3.  

I guess the fitness would drop even further if I will to have a total rest. 

• Praise 2

Ok, i think i can do a review on the xiaomi huami amazfit pace after a few days and 3 runs.  ^_^

I have done 3 different runs on 3 different routes, of which GPS distance clocked on 2 routes are fairly close to what google map gave me. 1 route which is my usual 4.2km runs return only 4.05km, but then even wahoo and strava on my phone dont give me the same distance on every run. So GPS wise I think it is fairly accurate..

Besides the only button which controls the on/off, back light and waking of the watch, double tapping on the watch face can also on the back light and wakes up the watch. 

There are 13 pages in total, namely sports, watch, activities, weather forecast, daily overview, continuous HR, music, alarm,compass, stopwatch, sleep monitoring, training and timer. 

I think I must have gotten a very very old watch, for when I first turned it on, it had to update the software twice. Even the 2 updates didnt bring it up to date until the 3rd update was done. The 3rd update probably gave it a the lastest updated version, with GPS working with 11 sports instead of 7 when I got it. 

Watch face wise, there are a total of 29 to choose from, where you can do the switching both from the watch and the app. I use this face because it has the most details cramped into the face.  [laugh]

post-65783-0-26112900-1533613621.jpg

On runs, it gives details such as total time , moving time, pause time( which can be set), mileage and calories burn, pace and speed, heart rate, heart rate zone, cadence and stride length, altitude ( which I have no clue at all) and gradient changes ( uphill, downhill and flat land time), both in numbers and graph. 

Music is a good feature, but can only connect via wireless headphone. Alarm and timer are on vibrate mode only, no sound one. Sleep monitoring is interesting as it can tell when we fall asleep, wakes up and how long we are in deep and light sleep. But I have to wear it this high up and quite tight for it to work properly ( abt 2" above wrist and quite tight).

post-65783-0-91623200-1533614577.jpg

The only thing I find lagging is the heart rate monitor. I have to wear it very high up and tight for it to actually work, and even then it cannot capture sudden increase of movement, unlike my wahoo tickerx chest strap HRM. For starting of slow runs, the HRM seem quite ok, but as the watch starts to slip down due to sweat, the reading starts to go wild. I dont have the issue after I paired it to my wahoo tickrX, the pairing solved the inaccurate HR issue.  I wore it this way to have a maximun grip on my arm, still it starts to move after 3km. 

post-65783-0-71510300-1533615249.jpg

The water is IP67 ( suppose can tahan 30 min under 1m of water), and I have washed it under running water after every runs  to help prolong life of the soft silicon strap, so far watch still alive. 

Battery life is ok, but not as fantastic as it is marketed to be. A 70 min run with music on, will drain it down by 20%, whereas it can last 3-4 days if use as a normal watch. So far I have not use it till flat, so not really sure how long it can really last. one thing for sure is the battery is longer lasting than my phone, and it sld be able to last a complete 42km with music on.  [:p]

There are talks that some watches cannot charge after 6-7 months, a quick search found this solution, and seem to be working well. 

Overall, for the price and the features, I think no other GPS watch can smell smoke, not even come close. Personally I think is real value for money, of course provided you can live with how the HRM works.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 5

Ok, i think i can do a review on the xiaomi huami amazfit pace after a few days and 3 runs. ^_^

I have done 3 different runs on 3 different routes, of which GPS distance clocked on 2 routes are fairly close to what google map gave me. 1 route which is my usual 4.2km runs return only 4.05km, but then even wahoo and strava on my phone dont give me the same distance on every run. So GPS wise I think it is fairly accurate..

Besides the only button which controls the on/off, back light and waking of the watch, double tapping on the watch face can also on the back light and wakes up the watch.

There are 13 pages in total, namely sports, watch, activities, weather forecast, daily overview, continuous HR, music, alarm,compass, stopwatch, sleep monitoring, training and timer.

I think I must have gotten a very very old watch, for when I first turned it on, it had to update the software twice. Even the 2 updates didnt bring it up to date until the 3rd update was done. The 3rd update probably gave it a the lastest updated version, with GPS working with 11 sports instead of 7 when I got it.

Watch face wise, there are a total of 29 to choose from, where you can do the switching both from the watch and the app. I use this face because it has the most details cramped into the face. [laugh]

rps20180802_085255.jpg

On runs, it gives details such as total time , moving time, pause time( which can be set), mileage and calories burn, pace and speed, heart rate, heart rate zone, cadence and stride length, altitude ( which I have no clue at all) and gradient changes ( uphill, downhill and flat land time), both in numbers and graph.

Music is a good feature, but can only connect via wireless headphone. Alarm and timer are on vibrate mode only, no sound one. Sleep monitoring is interesting as it can tell when we fall asleep, wakes up and how long we are in deep and light sleep. But I have to wear it this high up and quite tight for it to work properly ( abt 2" above wrist and quite tight).

rps20180802_205904.jpg

The only thing I find lagging is the heart rate monitor. I have to wear it very high up and tight for it to actually work, and even then it cannot capture sudden increase of movement, unlike my wahoo tickerx chest strap HRM. For starting of slow runs, the HRM seem quite ok, but as the watch starts to slip down due to sweat, the reading starts to go wild. I dont have the issue after I paired it to my wahoo tickrX, the pairing solved the inaccurate HR issue. I wore it this way to have a maximun grip on my arm, still it starts to move after 3km.

rps20180802_205937.jpg

The water is IP67 ( suppose can tahan 30 min under 1m of water), and I have washed it under running water after every runs to help prolong life of the soft silicon strap, so far watch still alive.

Battery life is ok, but not as fantastic as it is marketed to be. A 70 min run with music on, will drain it down by 20%, whereas it can last 3-4 days if use as a normal watch. So far I have not use it till flat, so not really sure how long it can really last. one thing for sure is the battery is longer lasting than my phone, and it sld be able to last a complete 42km with music on. [:p]

There are talks that some watches cannot charge after 6-7 months, a quick search found this solution, and seem to be working well.

Overall, for the price and the features, I think no other GPS watch can smell smoke, not even come close. Personally I think is real value for money, of course provided you can live with how the HRM works. [:p][laugh][laugh]

One thing i notice about wearing the watch higher in the upper arm is after your perspire and lost more water, it gets looser. Within 5km, bo need to readjust. But more than 10km, i have to do some tightening.

Wearing on the wrist, no such problem to tigthened the band.

How's the response on the touch screen with sweaty fingers? Able to stop the timer?

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 2

One thing i notice about wearing the watch higher in the upper run is after your perspire and lost more water, it gets looser. Within 5km, bo need to readjust. But more than 10km, i have to do some tightening.

How's the response on the touch screen with sweaty fingers? Able to stop the timer?

yah, after I paired it with the wahoo, I just leave it as it is.  [:p]

stopping the timer on touch screen so far ok, but have to press down a little. I think can use the button also, but I have not try.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

yah, after I paired it with the wahoo, I just leave it as it is.  [:p]

stopping the timer on touch screen so far ok, but have to press down a little. I think can use the button also, but I have not try.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

One good thing about huami amazfit is that there's alot of accessories bands on TB and shopee.  Same for Garmin.

• Praise 1

One thing i notice about wearing the watch higher in the upper arm is after your perspire and lost more water, it gets looser. Within 5km, bo need to readjust. But more than 10km, i have to do some tightening.

Tried again yesterday and no issue with the touch screen with sweaty finger, I guess they knew it when they design the watch.

Just need to double tap or press button to wake up the watch, then swap right and press pause and end run. ^_^[laugh][laugh]

One good thing about huami amazfit is that there's alot of accessories bands on TB and shopee. Same for Garmin.

Yah, my watch came original with the orange strap, the black one cost us$15 more. I order a black one and a blue one from aliexpress at us$3.80 each. ^_^[laugh][laugh]

i saw some NDP promotion on lazada for the amazfit pace if anyone interested. I don't rem the price though.

actually for those not so particular with the HRM, I think the BIP is really super value for money. Some of the guys are getting it like under $80, which is quite a good buy. 

Best part is, it can get mistaken as an apple watch.  [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement