Exercising and losing weight

ODC

10 hours ago, Kxbc said:

Contracted dengue mid June. Down with high fever for 5 days and low grade fever for another 2 days. But 10 days after supposedly recovered, still fatigue easily and can feel a very low grade fever on and off. 

Started exercising just last week but performance after 1 week is still bad. Endurance and stamina pretty much gone. At best 70% of pre-dengue. Ran 3.7km last week, like a 70 year old man.

I find more difficult to recover stamina from Dengue.

Take care and go easy

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
13 hours ago, Kxbc said:

Contracted dengue mid June. Down with high fever for 5 days and low grade fever for another 2 days. But 10 days after supposedly recovered, still fatigue easily and can feel a very low grade fever on and off. 

Started exercising just last week but performance after 1 week is still bad. Endurance and stamina pretty much gone. At best 70% of pre-dengue. Ran 3.7km last week, like a 70 year old man.

Ran the same 3.7km again today. Thought I felt better during the run but timing even slower by 30 seconds. 😅

Turbocharged
29 minutes ago, Ender said:

Why they never say look at what you eat and then remove the excess sugar, processed food, processed oil and other unnecessary calories? 

Proper diet is better than exercise. Diet manages health. Exercise manages fitness. 

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
1 minute ago, Kxbc said:

Why they never say look at what you eat and then remove the excess sugar, processed food, processed oil and other unnecessary calories? 

Proper diet is better than exercise. Diet manages health. Exercise manages fitness. 

I think this study are narrow focus exercises on its effect on obesity. Don't want to add in other variables.  But sedentary has a big role to play in the rise of obesity, as much as excess sugar and processed food.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

But I can safely say the hiking part does not work for most SG lang. Most of their hikes end up at hawker centres with orh lua, CKT, CTK, BBQ sting ray, satay and fried chicken wings. 🥴

• Haha! 3

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Kxbc said:

But I can safely say the hiking part does not work for most SG lang. Most of their hikes end up at hawker centres with orh lua, CKT, CTK, BBQ sting ray, satay and fried chicken wings. 🥴

I also end my runs at hawker centre and eat alot leh..😅  I think the issue for some hikers is they are the weekend warrior . 1 time a week of siong exercise will compensate for the rest of the week of sedentary lifestyle.

I know of old folks who regularly walk up the BT hills a few round almost everyday.. These are the heatlhy hikers and afford to eat their toast bread with two eggs for breakfast.,

• Praise 1

Supersonic
4 minutes ago, Ender said:

I also end my runs at hawker centre and eat alot leh..😅  I think the issue for some hikers is they are the weekend warrior . 1 time a week of siong exercise will compensate for the rest of the week of sedentary lifestyle.

I know of old folks who regularly walk up the BT hills a few round almost everyday.. These are the heatlhy hikers and afford to eat their toast bread with two eggs for breakfast.,

Those weekend exercise is just for an excuse to get together to chit chat and eat eat eat lo. Then act act a bit go hiking or exercise to feel not so gulity after indulging hawker foods. Lol.

• Haha! 3

4 hours ago, 13177 said:

Those weekend exercise is just for an excuse to get together to chit chat and eat eat eat lo. Then act act a bit go hiking or exercise to feel not so gulity after indulging hawker foods. Lol.

That’s why I like to cycle with AMDK.

Cycle finish no eat. Only la kopi.

Only once a month we have club breakfast 

Check with gurus, is the SAF PT shoes suitable for jogging beyond 5km?

Cheapo here looking for bargain jogging shoes😅

Supersonic
11 minutes ago, Gunzy said:

If army bois can wear this PT shoes for all their running, should be able to tahan la. 

Last last time even ORD liao i still wear saf PT shoes for my 6-10km run. No problem for me. Lol.

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Gunzy said:

I bought them for my jogs (about 5-6km). No need to think what to buy since they already spent plenty of resources to test, trail and select.

You got to go test since they have a few types. Only one of them suits my (wider) feet shape.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
2 hours ago, Gunzy said:

Expert  review. He said very nice.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

@13177 Lol, last time we ran with canvas shoes loh, when young anything also ok😄

Now old liao, all problems start coming out, so needa protect our knees especially when cartilage is already worn out😅

• Praise 1

@Volvobrickcoz the earlier asics version wasn't so comfortable and bulky/heavy, read that this batch is similar, scared my old jelly legs cannot take it...

Maybe should give it another try🤔

I also have wider feet, so its good to know they have size catered for it