Jump to content

Exercising and losing weight


Recommended Posts

Hypersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ender said:

Since you started viewing kneesovertoe guy video, might as well follow thru with his plan. Assuming his claims are true, he had knee replacement done before due to injury, and now he can do all those amazing stuff.

Walking backwards or against slope i think that's quite do-able.
Unweighted Tibialis raises are not difficult to do but i dunno how he does them barefeet, my heel will hurt from the pressure.
Though I've mostly recovered from plantar fasciitis after using lower drop shoes, no way i can do them barefeet.

I'm considering getting a wooden slant board, cos that's not too bulky. And it can be used for stretching as well. It's supposedly very beneficial even from traditional PT videos.

 

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
2 hours ago, Ender said:

Since you started viewing kneesovertoe guy video, might as well follow thru with his plan. Assuming his claims are true, he had knee replacement done before due to injury, and now he can do all those amazing stuff.

He has a partial or total knee replacement procedure? I am not so sure. These procedures are typically for people below 60 because those artificial joints have a lifespan of 20 years only. And by the time these artificial joints wear out, the person is likely dead.

He probably has another procedure done?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Knee indeed is a complex structure. Since my injury of my knee due to meniscus tear i have been very careful with my knee and exercises. Thankfully, now is getting better and i can exercise and run without much issue. I try to run at slower pace, reduce mileage and smaller cadence to reduce the impact.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
37 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

He has a partial or total knee replacement procedure? I am not so sure. These procedures are typically for people below 60 because those artificial joints have a lifespan of 20 years only. And by the time these artificial joints wear out, the person is likely dead.

He probably has another procedure done?

I don't know all these procedures and what he did. 

  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
(edited)
53 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

He has a partial or total knee replacement procedure? I am not so sure. These procedures are typically for people below 60 because those artificial joints have a lifespan of 20 years only. And by the time these artificial joints wear out, the person is likely dead.

He probably has another procedure done?

No lah. He probably only has ligaments repair or arthroscopic surgery which may or may not work for everyone. Unless it's something like ACL repair which is definitely helpful for anyone with a torn ACL.

 

 

Edited by Lala81
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Giordanogavin said:

 

For those with high bad cholesterol LDL, looks like not much can be done in term of diet and exercises. Probably medication (statin) but that is what most people want to avoid taking.

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasia.com/wellness/tips-lower-cholesterol-levels-diet-exercise-food-298536?fbclid=IwAR0HfSqrcKGPKO5hnLufQkq5kqIhktsw7G68l1DNdncpU4VTirZAXU-rlO0

More importantly is to stave away high BP, high weight, high sugar. 

How to have good cholesterol, only eat white bread.
Doesn't mean the cholesterol is a good measure of your health.[:p]

If u are high high from a young age, yeah take meds. 

 

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged

Partial knee replacement or total knee replacement is a dua zhong operation. Basically, the surgeon will cut off the bottom part of the femur and top part of the tibia which connects to the knee joint (the damaged portion). Then the artificial knee will be basically drilled into the femur and the tibia to secure it. The whole knee is man made.

To me as a layman, it is like a heart transplant surgery where they remove your heart and put in an artificial one, albeit less serious because without the leg, still can survive. I've seen a few animation videos on TKR surgery. Wah lao, see liao really make me want to protect my knees more.

That is why I am not sure if the kneesover toes guy had a simpler injury like repairing a menicus tear etc.

 

  • Praise 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Kxbc said:

He has a partial or total knee replacement procedure? I am not so sure. These procedures are typically for people below 60 because those artificial joints have a lifespan of 20 years only. And by the time these artificial joints wear out, the person is likely dead.

He probably has another procedure done?

I missed out a "NOT". These procedures are typically not for people below 60. 😅

Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

Partial knee replacement or total knee replacement is a dua zhong operation. Basically, the surgeon will cut off the bottom part of the femur and top part of the tibia which connects to the knee joint (the damaged portion). Then the artificial knee will be basically drilled into the femur and the tibia to secure it. The whole knee is man made.

To me as a layman, it is like a heart transplant surgery where they remove your heart and put in an artificial one, albeit less serious because without the leg, still can survive. I've seen a few animation videos on TKR surgery. Wah lao, see liao really make me want to protect my knees more.

That is why I am not sure if the kneesover toes guy had a simpler injury like repairing a menicus tear etc.

 

He did mentioned it in one of many videos he produced on the surgery he did on his knees. What type, I don't know but it was due to the sports he was doing then, overload or over train when young. Anyway i think there's alot to learn from his video on strengthening your knees and other legs problem. I am doing the atg squad (dynamic instead of static) and the tibialis feet lift regularly for strengthen my shin. I am using the kettle bell for it.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kxbc said:

Partial knee replacement or total knee replacement is a dua zhong operation. Basically, the surgeon will cut off the bottom part of the femur and top part of the tibia which connects to the knee joint (the damaged portion). Then the artificial knee will be basically drilled into the femur and the tibia to secure it. The whole knee is man made.

To me as a layman, it is like a heart transplant surgery where they remove your heart and put in an artificial one, albeit less serious because without the leg, still can survive. I've seen a few animation videos on TKR surgery. Wah lao, see liao really make me want to protect my knees more.

That is why I am not sure if the kneesover toes guy had a simpler injury like repairing a menicus tear etc.

 

I can imagine adding a nipple for pumping in lubricants in case the new knee has creaking sound....

 

  • Haha! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
6 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I can imagine adding a nipple for pumping in lubricants in case the new knee has creaking sound....

 

Like that remember to bring a can of wd40 for sports when one get the nipple installed.😅

  • Haha! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ender said:

Like that remember to bring a can of wd40 for sports when one get the nipple installed.😅

Normal WD40 is not actually a good lubricant for heavy loads, you need high pressure lubricant/grease in this case!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
33 minutes ago, Ender said:

He did mentioned it in one of many videos he produced on the surgery he did on his knees. What type, I don't know but it was due to the sports he was doing then, overload or over train when young. Anyway i think there's alot to learn from his video on strengthening your knees and other legs problem. I am doing the atg squad (dynamic instead of static) and the tibialis feet lift regularly for strengthen my shin. I am using the kettle bell for it.

Truth is not many peoples body is built for pro sports. To be a pro player already means u are more injury resistant cos many others fell out along the way. So it's survival of the fittest. 

  • Praise 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
(edited)
3 hours ago, Kxbc said:

He has a partial or total knee replacement procedure? I am not so sure. These procedures are typically for people below 60 because those artificial joints have a lifespan of 20 years only. And by the time these artificial joints wear out, the person is likely dead.

He probably has another procedure done?

 

9:27 to 9:40.. He mentioned his left has a partial artificial knee cap and his right has a torn ACL which he didin't operate on, and the Ortho went on to comment on his injuries.

 

 

Edited by Ender
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hypersonic
(edited)
2 hours ago, Ender said:

 

9:27 to 9:40.. He mentioned his left has a partial artificial knee cap and his right has a torn ACL which he didin't operate on, and the Ortho went on to comment on his injuries.

 

 

Lol I never bother watching these reaction videos. 3 of my good friends are orthopods. My best friend is an adult knee and hip reconstruction guy. 

He recommends this channel. 

https://youtube.com/c/AskDoctorJo

But I guess their viewpoint is different. They are there to fix problems. And lot of their patients are the jialat ones so it's different. They are a different level of severity. 

 

Edited by Lala81
Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic

Injured my left big toe then me foot hit a big rock while running and fidgeting with my watch/ My Garmin finally gave on of GPS locking. Using an old watch, so abit not familiar with the display and control. Wasn't that painful while running, but morning wake up, the big toe quite sore.😅

  • Shocked 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Supersonic
14 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Lol I never bother watching these reaction videos. 3 of my good friends are orthopods. My best friend is an adult knee and hip reconstruction guy. 

He recommends this channel. 

https://youtube.com/c/AskDoctorJo

But I guess their viewpoint is different. They are there to fix problems. And lot of their patients are the jialat ones so it's different. They are a different level of severity. 

 

Simi is partial artificial knee cap? Only use one piece ?

↡ Advertisement
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...