Exercising and losing weight

ODC

6 hours ago, 13177 said:

Any reason to keep heart rate within 140 - 150?

so that I wont have a heart attack lor. [grin]

my jogging objective is about rhythm, breathing, posture, so I do not pursue outright speed. and I would like to have pain free jogging, especially for my bones and joints.

when I end my jog my heart rate goes from 140 - 150 to 115 within a minute. quite satisfied with that.

4 hours ago, Kxbc said:

I tried over 3 months to keep my average running HR at 14X. Pace was very slow. And I did not see any improvement to run time or stamina after that. So I just switched back to OTOT, finish as fast as possible. But it is also because I only run 2x a week, so maybe OK in the longer run. If I run 6X a week, maybe I will adopt a 140X HR run.

yes, once a max heart rate is set, the only way to improve timing is to improve strides.

as PTIs used to shout at us "Open Your Legs !!!" [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic
6 hours ago, Ender said:

That pace is in the past., After getting hit by hyperthyroidism, no longer can run fast liao. Now a 5:30 pace for 5km is already near my limit. Just training to endure longer at  6min pace would be my goal for the coming SCSM.

wah… can run marathon i already very respect

still beyond me 

😅

Hypersonic

the only hr trackers i wear are the hpb trackers … 

all 3 always show my hr vigorous and go to 170+… non stop buzzing initially during a run like i going to die, then after a while they all give up and stop buzzing

dunno why like that 

😅

1 hour ago, Blueray said:

so that I wont have a heart attack lor. [grin]

my jogging objective is about rhythm, breathing, posture, so I do not pursue outright speed. and I would like to have pain free jogging, especially for my bones and joints.

when I end my jog my heart rate goes from 140 - 150 to 115 within a minute. quite satisfied with that.

yes, once a max heart rate is set, the only way to improve timing is to improve strides.

as PTIs used to shout at us "Open Your Legs !!!" [laugh]

Without knowing your functional threshold heart rate, 140 is just good guess.

You might need to slow down your pace

I recently realise I am getting a lot of these micro bits around my neck 

wife say is 肉瘤. I search internet think is 肉粒

But my one are many but much smaller than pic

anyone knows what is the correct English term for these? Probably will see polyclinic soon

1389D42C-ED17-49C4-89C7-D3BE401159C2.jpeg

C4498F21-DCD3-4657-9156-2BCBDA48A90A.jpeg

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Mustank said:

anyone knows what is the correct English term for these? Probably will see polyclinic soon

Skin tags.

• Praise 1

Can cut away yourself using scissors or razor blad, if you garang enough. I removed a bigger one recently, need alot of courage. Humans have built-in mechanism to stop killing yourself is thee best way to put it.

• Praise 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Can cut away yourself using scissors or razor blad, if you garang enough. I removed a bigger one recently, need alot of courage. Humans have built-in mechanism to stop killing yourself is thee best way to put it.

Can tie string to cut off the blood flow like how they castrate farm animals or dock the tails of dogs? 🤔

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

5 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

Skin tags.

Thanks bro! 

jialat:

Risk factors for skin tags

Skin tags appear to be more common in:

people who are overweight and obese

those with diabetes

women during pregnancy, possibly due to hormonal changes and high levels of growth factors

those with some types of human papilloma virus (HPV)

people with a sex-steroid imbalance, especially if there are changes in levels of estrogen and progesterone

those whose close family members also have skin tags

Supersonic
50 minutes ago, Mustank said:

This one can use laser to remove it, those doing facial can do it. Maybe go skin doctor can also remove for you. Cause if you dont remove it, it might grow bigger and more.

Last last time my neck area also grow one, never go and do anything and it is so ugly for such a long time. Then went to do facial and ask the beautician there and she used laser to slowly and bit by bit remove it completely.

• Praise 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Mustank said:

skin tags due to skin ageing and metabolic condition. If u are obese, tend to have.

Multiple ones are definite early sign of future metabolic syndrome.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

52 minutes ago, Heartlander said:

bit hard to cut your own neck using a mirror. easier to do for other people. 

• Praise 2

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

skin tags due to skin ageing and metabolic condition.

Multiple ones are definite sign of metabolic syndrome.
My dad/in-laws have none. And my mum only had 1 over so many years.

Never know skin tags is due to metabolic condition. Looks like not a good thing to get skin tags since metabolic condition is not a good thing. 😨

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Mustank said:

Normal lah...ageing is liddat one...my mil has one big enuf to auction off at sotheby...😅

• Haha! 6

(edited)
6 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Never know skin tags is due to metabolic condition. Looks like not a good thing to get skin tags since metabolic condition is not a good thing. 😨

anyone can have 1-2 as u get into your 40s or later. But usually these will be isolated and unlikely to keep coming out. 

When u see people with it in their 30s or early 40s with like multiple ones over their neck, significantly higher chance they will develop metabolic syndrome down the years.

So yeah, it's a wake up call but most people just think of it as skin ageing.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 6

Supersonic
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

anyone can have 1-2 as u get into your 40s or later. But usually these will be isolated and unlikely to keep coming out. 

When u see people with it in their 30s or early 40s with like multiple ones over their neck, significantly higher chance they will develop metabolic syndrome down the years.

So yeah, it's a wake up call but most people just think of it as skin ageing.

If have very small ones over the skin once a while, still consider got metabolic syndrome problem? Not like those in the picture grow until so big.

But even develop in the 30s or early 40s with such thing, what should a person do to prevent metabolic syndrome down the years?

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If have very small ones over the skin once a while, still consider got metabolic syndrome problem? Not like those in the picture grow until so big.

doesn't matter flat or pedunculated. it's just different ways of excess skin growth. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1