Exercising and losing weight

ODC

actually the correlation between exercise and weight loss is not that great.

you'd have a better chance losing weight via diet. try no carb diet.

imagine one plate of chicken rice how many calories. how many hours of exercise you need to do just to burn off a plate of chicken rice?

• Praise 3

do what huh.... :D

alamak, i don't know how to link [sweatdrop]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCqWeAL2xb4

Looks like nothing. Should be cho boh. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCqWeAL2xb4

This reminds me of RT. Static stations usually done on rainy days. LoL...

Can be quite a workout.

I tried it for 5 days, the most can do 4 to 5 reps only but because I have knee injury (op both knees back in early 90's), I stop liao, maybe will replaced the jumping part with something else [nod]

Edited by Vtim
  • Praise 1

Some physical exercises are suitable for those without any previous/current injuries. Or recovering from injuries.

I believe better to reduce excess weight with dieting, first. Start physical exercise when BMI near to 25, to reduce risk of injuries due to being overweight. Hurt my knees quite badly cycling 1st Round Island with inadequate training/preparation due to ignorance. Those who had knees surgery should avoid impact exercise involving the knees. Cycling an alternative.

I actually have other injuries besides just the knees, push too hard in the gym about 20+yrs ago, back then the gym instructor will always say "come on, you can do it" & "No Pain No Gain" so now that I am almost 50, I "Gain all the Pain" [sweatdrop]

Have started to cut down a bit on carbo and also take smaller multiple meals, actually weight did go down after I started to swim (about 50 laps to 60 laps, depending on that morning's mood), 3 times a week but my right shoulder's old injury (from carrying weights) is back, so now looking at other ways to workout to burn those fats [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that again. I believe those who declared no pain, no gain are self-confession that lack the expertise on the subject. Fats are also sometimes mis-identified excessive water within each body cells.

I had seen a 'coach' trying to train teenagers who appeared to be BMI 30 for 100M sprinting event.

Some 'coaches' simply need to be coached instead.

Example: some are able to train on the relevant precautions before any serious training lesson get started. Some unfortunate trainees will have to suffer with the 'No pain no gain' penalty, in the name of training.

The best part is someone half my age offered to be my personal trainer, to train me in running when he could not out ran me after 4Km, and I am not pulling your legs.

I believe, unless the trainee(s) is/are already quite fit, reducing weight can be safer approach to start any physical exercise/training. At least the risk of injuries reduced, or not too serious.

yah, I learn it the hard way [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

alamak, i don't know how to link [sweatdrop]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCqWeAL2xb4

I tried it for 5 days, the most can do 4 to 5 reps only but because I have knee injury (op both knees back in early 90's), I stop liao, maybe will replaced the jumping part with something else [nod]

i hate this mike fella.

he shows some exercises and then he leads you to buy his afterburner snakeoil magic potion.

bad enough that now i've clicked on him he's all over my youtube.

[shakehead]

i've done lots of reading and trials myself, all kinds of fancy diets, do HIIT, fartlek, tabata etc

still no 6-pack for a 40 year old man.... only under certain lighting conditions :D

the only thing that I've learnt and swear by is this:

if you want to have great looking and great feeling body, its 70% diet, 30% exercise.

if you still want your char kway teow, ice cream and chocolate everyday, no amount or technique of exercise can help you.

• Praise 2

i hate this mike fella.

he shows some exercises and then he leads you to buy his afterburner snakeoil magic potion.

[shakehead]

i've done lots of reading and trials myself, all kinds of fancy diets, do HIIT, fartlek, tabata etc

still no 6-pack for a 40 year old man.... only under certain lighting conditions :D

if you want to have great looking and great feeling body, its 70% diet, 30% exercise.

if you still want your char kway teow, ice cream and chocolate everyday, no amount or technique of exercise can help you.

Hgh work to burn off those stubborn fats

But super expensive through

Edited by Dfx16
  • Praise 2

i hate this mike fella.

[shakehead]

I only watch the exercise part, the rest I don't bother :D

• Praise 1

i hate this mike fella.

[shakehead]

Abstinence is the hardest part...

• Praise 1

i hate this mike fella.

[shakehead]

I have seen success in the old proven techique, the sit-up. Many commercial or cave man diet says sit-up won't give you 6 pack, but it works for me. I bought an decline sit up bench from Qoo10, carry a 16kg kettlebell on my chest and do 3 sets of reps to failure. together with other core muscle exercise on the same days. Other days I do running. Whatever exercises I do, it's has to be with higher intensity,

My diet, is rojak,.

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 1

i hate this mike fella.

[shakehead]

You can still have your char kway teow, ice cream and chocolate, only on weekends...and if you are regularly exercising.

What I do is count calories, from monday to fridays on a negative calorie intake diet while exercising. Its not fasting when I say negative calorie intake....Weekends I can have whatever I want to eat, just not pigging out on buffet every weekend.

I'm 40+, lost 20kg so far doing my diet and weights, as I don't like running I do walk a fair bit about 7-12km a day.

So its not like you have to forgo all the good food, its just you need moderation and exercise.

• Praise 2

You can still have your char kway teow, ice cream and chocolate, only on weekends...and if you are regularly exercising.

What I do is count calories, from monday to fridays on a negative calorie intake diet while exercising. Its not fasting when I say negative calorie intake....Weekends I can have whatever I want to eat, just not pigging out on buffet every weekend.

I'm 40+, lost 20kg so far doing my diet and weights, as I don't like running I do walk a fair bit about 7-12km a day.

So its not like you have to forgo all the good food, its just you need moderation and exercise.

Wow. No joke to lose 20kg. How long did you take? I am currently overweight and need to lose 15kg to hit my ideal weight.

Walking 7-12km per day means you spend 2-4 hours walking everyday?

• Praise 1

Wow. No joke to lose 20kg. How long did you take? I am currently overweight and need to lose 15kg to hit my ideal weight.

Walking 7-12km per day means you spend 2-4 hours walking everyday?

Took me about 10 mths. As for walking, its the total I've walked for the day, based on my fitness tracker, so i try to keep on my feet a lot during work, make an effort to walk further on the way home from work and such. During gym I also walked on the machine about 1/2-1hr after my weight training.

But you have to make a conscious change in your diet and exercise. I keep track on my calorie intake during the week with myfitnesspal app and track some calorie burn through my fitness tracker.

Starting is always slow and you need to motivate yourself to keep going.

• Praise 2

My personal trainer is 50+ years old and he can kick my ass up and down the street.

I think i need a personal trainer too.

Do they come in 36-24-34, 165cm, 48kg?

• Praise 1

I think i need a personal trainer too.

Do they come in 36-24-34, 165cm, 48kg?

u r looking for a teenage model or trainer or both in a person? [rolleyes][thumbsup]

Edited by Janling3
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2