Rimowa luggage

joSG

Hypersonic

Hi, any views on aluminum or polycarbonate?

Aluminum are more heavy. A 28" will weight a few kg by itself.

Advantage it is very robust. Almost all individual parts can be changed if spoil.

Polycarbonate are very light.

I have both 28".

Aluminum are more heavy. A 28" will weight a few kg by itself.

Advantage it is very robust. Almost all individual parts can be changed if spoil.

Polycarbonate are very light.

I have both 28".

thank you. If you could only keep one, which one would u keep?

Turbocharged

Rimowa is very strong but heavy. The wheels are very good. Can sit on it and roll. But expensive.

Why you need such heavy and expensive luggage.

Hypersonic

thank you. If you could only keep one, which one would u keep?

Aluminum mainly used by me.

Polycarbonate used by wife.

If you don't mind the weight I will say go for aluminum. But the price is almost like double.

I bought both in Germany, so it is like half price compared to here after tax rebate.

Aluminum mainly used by me.

Polycarbonate used by wife.

If you don't mind the weight I will say go for aluminum. But the price is almost like double.

I bought both in Germany, so it is like half price compared to here after tax rebate.

Thank you!

Rimowa is very strong but heavy. The wheels are very good. Can sit on it and roll. But expensive.

Why you need such heavy and expensive luggage.

I heard very good reviews about its wheels, which other bags give me lots of problems

Hypersonic

Thank you!

I heard very good reviews about its wheels, which other bags give me lots of problems

Yes, if you push or pull along, the wheel is so smooth.

Supercharged

Thank you!

After you use Rimowa, you can’t stand Samsonite’s wheel.

:D

I’m using PC. Saving up to get the alu.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

After you use Rimowa, you can’t stand Samsonite’s wheel.

I’m using PC. Saving up to get the alu.

Hahaha, so conclusion.

German wheel are still better than American wheel.

Buying a Samsonite luggage is akin to slicing a piece of flesh off my body. Rimowa is :a-SOS:

Can get a Samsonite cabin size luggage quite easily through some CC application promotion.

Quite often to see free luggage for CC new application.

Hypersonic

Rosie are you the TS?

I told you already get the lighter one

or too heavy the plane cannot take off lah.

• Praise 1

Those i got free from CC application are american tourister and delsey.

Can get a Samsonite cabin size luggage quite easily through some CC application promotion.
Quite often to see free luggage for CC new application.

Turbocharged

Salsa sport for me. Very solid build. Get it overseas is cheaper.. I got it at NYC plus it was having discount.

Else can go down to suntec or MG to look see look see and have a feel..

Turbocharged

I have been using Lojel for years. Very good and affordable ( below $200 for 28”).

Useful grab points when need to lift.

Has two number locks and 2 more clasp at both sides. Full confidence it won’t burst apart from rough airport handling.  Lightweight polycarbonate ( not those hard noisy type ). Japan product.

The two that I have are the old gen single wheel type which can be difficult to roll over carpets and can get caught in lift door tracks.

Buy the latest line which comes with double wheel. OG recently advertised.

• Praise 1

Yeah i am also using a Lojel and a Delsey luggage. Lojel to me is value for money.

I have been using Lojel for years. Very good and affordable ( below $200 for 28”).

Useful grab points when need to lift.

Has two number locks and 2 more clasp at both sides. Full confidence it won’t burst apart from rough airport handling.  Lightweight polycarbonate ( not those hard noisy type ). Japan product.

The two that I have are the old gen single wheel type which can be difficult to roll over carpets and can get caught in lift door tracks.

Buy the latest line which comes with double wheel. OG recently advertised.

• Praise 1

If you are going to Munich, google for this luggage shop in Marionplatz that give 10% discount.

I noticed that Aluminium case sold in Rimowa shop here no longer MADE IN GERMANY.

• Praise 2

If you are going to Munich, google for this luggage shop in Marionplatz that give 10% discount.

I noticed that Aluminium case sold in Rimowa shop here no longer MADE IN GERMANY.

My last Rimowa luggage bags made of hard ABS polymer, were made in Germany, bought last decade.

Then came the ‘softer’ polycarbonates, made in Czech Replublic. I do insist on proof of country of manufacture, when I buy anything.

The aluminium Rimowas then, were still made in Germany, but at a much higher price point.

Since then, I have stopped buying the polymer Rimowa bags. No point (to me at least), not German

↡ Advertisement