News website or news app

Lala81

Hypersonic

I like to read some news websites or news apps when I'm eating lunch or dinner at work.

Bloomberg now switch to subscription format so that's a big loss.

Today online and CNA still suffice for local news.

My fb has scmp feed which is not bad as well for China centric articles.

Other than BBC, any other free news websites or apps that you guys read?

General Financial news recommendations are also welcome.

Im not a fan of twitter unfortunately. So I would prefer other apps or websites

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

I customise Google news tab so it shows the topics that I'm interested it as well as any local/international trends.

Can cover a lot of subjects from common to more obscure things like antimatter. Over time it learns my habits and recommends what else could be of interest to me.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

Twitter is still good for timely feeds just subscribe to various news outlets in all different countries. But you might be looking for analysis or highlights.

Other than those already mentioned which are more amtk centric, South China Morning Post is free, moderately center right and still quite independent despite Jack Ma bought it from Robert Kuok.

Yeah I'm more interested in analysis or deeper articles. To read other opinions or learn something new.

Quick news fix I'm less interested.

Supersonic

Twitter is still good for timely feeds just subscribe to various news outlets in all different countries. But you might be looking for analysis or highlights.

Other than those already mentioned which are more amtk centric, South China Morning Post is free, moderately center right and still quite independent despite Jack Ma bought it from Robert Kuok.

i use twitter to follow the major news accounts and sports news. for local news, CNA, Today Online and MCF :XD:

Twincharged

I customise Google news tab so it shows the topics that I'm interested it as well as any local/international trends.

Can cover a lot of subjects from common to more obscure things like antimatter. Over time it learns my habits and recommends what else could be of interest to me.

forgot to mention that you can block sources like bloomberg in this customised feed since you already know its sub based.

I am probably the odd one. TNP, e-paper.

Prefer someone to readout the news to me, Ch8 news.

↡ Advertisement