COE Bidding – 2nd Round of May 2018

Carbon82

Hypersonic
(edited)

This CB LCR really farked our COE system up. KNN...

Lion Shitty Rental.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Maserati has a roadshow in Millenia Walk this week.

Hyundai having roadshow at Waterway Point, cars already in this morning

Anyone here ask the AD or PI IF you have your own COE, how much they sell to u ?

Its often more expensive than if you bought it from them, which is quite ridiculous.

So those that in the habit of Tikam, do tikam with caution, unless the tikam is really low ball type of 10,000 , dont bother to bid at 30K.

I once ask a workshop if i service my car there but using my own engine oil, what will be the charge like. The boss told me $60 for oil change service charge. Is this fair or rediculous?

Btw, normal 10k service, the workshop charge at $160 inclusive their premium castrol oil

I think the coe will drop due to the massive sales from lcr fleet. Some potential buyer may change their hunting course to the used car section. Afterall some rides are relatively new and low in depre

I once ask a workshop if i service my car there but using my own engine oil, what will be the charge like. The boss told me $60 for oil change service charge. Is this fair or rediculous?

Btw, normal 10k service, the workshop charge at $160 inclusive their premium castrol oil

How come you need to pay for your first 10k svc? Most of the ad/pi will include it in (please correct me if im wrong). Did you opt out for the free svc instead?
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Hi All,

Its a game of supply and demand. Supply from almost new or <3yrs old car from private hire company will still continue to keep New COE price in check, plus our economy only doing so-so (not as good as many said). Lastly people are getting used to private taxi to solve their transportation issue for getting to places, so it will be why buy when it is easlier now to get transport to your doorstep. last urgent to buy unless work needs.  My guess for upcoming COE prediction...

Cat A: $35K +/-1k.

Cat B: $38K +/-1k.

We Sillyporean have a habit of buying when price on the up...wonder if anyone notice this. let not follow blindly, see ppl buy everyone follow... 

Good luck and all the best to all bidding for upcoming COE

Best Regards

TAKA.

Edited by Takahiro
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Hi All,

Its a game of supply and demand. Supply from almost new or <3yrs old car from private hire company will still continue to keep New COE price in check, plus our economy only doing so-so (not as good as many said). Lastly people are getting used to private taxi to solve their transportation issue for getting to places, so it will be why buy when it is easlier now to get transport to your doorstep. last urgent to buy unless work needs. My guess for upcoming COE prediction...

Cat A: $35K +/-1k.

Cat B: $38K +/-1k.

We Sillyporean have a habit of buying when price on the up...wonder if anyone notice this. let not follow blindly, see ppl buy everyone follow...

Good luck and all the best to all bidding for upcoming COE

Best Regards

TAKA.

Take account of the upcoming CEVS changes as well.

Committed to a new Honda Fit 1.3 (PI). Praying hard that I will get the COE this Wednesday! 

Hopefully it's like what all of you have said.. demand is not that high

• Praise 1

There could be a rush for some to buy before the July deadline for VES implementation which could add $10k or so to the price of most new cars, hence this could support the COE.     Demand could still be there.  Supply wise, the deregistrations would continue to add COEs into the market.    It's hard to tell whether there'll be COE price drop in these few months, but after July if economy does not improve and job situation uncertain, COE price is quite likely take a dive.       Aiming 30k first, then maybe lower if job situation is bad.  

• Praise 2

There could be a rush for some to buy before the July deadline for VES implementation which could add $10k or so to the price of most new cars, hence this could support the COE.     Demand could still be there.  Supply wise, the deregistrations would continue to add COEs into the market.    It's hard to tell whether there'll be COE price drop in these few months, but after July if economy does not improve and job situation uncertain, COE price is quite likely take a dive.       Aiming 30k first, then maybe lower if job situation is bad.  

That's what the dealer told me too.. ask me faster buy.. June 1st bidding onwards there be be a sudden surge of buyers due to the VES implementation in July.

Turbocharged

judging from the speed of this threads (and number of replies), i can safely conclude that the demand continues to be weak

therefore Cat A and B to fall below 35k :D

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

That's what the dealer told me too.. ask me faster buy.. June 1st bidding onwards there be be a sudden surge of buyers due to the VES implementation in July.

VES already implemented in Jan, no effect to the COE. In fact it's trending downwards. This July will be more stringent to the VES only, I don't see any major effect to it. The major one that will affect COE pricing more will be the private hire sector which is likely to be rather low demand.

• Praise 1

5th Gear

Hahahahahahahahaha.....

You ask those dealers always on TV. They everyday also said now is good time to buy car.

COE $100k - 是时候进场。Coe会起。

COE $10k - 是时候进场。Coe会起。

• Praise 8

There could be a rush for some to buy before the July deadline for VES implementation which could add $10k or so to the price of most new cars, hence this could support the COE. Demand could still be there. Supply wise, the deregistrations would continue to add COEs into the market. It's hard to tell whether there'll be COE price drop in these few months, but after July if economy does not improve and job situation uncertain, COE price is quite likely take a dive. Aiming 30k first, then maybe lower if job situation is bad.

Probably u are right. This round if dealer doesnt secure the coe for their customer, what will happen after this mth? They going to tell their customer to top up the remain due to VES? Will their customer bite? Adding to the last bidding whom doesnt secure their coe, there might be a raise instead of drop of coe price for this round

Turbocharged

Drop drop drop!!!

These PHV rental companies jacked up the COE prices in recent years, keep buying new fleet to rent out. Hope they bleed and die out when nobody rents from them come July when every driver need to have the PDVL license.

• Praise 2

Scrap value is only $2,500 due to CEVS.

If not for CEVS, scrap value should be $7,700 (50% of OMV).

But price still good as compared to brand new even from PI right?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1