Car air-con

Discoburg

16 hours ago, Cumzilla said:

oh ok, because u were saying you set the knob to number 2 or 3, so I thought yours is something like the top panel in the pic. Mine is the deluxe version, the bottom panel. Still dunno what is the issue though, I suspect is the sensor also, but if sensor, all should be blowing fan correct? Last few days not so hot, again driver side colder when I set the first knob in between 18 and 25, center and passenger ones not so cold, will drive to ws next month to check...

I think when my sensor had problems, the driver side blowing a bit cooler air than the passenger side. Sometimes dunno if it is my mind playing tricks. 

I find AC issues very troublesome to deal with cos a lot of trial and error. My car low mileage, takes a few weeks to determine if the problem is really solved. If I use at night I might not see the problem. I go JB causeway, mid afternoon sun, hot like hell then I know the AC not working properly. I read sometimes, if AC blowing hot air, it might be related to engine overheating, not sure how it works but if you have time then go WS resolve before more things breakdown. 

↡ Advertisement

1 hour ago, Lovemyride said:

I think when my sensor had problems, the driver side blowing a bit cooler air than the passenger side. Sometimes dunno if it is my mind playing tricks. 

I find AC issues very troublesome to deal with cos a lot of trial and error. My car low mileage, takes a few weeks to determine if the problem is really solved. If I use at night I might not see the problem. I go JB causeway, mid afternoon sun, hot like hell then I know the AC not working properly. I read sometimes, if AC blowing hot air, it might be related to engine overheating, not sure how it works but if you have time then go WS resolve before more things breakdown. 

The mz2 is a nice city car, only issues I think is the istop, which could make the alternator spoil faster… and aircon it seems from forum responses… 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
2 hours ago, Lovemyride said:

Lots of trial and error cause you went to an incompetent mechanic. Go to the experienced ones and you don’t get bulls**t. Car Aircon systems have been used for years. 

• Praise 2

Any done their aircon repair at Brocade Auto at WCEGA Bukit Batok? I looking for a central location, my usual workshop at Bukit Merah sent me to the nearby aircon workshop and was quoted to change cooling coil, valve with 3 mth warranty at $800. It's Harrier 2016. Another aircon workshop nearby quoted $900. I no intent to go Tomika, also not nice if my workshop boss see my car there lol. Brocade is $600 using Denso and 1yr warranty.

21 hours ago, Ek3stage said:

Any done their aircon repair at Brocade Auto at WCEGA Bukit Batok? I looking for a central location, my usual workshop at Bukit Merah sent me to the nearby aircon workshop and was quoted to change cooling coil, valve with 3 mth warranty at $800. It's Harrier 2016. Another aircon workshop nearby quoted $900. I no intent to go Tomika, also not nice if my workshop boss see my car there lol. Brocade is $600 using Denso and 1yr warranty.

You can check out Markcool in Woodlands if you don't mind the distance. 

• Praise 1

(edited)

@Optramagnum Thanks, but I looking for somewhere between Bt Merah and Bt Batok so I can be on my way to work. I used to go Woodlands for servicing too when I was working in that area. I saw reviews on Brocade at sgcarmart, google and carousell and thought of trying it. Not the absolute cheapest but the reviews seem legit.

Edited by Ek3stage

I went ahead to do the repair at Brocade, send in 10am ready next day same time. There's a lot of work involved to remove the dashboard and surrounding areas, I also went back after lunch to help them dismantle the cables for the TV tuner, subwoofer, ambient LEDs that I installed myself. If I had to do this myself it will take days, and they do different cars at same time and can fix back everything nicely. Since I also dismantle the dash and wirings such as adding USB sockets and TPMS, I can tell how well the fixing is. And they are also honest to tell me they couldn't get the headunit steering control to work properly, I taught them how to fix the problem lol.

So far no issue, and my rear aircon duct is powerful again like day one. Coil has 1 year warranty. 

• Praise 1

Just now, Ek3stage said:

I went ahead to do the repair at Brocade, send in 10am ready next day same time. There's a lot of work involved to remove the dashboard and surrounding areas, I also went back after lunch to help them dismantle the cables for the TV tuner, subwoofer, ambient LEDs that I installed myself. If I had to do this myself it will take days, and they do different cars at same time and can fix back everything nicely. Since I also dismantle the dash and wirings such as adding USB sockets and TPMS, I can tell how well the fixing is. And they are also honest to tell me they couldn't get the headunit steering control to work properly, I taught them how to fix the problem lol.

So far no issue, and my rear aircon duct is powerful again like day one. Coil has 1 year warranty. 

One thing important also, the workshop is neat and clean, especially important when do interior teardown. I see the staff will regularly sweep the floor and clean the tools, something you don't often see.

Welcome to AC Care Pune - your trusted partner for air conditioning services. As a local business rooted in the Pune region, we specialize in all things related to air conditioning. Our main goal is to ensure your homes and workplaces remain cool and cozy, even amidst extreme heat. We take great pride in providing high-quality AC services at competitive prices, ensuring the optimal performance of your air conditioning units.

On 8/3/2022 at 1:10 PM, Ek3stage said:

Old thread but interesting, the name sounds like a network equipment provider