Guide - Getting a preowned / 2nd hand car

song77

Thank you for your contribution!

I can only add that there is an application which I find very useful when it comes to buying used vehicles. It's called VIR or vehicle inspection report. I ask about it every dealership I go but unfortunately nobody wants to disclose all hidden issues of their vehicles. 

Also, you may consider buying a paint meter to measure coating thickness. 

Here is how this vir looks like

vir-grading.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

overheard that the clowns fathers mothers sons daughters kena soon

very soon

u know who u r ;)

time for us to celebrate soon

Just curious. Would you guys prefer to buy a brand new Toyota Corolla Altis/ Honda Civic, OR a 2 year old (2017) Audi A3?

Assuming of course that the purchase price are the same.

For a peace of Mind,i will get the Brand new Toyota Altis or the Honda Civic....Audi A3 is actually the same Car as VW Jetta...alot of Problems.

For a peace of Mind,i will get the Brand new Toyota Altis or the Honda Civic....Audi A3 is actually the same Car as VW Jetta...alot of Problems.

Actually the A3 i was looking at is 1.0L engine, not really same as the Jetta. Read through some forums online that the 1.0L engine has much less problems as compared to the 1.4L in Jetta/ older A3 thats why i was still considering A3.

Correct me if im wrong tho, got my info from 3rd party forumers so not very sure

That is the 3 cylinder engine.

U will probably feel some vibration if u accelerate hard.

Can't comment for reliability of Audi, heard a lot of bad things, but never driven one to experience it.

Why not a 2yrs old jap car if you are worried about reliability.

Actually the A3 i was looking at is 1.0L engine, not really same as the Jetta. Read through some forums online that the 1.0L engine has much less problems as compared to the 1.4L in Jetta/ older A3 thats why i was still considering A3.

Correct me if im wrong tho, got my info from 3rd party forumers so not very sure

Just ask yourself,Why would People sell their 2 Years Old Car.?Must be not happy with it...Since it is the Same Price as a new Toyota or Honda,i think better get New Car...Smell also better..

That is the 3 cylinder engine.

U will probably feel some vibration if u accelerate hard.

Can't comment for reliability of Audi, heard a lot of bad things, but never driven one to experience it.

Why not a 2yrs old jap car if you are worried about reliability.

Haha actually im looking at cars based on my budget. And it can either be a new japanese (Altis/ Civic range) or 2 year old Audi A3.

Of course im looking at A3 because of the badge. I mean, drive Audi more shiok than a japanese car. If only Audi did not have so many horror stories then the choice would have been much more easier to make. I've test driven them both (test drove new A3 only tho), and the A3's handling, interior styling and technology feels much more superior even tho its just an entry level conti.

Cant decide between reliability and badge  [:p]

Just ask yourself,Why would People sell their 2 Years Old Car.?Must be not happy with it...Since it is the Same Price as a new Toyota or Honda,i think better get New Car...Smell also better..

There are people who sold their cars after driving for even months or a year. And these are good cars. But they want more, not to their liking or whatsoever, or like you say, "not happy with it" but that doesn't mean the car is lousy or problematic.

Any comments to share on buying used car and trading in current car? Sometimes i look at this but not sure if trading in current car while buying used car is similar to buying new car? Anything different to watch out for?

Haha actually im looking at cars based on my budget. And it can either be a new japanese (Altis/ Civic range) or 2 year old Audi A3.

Of course im looking at A3 because of the badge. I mean, drive Audi more shiok than a japanese car. If only Audi did not have so many horror stories then the choice would have been much more easier to make. I've test driven them both (test drove new A3 only tho), and the A3's handling, interior styling and technology feels much more superior even tho its just an entry level conti.

Cant decide between reliability and badge  [:p]

If you like the A3,just get a new Car,2 Years Old Audi,you will not know how the Ex-Owner "Trashed" the Car.... [furious]  [bigcry]

If you want to test drive A3, why not do to Audi on demand Singapore ? You can rent the latest A3 for as little as 4 hours.

https://www.sg.audiondemand.com/audi-mobility/audi-on-demand/sg_en.html

Anyhow the current A3 is toward the end of model lifespan, the new A3 should be unveiled soon together with the VW Golf Mk 8 .

If you want to test drive A3, why not do to Audi on demand Singapore ? You can rent the latest A3 for as little as 4 hours.

https://www.sg.audiondemand.com/audi-mobility/audi-on-demand/sg_en.html

Anyhow the current A3 is toward the end of model lifespan, the new A3 should be unveiled soon together with the VW Golf Mk 8 .

I've actually test drove a new one during one of their roadshows already. Love it.

Around which month is the unveil? Unlikely i will go for new A3 tho. First two years value drop from 136k to 85k. My heart cannot. Haha. After 2nd year the depreciation still okay... (But if the unveil is this year, I may wait 2 years for to buy a 2nd hand car then lol  [:p] )

If you like the A3,just get a new Car,2 Years Old Audi,you will not know how the Ex-Owner "Trashed" the Car.... [furious]  [bigcry]

True that. But in terms of value... The first 2 years depreciation quite high. 136k drop until 85k. Can say I cheapo luh but I'd rather not stomach that steep depreciation.  [:p]

Edited by bearbearbear

Usually entry conti car get traded in to upgrade ma. V normal.

Usually entry conti car get traded in to upgrade ma. V normal.

Usually is the Car give Problems [thumbsdown] ...People changed to other Makes.. [bigcry]  [furious]

simply for the feel of driving a conti, i would take the audi.

its like choosing to eat carl's junior and Mac.

The drive or the taste is simply different. And that matters to me alot.

Just curious. Would you guys prefer to buy a brand new Toyota Corolla Altis/ Honda Civic, OR a 2 year old (2017) Audi A3?

Assuming of course that the purchase price are the same.

1. brand new Altis

2. brand new Civic

3. 2yo A3.

I will take brand new Civic.

↡ Advertisement