New Electricity Service providers

Sdf4786k

1 hour ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

wow... price doubled. siao liao la

Hope come year end Russia and Ukraine cease fire. 😁

• Haha! 1

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/sp-groups-electricity-tariffs-go-81-third-quarter-2782531

SP Group's electricity tariffs to go up by 8.1% in third quarter
SP Group's electricity tariffs to go up by 8.1% in third quarter

File photo of HDB Flats in Singapore (Photo: TODAY/Ili Nadhirah Mansor)
Yasmin Begum
30 Jun 2022 12:52PM (Updated: 30 Jun 2022 01:49PM)
Bookmark

SINGAPORE: Electricity tariffs will increase by an average of 8.1 per cent for the July to September period compared with the previous quarter, SP Group said on Thursday (Jun 30).

"The increase is mainly due to higher energy cost driven by rising global gas and oil prices exacerbated by the conflict in Ukraine," it added in a media release .
Advertisement

Excluding Goods and Services Tax (GST), the electricity tariff for households will increase from 27.94 cents to 30.17 cents per kWh for the quarter ending Sep 30.

20220630-Electricity-tariff.thumb.png.b4d82242e0edf07c32befeb37d1d691a.png

The average monthly electricity bill for families living in four-room HDB flats will increase by S$8.25 before GST.

Those living in HDB executive flats will see their bills increase by an average of S$11.76.

capture_0.thumb.png.227f279b5fc844ed7a99835b2cf2f5aa.png
Average monthly electricity bills of domestic customers with the increase in electricity tariffs from Jul 1. (Image: SP Group)

This is the sixth consecutive quarter of increase. SP Group reviews the electricity tariffs every quarter based on guidelines set by the Energy Market Authority (EMA).

The electricity tariff consists of four components – energy costs paid to the generation companies, network costs and market support services fees paid to SP Group, as well as market administration and power system operation fees paid to the energy market company and power system operator.

The energy costs component is adjusted quarterly to reflect the changes in the cost of fuel and power generation.
Advertisement

The fuel cost is the cost of imported natural gas, which is tied to oil prices by commercial contracts.

The cost of power generation covers mainly the costs of operating the power stations, such as the manpower and maintenance costs, as well as the capital cost of the stations.
Related:
SP Group's electricity tariff for households to rise by almost 10% for April to June period

The gas tariff for households will also increase by by 1.43 cents to 23.09 cents per kWh from Jul 1 to Sep 30, City Energy announced on Thursday. This is excluding 7 per cent GST.

The increase is due to higher fuel costs compared with the previous quarter, said City Energy.

City Energy also reviews the gas tariffs based on guidelines set by EMA, which regulates the gas industry.
Advertisement
Source: CNA/yb(gr)

• Shocked 3
  • Sad 1

On 6/28/2022 at 3:07 PM, ToyotaShuttle said:

wow... price doubled. siao liao la

I've just renewed my Power fix 18 months contract with Tuas Power. Yes, almost double electricity rate

Screenshot_20220630-152516_WPS Office.jpg

• Sad 1

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Scorpiong said:

I've just renewed my Power fix 18 months contract with Tuas Power. Yes, almost double electricity rate

Screenshot_20220630-152516_WPS Office.jpg

I locked in 3 years with them in Oct 22.50 after GST. 

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

Time to do something about the 6th consecutive regulated electricity price increase?

Switch to Geneco, Singapore’s No.1 Residential Electricity Retailer, with our most popular plan - Get It Fixed 24 at 28.80¢/kWh, that’s the LOWEST RATE IN TOWN with Price Match Guaranteed and grab these exclusive offers:

- $50 bill rebate + $20 FairPrice voucher with promo code: TOGETHERAS1
- Use your friend’s referral code for an additional $20 bill rebate
- Stack up to $275 bill rebates with credit card offers

Find out more at https://bit.ly/3y7Sw47

T&Cs apply

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

I signed a contract for 17c and now its like 30c

I hope the company don't toh

or tear up my contract and charge me more.

:D

I think they are losing a lot of money on customers

that sign long term deal at low prices last year.

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

I signed a contract for 17c and now its like 30c

I hope the company don't toh

or tear up my contract and charge me more.

I think they are losing a lot of money on customers

that sign long term deal at low prices last year.

Mine got another 10 months or so to go at 16 plus cents. Geneco probably won't toh. They have own power plant. 😅

Need a super huge battery to store 1 year worth of electricity and charge it up now before contract ends.... 

• Haha! 1

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Mine got another 10 months or so to go at 16 plus cents. Geneco probably won't toh. They have own power plant. 😅

Need a super huge battery to store 1 year worth of electricity and charge it up now before contract ends.... 

1 piece of Tesla power wall with 13.5kwh storage is about $20k.

Edited by inlinesix

Hypersonic
23 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

I keep hearing got recession coming

In 10 months time maybe 16 cents again.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1