New Electricity Service providers

Sdf4786k

That means u r increasing moisture in your room

Nope, it's a closed system.   Water circulates in the mat and goes back to the cooling unit which will bring temperature down to your desired level.    You sleep on a cool mat.   See:  http://www.ucoolz.com/about.html

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

seriously, do we really need so many suppliers (12) in this tiny red dot island? [confused] 

how can it be cheaper since these companies need overhead to run the show. is ah gong "indirectly" saying SP has been over charging us. :pissed-off:

• Praise 3

seriously, do we really need so many suppliers (12) in this tiny red dot island? [confused]

how can it be cheaper since these companies need overhead to run the show. is ah gong "indirectly" saying SP has been over charging us. :pissed-off:

Don't think all will survive as margin will drop.

The answer to your second question is a definite yes, we pay one of the highest electricity tariff in Asia. Think i read in the Economist a while back.

• Praise 3

I think so too. 12 players is too many for small singapore. Furthermore, the upstream supply is still SP. Seriously, I don't see how these 12 players are going to manage bottonline.

Ah gong really sibei smart. Instead of managing thousands of households, now only need to mange 12 accounts. I won't be surprised if a few of those 12 players go out of business after 2 years.

Anyhow, why shd I care. Where cheap where I go.

• Praise 2

I think so too. 12 players is too many for small singapore. Furthermore, the upstream supply is still SP. Seriously, I don't see how these 12 players are going to manage bottonline.

Ah gong really sibei smart. Instead of managing thousands of households, now only need to mange 12 accounts. I won't be surprised if a few of those 12 players go out of business after 2 years.

Anyhow, why shd I care. Where cheap where I go.

There is more than 1 million household/ residential units in Singapore, so it can certainly support a few players but not all will make money, especially those that are not also in the power generation business.

Is SingNet a part of SingTel? Maybe they will have a bundled plan, TV, mobile, broadband and now electricity all in one bill.

Why can we have 12 power suppliers but only:

- 2 MRT operators

- 4 Bus operators

- 1 water supplier

- 1 dominant political party in parliament

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 4

- 2 MRT operators

- 4 Bus operators

- 1 water supplier

It does not make sense to have 2 parallel grid network but liberalization can still take place at the electricity generation front (7 or 8 players, I think) and downstream retail side (12 in this case).

After "losing" billions to don't know who by privatizing monopolistic infrastructure network (MRT), the model now is for G or Temasek to own the backbone of such networks (ie bus, rail, fiber optics, etc) while allowing competition upstream and downstream. Our scholars have learnt and are actually quite smart these days. Think MRT, bus, fiber, electricity, new hawker centre....

Aiyo, you born yesterday?

• Praise 4

- 2 MRT operators

- 4 Bus operators

- 1 water supplier

The answer could be when you read your list in reverse. 

• Praise 2

This scheme was first launched more than 20 years ago in singapore. Many big businesses 'saved' $ millions per year swtuching retailers and of clurse these retailers also 'made' $ millions.

So, if there is infrastructural and nothing changed other than paper work, these called 'savings' come from where? In my small brain, it is SP over charging consum.ers all these years. Maybe a way of creation of wealth for some?

• Praise 1

This scheme was first launched more than 20 years ago in singapore. Many big businesses 'saved' $ millions per year swtuching retailers and of clurse these retailers also 'made' $ millions.

So, if there is infrastructural and nothing changed other than paper work, these called 'savings' come from where? In my small brain, it is SP over charging consum.ers all these years. Maybe a way of creation of wealth for some?

Install solar panel and Tesla powerwall.

Generate own electricity

You check what ah gong has been charging us. The other suppliers are offering roughly 30% discount or even more.

Means you pay 300 SGD per month, ah gong overcharged 100$.

You check what ah gong has been charging us. The other suppliers are offering roughly 30% discount or even more.

Means you pay 300 SGD per month, ah gong overcharged 100$.

Last time Singtel thatbtime also the same

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/electricity-price-plans-choose-open-market-sp-group-10743764?cid=fbcna

Finally, we can switch electricity supplier like we change mobile phone company every 2 years. Heard jurong residents are already enjoying much lower electricity tariff than most of us.

I stay in Jurong & one of the early ones to switch from SP.

My advice is:

1) do your own research which retailer's plan suits you (read the fine T&C)

2) go for better known retailers (the lesser known ones dropped out liao which is shocking to me that the total customer base is only 500 for them.)

3) Don't be swayed by the freebies dished out in roadshows (need to calculate the overall cost in long term, especially if you sign up for 2-year plan)

4) By switching, yes you will get some savings if based on similar consumption BUT pls don't expect lots of savings. (mine was on average $10/mth only, which is better than nothing)

• Praise 8

I stay in Jurong & one of the early ones to switch from SP.

My advice is:

1) do your own research which retailer's plan suits you (read the fine T&C)

2) go for better known retailers (the lesser known ones dropped out liao which is shocking to me that the total customer base is only 500 for them.)

3) Don't be swayed by the freebies dished out in roadshows (need to calculate the overall cost in long term, especially if you sign up for 2-year plan)

4) By switching, yes you will get some savings if based on similar consumption BUT pls don't expect lots of savings. (mine was on average $10/mth only, which is better than nothing)

Thanks for sharing.
↡ Advertisement