New Electricity Service providers

Sdf4786k

Floating isn't 25.8 also. That's what SP charges. If you go with a 3rd party, there will be a roughly 22% discount so it's actually 20.14 vs 16.8

Understand. 25.8 is the SP tariff, subject to fixing every 3 months. That is why the fixed tariff is attractive.
↡ Advertisement

Just applied today to switch to Sunseap - about 18 plus cent (inc GST) per KW hr fixed rate on 6 month contract.  This is the cheapest.  Down from 24 plus cents. Enough saving for half a tank of RON 95 each month.

• Praise 1

I only considered between sembcorp power and geneco 24 months fixed price at $17.98 kwh. Chose the SG owned one over YTL owned. The switch over should be done in 3-5 working days.

Application fully online and done within minutes. Get ready your SP account number, scanned NRIC and credit card.

Based on Ave usage of 600kwh per month, I should save over $400 a year if the tariff remain unchanged.

• Praise 3

I only considered between sembcorp power and geneco 24 months fixed price at $17.98 kwh. Chose the SG owned one over YTL owned. The switch over should be done in 3-5 working days.

Application fully online and done within minutes. Get ready your SP account number, scanned NRIC and credit card.

Based on Ave usage of 600kwh per month, I should save over $400 a year if the tariff remain unchanged.

Any particular reason why you only considered those 2 when there are others charging lower at 16.8?

Any particular reason why you only considered those 2 when there are others charging lower at 16.8?

16.80 is before GST. So it is the same. Locked it in for 2 years...no crystal ball to see how the rates will pan out to save the trouble of looking around every 6 months. Yes lazy.
  • Praise 3

I stay in Jurong & one of the early ones to switch from SP.

My advice is:

1) do your own research which retailer's plan suits you (read the fine T&C)

2) go for better known retailers (the lesser known ones dropped out liao which is shocking to me that the total customer base is only 500 for them.)

3) Don't be swayed by the freebies dished out in roadshows (need to calculate the overall cost in long term, especially if you sign up for 2-year plan)

4) By switching, yes you will get some savings if based on similar consumption BUT pls don't expect lots of savings. (mine was on average $10/mth only, which is better than nothing)

Hey, using the SP Power tariff rates as the baseline, how much savings in % are you enjoying every month now?

The thing is i have been calculating primarily by looking at the discounted tariff rate but i have no idea about how the slew of third party charges will feature in the grand total.

Whatz is the purpose of opening up?

SP dun wanna administer?

This my guess.

SP Power can focus on bulk selling power B2B compared to current B2C. I will imagine the amount of hassle involved when dealing with shitty things like arrear management, manual meter readings. Also, not to mention, the HC reduction that can take place.

• Praise 1

Whatz is the purpose of opening up?

SP dun wanna administer?

Make you feel like you are saving money.

But when prices go up, govt will say it is a private enterprises and not their fault anymore.

Hey, using the SP Power tariff rates as the baseline, how much savings in % are you enjoying every month now?

The thing is i have been calculating primarily by looking at the discounted tariff rate but i have no idea about how the slew of third party charges will feature in the grand total.

This my guess.

SP Power can focus on bulk selling power B2B compared to current B2C. I will imagine the amount of hassle involved when dealing with shitty things like arrear management, manual meter readings. Also, not to mention, the HC reduction that can take place.

SP can't handle all that?

Even though their rates are 20% higher meaning they have been overcharging at least 20% for so many years because of their monopoly status?

But when prices go up, govt will say it is a private enterprises and not their fault anymore.

Even though their rates are 20% higher meaning they have been overcharging at least 20% for so many years because of their monopoly status?

I think they can but they probably they dont want to anymore. Look at what NEA is trying to do with the Hawker Centres.

The only odd one with a different business model is probably LTA with the the new franchise where they took back financial ownership of the infrastructure, the rolling stocks and buses.

This my guess.

B2B started years ago. Now extended to households. There is no conspiracy in this one. Temasek already got out of this business. Lol.

If you want to know more. Read this.

The 20% profit does not go to SP, they continue to charge the same grid and admin charges.

https://www.openelectricitymarket.sg/about/market-overview.html

B2B started years ago. Now extended to households. There is no conspiracy in this one. Temasek already got out of this business. Lol.

If you want to know more. Read this.

The 20% profit does not go to SP, they continue to charge the same grid and admin charges.

https://www.openelectricitymarket.sg/about/market-overview.html

Since when i spoke about a conspiracy? misread much?

16.80 is before GST. So it is the same. Locked it in for 2 years...no crystal ball to see how the rates will pan out to save the trouble of looking around every 6 months. Yes lazy.

There's 12, 6 months or even no contract ones as well.

But of course you don't get the full discount. Actually you can change address even if you sign up for 24 months contract as well and there's such an option on my ohm account.

As for how it works and if there is additional costs, you need to read the tnc.

Hmmm just looked at ohm vs geneco cos that's the two the Edmw people keep talking about.

Geneco is 16.8 pre gst, ohm is 16.95 for 24 months.

But if changing address, ohm allows u to create a new contract with the old terms.

Geneco, u need to cancel the contract, resign a new one (within 6 Mo) with new terms to not incur the early termination fee.

Hmmm just looked at ohm vs geneco cos that's the two the Edmw people keep talking about.

Geneco is 16.8 pre gst, ohm is 16.95 for 24 months.

But if changing address, ohm allows u to create a new contract with the old terms.

Geneco, u need to cancel the contract, resign a new one (within 6 Mo) with new terms to not incur the early termination fee.

why not try the geneco for 6 months first?  20% off.

...SP prevailing rates

the girl a tthe counter gave me her personal hp in case there are issues.  Im quite impressed at their willingness to reach out like that

For UOB one card holders, apparently there is a rebate, etc with Geneco.  Do check it out

I signed today and got $20 Dairy farm voucher and 4000 link points, equiv to $26

why not try the geneco for 6 months first? 20% off.

...SP prevailing rates

the girl a tthe counter gave me her personal hp in case there are issues. Im quite impressed at their willingness to reach out like that

For UOB one card holders, apparently there is a rebate, etc with Geneco. Do check it out

I signed today and got $20 Dairy farm voucher and 4000 link points, equiv to $26

I have to look closer at the terms. But both are competitive. Geneco looks good. The link points only if u go down the road show right.

If U get a referral code from the jurong residents geneco users in edmw, u can get 20 dollars off or something liddat.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement