New Electricity Service providers

Sdf4786k

I have to look closer at the terms. But both are competitive. Geneco looks good. The link points only if u go down the road show right.

If U get a referral code from the jurong residents geneco users in edmw, u can get 20 dollars off or something liddat.

One thing that turned me off Ohm was the fact that even though you receive an unified biller from SP, the billing cycle is not aligned with the water and gas bill.
  • Praise 1

Thanks!

Looks like have to wait till March 2019.

Ok, @Radx can be guinea pig for half a year....will gather feed back when near time. :D

Now available to everyone?
East people can sign too?

B2B started years ago. Now extended to households. There is no conspiracy in this one. Temasek already got out of this business. Lol.

If you want to know more. Read this.

The 20% profit does not go to SP, they continue to charge the same grid and admin charges.

https://www.openelectricitymarket.sg/about/market-overview.html

It says right there that sp sells to non- contestable consumers. Those consumers pay 20% more than what contestable consumers pay.

why not try the geneco for 6 months first? 20% off.

...SP prevailing rates

the girl a tthe counter gave me her personal hp in case there are issues. Im quite impressed at their willingness to reach out like that

For UOB one card holders, apparently there is a rebate, etc with Geneco. Do check it out

I signed today and got $20 Dairy farm voucher and 4000 link points, equiv to $26

She gave you her number in case there are 'issues'.

Non-contestable consumers are happy to pay 20% more for electricity.

Let them be. [laugh]

Why would they be happy? They just live in different postal codes.

All of us were non contestable forever until now. I wasn't happy.

Thanks!

Ok, @Radx can be guinea pig for half a year....will gather feed back when near time. :D

There's no risk of your electricity being cut off la. You rich fellow so gotta wait till March 3019.

same. I just signed up w Geneco

Sentosa can sign up so early????

One thing that turned me off Ohm was the fact that even though you receive an unified biller from SP, the billing cycle is not aligned with the water and gas bill.

I missed that....

But honestly doesn't bother me unless they make me pay in advance.

Edited by Kusje

Hey, using the SP Power tariff rates as the baseline, how much savings in % are you enjoying every month now?

The thing is i have been calculating primarily by looking at the discounted tariff rate but i have no idea about how the slew of third party charges will feature in the grand total.

This my guess.

SP Power can focus on bulk selling power B2B compared to current B2C. I will imagine the amount of hassle involved when dealing with shitty things like arrear management, manual meter readings. Also, not to mention, the HC reduction that can take place.

Used to be that you had to check the fine print for whether the TLC (transmission losses charges, ~2%) were included in the advertised tariffs. That has changed now as EMA has mandated that all retailers must provide an all-inclusive  in their fact sheet for each price plan. Check out the standardised price plans here https://compare.openelectricitymarket.sg/#/home

One thing you still need to watch out for is the Carbon Tax, which takes effect from 1st Jan 2019 onwards. I know Keppel doesn't include the Carbon Tax in their rate, whereas Geneco and Ohm does. Need to check the fine print for this.

• Praise 5

Now available to everyone?

East people can sign too?

Not yet. I’m stages

Thanks!

Haaaaaa

Thanks!

Yes. We need to find out which one you get to talk to a human and which one send you to a machine when your billing is erroneous.

Used to be that you had to check the fine print for whether the TLC (transmission losses charges, ~2%) were included in the advertised tariffs. That has changed now as EMA has mandated that all retailers must provide an all-inclusive in their fact sheet for each price plan. Check out the standardised price plans here https://compare.openelectricitymarket.sg/#/home

One thing you still need to watch out for is the Carbon Tax, which takes effect from 1st Jan 2019 onwards. I know Keppel doesn't include the Carbon Tax in their rate, whereas Geneco and Ohm does. Need to check the fine print for this.

Thanks. I know from Geneco’s website that it doesn’t pass on the TLF to the consumer. Interestingly, this point is nowhere to be found on the factsheet as downloaded from EMA’s price comparison website.

Neither can one find out more about Carbon Tax as well as other potential third party charges.

There is a roadshow near me tmr so i might make it a point to ask them f2f then.

No carbon tax le

I hv the brochure at hm

eh, your 4000 linkpoints is u are NTUC union member or just have the normal NTUC plus card?

eh, your 4000 linkpoints is u are NTUC union member or just have the normal NTUC plus card?

Wife says union card

Got diff?

Wife says union card

Got diff?

I THINK only union card members can get the linkpoints. I'm just a regular plus card holder for shopping at ntuc heh

↡ Advertisement