New Electricity Service providers

Sdf4786k

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Who’s the boss of Union? Think about it. 

Who is it? Googled and it showed Union Energy...tamasick related? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

58 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Power plant likely to hedge against any price fluc.

Unlikely to pass on the price to own retailers.

wah… how do local power plants hedge?

doubt they employ a team to do hedging like sia.  even with a so called professional team, the results were disastrous 

😬

Edited by Enye
  • Haha! 4

4 minutes ago, Enye said:

wah… how do local power plants hedge?

doubt they employ a team to do hedging like sia.  even with a so called professional team, the results were disastrous 

😬

Even our transport providers hedge against fuel price.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Err Geneco and ohm were the only ones that explicitly stated can change location in 2018.

But well ohm is not around anymore is it...

That's the reason I was on Geneco. But well its just that it's a bad time to resign a contract now. 

https://savewithtuas.com/wp-content/uploads/TPS_Relocation-FAQs.pdf

I am moving to a new address. Will I need to pay the Early Termination Charge?

In the event that you are moving to a new address, please write in to Keppel Electric at [email protected] at least 15 business days before the move out. An early termination charge will first apply on the old address which you are terminating. There will also be an account closure fee of $10.70 (with GST), collected on behalf of SP Group.

Within 3 months from the termination of your old address, write in to Keppel Electric at [email protected] to sign up again with your new address. Your new address will take over the remaining months of the previous contract and at the previous rates. Upon successful transfer of the electricity account of the new address to Keppel Electric, we will credit the early termination charge that was paid previously to your new electricity account.

For consumers on FIXED36 plan, please note that the plan has been discontinued. Your new address will undertake a FIXED24 plan instead, with a new contractual term of 24 months at the prevailing electricity rate. All relocation applications are not eligible for any ongoing promotions, discounts and/or offers unless otherwise stated.

30 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

No idea. That’s what I saw in its FS.

Singapore airlines do hedges against the fuel oil. 

Land transport the hedges should be on the cash flow. 

• Praise 1

48 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Even our transport providers hedge against fuel price.

32 minutes ago, Enye said:

how?

you mean SIA ?  maybe SIA CEO now has the bragging right because they hedged their fuel contract

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Rm2s said:

Retailers with generation capacity work differently. When they priced their products, they will typically make sure it is already above their cost of generation. Those who bought fixed price plans at 16 cents or so doesn't mean the gentailers are losing money selling those plans, it just mean at that point in time, the wholesale market was low, they had no choice but to price competitively so that they could still get contracts.

Independent retailers (ones without plants as parent) used to rely on the futures and wholesale market to hedge their contracts. The futures market is as good as dead and wholesale market is volatile and subjected to many factors, fuel cost being one of the major one. Reliability of plants for the industry as a whole caused spike in prices people are seeing past months as well.

I recall many OEM customers were happily buying wholesale price plans from SP and expect the prices to stay low without considering the chances of them getting burnt because they are not able to switch in and out fast enough to react to price changes. Our electricity market place operates on 24x7 basis, a unit tripped and the traders are ready to pounce. 

It was above their cost of generation then, but may not be so now in view of the sharp rise in fuel cost.  Essentially they are selling a commodity so their entire company bottomline is beholden to movements in the commodity price.  Unless they have really hedged their fuel cost 100% as Inline6 mentioned.

You see how our SMRT operation screwed up with their saf turned ceo.

Won't be surprised  the nuclear plant will be run by some saf scholars. If he one day say his plant has deep seated cultural issue, then we die liao.

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, therock said:

Bad time to recontract ..

maybe you’re better off using SP until the rates drop then get a good fixed rate ?

yes very true indeed....

If they hedge they will buy high and when you ask them why never buy when price is low.

They will tell you how I know? I got crystal ball is it?

:D