New Electricity Service providers

Sdf4786k

Stupid jamesc if I buy at minus $37 for the next 5 years what if oil falls to minus $60?

He will say me one.

:D

I won't say them lah.

Buy anything at below zero I clap for them already.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Camrysfa said:

all quite similar! thanks for the link ....

You can source for those cc that offer a certain discount for recurring payment to power bill. Might not be of great help at least get a percentage or two off the rate. 

7 hours ago, JanM said:

you mean SIA ?  maybe SIA CEO now has the bragging right because they hedged their fuel contract

….. unless they unwind everything and stop hedging when prices were Low… with Sia ceo most probably what he did

• Haha! 1

Blame the cats for the current crisis:

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/community/cats-invade-senoko-power-station-after-neighbouring-facilities-close

SINGAPORE - About 30 stray cats have invaded the Senoko Power Station in Sembawang after neighbouring factories and warehouses shut amid Covid-19.

The influx of unsterilised cats at the protected site has raised concerns that it may lead to an increase in the feline population and fights with the sterilised cats currently calling the station home.

Ms Cindy Lim, senior vice president and head of legal and compliance at Senoko Energy, said there were 10 resident cats at the power station, which employees - including herself - regularly feed.

"That's likely why stray cats from the surrounding industrial area, such as the food processing factories, flocked to Senoko Power Station when those places closed - for food and shelter," she told The Sunday Times.

While the resident cats were sterilised by the Cat Welfare Society (CWS) about two years ago, the stray cats that flocked to the power station in late August are not neutered.

Ms Lim said: "I noticed a few pregnant cats among the new strays. This got me worried as, if left unchecked, cat numbers can easily double or triple in a few months."

Around 20 cats were spotted roaming around a busy part of the site where welding and machine cutting works were carried out.

• Haha! 3

42 minutes ago, Kopites said:

You can source for those cc that offer a certain discount for recurring payment to power bill. Might not be of great help at least get a percentage or two off the rate. 

yes, thanks

but kinda decided to hold back signing up another for the time being....see whether the storm will blow over.

1 minute ago, Camrysfa said:

yes, thanks

but kinda decided to hold back signing up another for the time being....see whether the storm will blow over.

When i renew contract with Geneco in July, it was 19.3 cents.

Likely to go up further 

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, therock said:

Bad time to recontract ..

maybe you’re better off using SP until the rates drop then get a good fixed rate ?

Just get a short term floating tariff  priced at a discount to SP's regulated tariff if you don’t want to fix and lock in for 12 or 24 months. 

Think Senoko still has a floating tariff plan priced at a 9% discount to SP’s qtrly tariff. You still save 9%. 

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, Enye said:

wah… how do local power plants hedge?

doubt they employ a team to do hedging like sia.  even with a so called professional team, the results were disastrous 

😬

They largely don't. 

They sell into the wholesale market where prices are reset every 30 mins based on demand and supply. Why need to hedge? 

23 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

They largely don't. 

They sell into the wholesale market where prices are reset every 30 mins based on demand and supply. Why need to hedge? 

never thought they were so sophisticated to do it…

but so many experts here say they hedge… so i asked how are they doing it lor

with relatively small movements in gas price previously, the gencos have little need to hedge.  suddenly gas price spiked, these gencos also become very proficient in hedging overnight? quite unbelievable in my opinion but i may be wrong since i not expert ah

😬😅

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

They are just doing what mammals do. 😁

Bloodhound gang. 

Never put customary video after your sentence.

Edited by Ender
  • Haha! 2

10 hours ago, Enye said:

never thought they were so sophisticated to do it…

but so many experts here say they hedge… so i asked how are they doing it lor

with relatively small movements in gas price previously, the gencos have little need to hedge.  suddenly gas price spiked, these gencos also become very proficient in hedging overnight? quite unbelievable in my opinion but i may be wrong since i not expert ah

😬😅

There is some confusion over what needs to be hedged, I think. A genco with a retail business selling fixed can easily hedge using oil derivatives. Left pocket, right pocket, margin locked in.

For an independent retailer to hedge wholesale prices, very volatile now, is more challenging.  In Business Times, it was reported that they hedge via futures, not sure why this instrument is no longer working but I read wholesale electricity price is not just a function of oil prices but is also driven by other factors like market demand, capacity, etc.  

↡ Advertisement