New Electricity Service providers

Sdf4786k

Supercharged

UGS also throw in the towel liao...

UGS Energy宣布退出电力零售市场

UGS Energy私人有限公司宣布,本周三(10月27日)将退出电力零售市场。根据UGS Energy私人有限公司今天发布的文告,为了确保所有顾客顺利过渡,所有顾客都会转给新加坡能源集团。UGS Energy私人有限公司也将确保所有顾客的电力供应不会受到影响。

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/realtime/singapore/story20211025-1206748

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

51 minutes ago, therock said:

Yeah but none pointed out the fact that consumers who signed contracts with the retailers are not compensated for the contracts broken.  No difference from car dealers taking your deposits but never deliver your car and just close shop cos COE now "too high, too volatile".  When COE very very cheap. they would come back again and force you to take the car at the original higher price. 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 4

My contract ends with SembCorp Power in Nov. They sent me early invitation to recontract in Sep, which I did. I can't how much, but it appears to be quite high (maybe 22 cts ?) compared to 18 cents previously. Maybe I'm lucky to act faster ?

• Praise 1
  • Shocked 1

On 10/16/2021 at 8:55 AM, Wildfaye29 said:

wah rao

knn senoko knn

heng i made a impromptu decision that hot and humid nite to do 22.5c over 36mths 

wah rao eh

knn

my final bill from sp wholesale came and it was 53.08c! 

fixed plan lets me sleep well for the next 3 yrs

anyone still wan to join senoko prease feel free to use my referral code to get $30 rebate

2HXPLRWD

• Shocked 2

6 minutes ago, Wildfaye29 said:

wah rao eh

knn

my final bill from sp wholesale came and it was 53.08c! 

fixed plan lets me sleep well for the next 3 yrs

anyone still wan to join senoko prease feel free to use my referral code to get $30 rebate

2HXPLRWD

53 cts per kwh? That is more than doubled the regulated tariff. No wonder all the independent retailers are closed for new business and socializing their losses.

58 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

53 cts per kwh? That is more than doubled the regulated tariff. No wonder all the independent retailers are closed for new business and socializing their losses.

more than 3x of mine [sweatdrop]  fixed so high later price drop how [laugh]

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Jman888 said:

Nowadays sign power supply contract is like getting new COE - time it wrongly always kena high price renewal/premium! 

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, Jman888 said:

53 is wholesale, i think.

He fixed at 22.5 cts for 3 years when oil is at circa US$80/ bbl and regulated tariff at 25.8 cts (float), a reasonably good deal unless you take the view that oil will drop to $40-50 again. 

• Praise 1

On 10/26/2021 at 4:29 PM, Kb27 said:

My contract ends with SembCorp Power in Nov. They sent me early invitation to recontract in Sep, which I did. I can't how much, but it appears to be quite high (maybe 22 cts ?) compared to 18 cents previously. Maybe I'm lucky to act faster ?

Lucky you signed up.

Now so high.

:D

Edited by Jamesc

Hi guys,

I was with SP Wholesale, my last bill was $390 ,701.98 kWh  rate 0.4685 , nearly fainted.. and just switched back to SP tariff. Any suggestion, should i go with OEM? Anyone done a comparision?

• Haha! 1

On 2/25/2021 at 1:31 PM, Jamesc said:

Go wholesale with all the risk to save 2 cents?

:grin:

On 2/25/2021 at 1:34 PM, Jamesc said:

Wholesale Electricity Price

You can choose to buy electricity from the wholesale electricity market via SP Group. In doing so, you will be paying for electricity at prices that vary every half-hour, depending on the demand and supply situation in the market. This is also known as the Wholesale Electricity Price (WEP).

The WEP would typically rise due to reasons such as an increase in electricity demand and/or an outage of power generating units. Consumers can refer to the chart below which shows the lowest and highest half-hourly wholesale electricity prices* in 2019. For example, in the month of February 2019, the half-hourly prices* ranged between 14.32 cents/kWh and 155.82 cents/kWh.

image.png.3e20c1372bbc2cb99935fa06ce29c2d8.png

*Source: Energy Market Authority. Figures provide an equivalent charge per kWh under a WEP plan. Actual calculation of charges will be presented in detail in customers’ bills. Figures exclude Meter Reading and Data Management Charge ($2.18 per meter) and Vesting Debit/Credit (if applicable) for the quarter.

You are advised to consider the WEP plan carefully, as it is a riskier option, given the uncertainty in price due to fluctuations. Switching to buy electricity from an electricity retailer under a Fixed Price or Discount Off the Regulated Tariff price plan provides more price certainty than buying electricity at the WEP. You can start by comparing the standard price plans offered by the electricity retailers using the Price Comparison Tool. 

Good luck

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Almondbaby said:

Hi guys,

I was with SP Wholesale, my last bill was $390 ,701.98 kWh  rate 0.4685 , nearly fainted.. and just switched back to SP tariff. Any suggestion, should i go with OEM? Anyone done a comparision?

You last bill was $390 ,701.98?

You own a factory?

Or you doing a bit of bitcoin mining on the side?

• Haha! 6

3 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

You last bill was $390 ,701.98?

You own a factory?

Or you doing a bit of bitcoin mining on the side?

and hoh he nearly fainted tiah hoh!!! if me you will not see my post anymore... maybe with be under Radx care liao.. whahahahahhaha..

• Haha! 2

10 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

and hoh he nearly fainted tiah hoh!!! if me you will not see my post anymore... maybe with be under Radx care liao.. whahahahahhaha..

Anyone that can pay a $400K electric bill

is an A Sai one!

Salute!

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 4