New Electricity Service providers

Sdf4786k

1 minute ago, Ct3833 said:

Used to be with ipswich,  now  back to SP, electricity bill alone inceased by more than $100 per month, bloody!

Luckily i re-contract with Geneco in July 2021.  My bill increased by 7%

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

24 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Luckily i re-contract with Geneco in July 2021.  My bill increased by 7%

I recontracted with iswitch mid last year too, now they left me in the lurch. I refused to pay the last bill of close to $300, they get agent to call me, i told her if i quit on their contract half way,  they  will sue me,  but how can they just quit on me and expect me to pay up everything? 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Ct3833 said:

I recontracted with iswitch mid last year too, now they left me in the lurch. I refused to pay the last bill of close to $300, they get agent to call me, i told her if i quit on their contract half way,  they  will sue me,  but how can they just quit on me and expect me to pay up everything? 

Tell the fellow that you will counter-sue them.  After that, we will offset the difference.

23 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Tell the fellow that you will counter-sue them.  After that, we will offset the difference.

Haha i dont have the energy and wealth power lah. Just try to be difficult  with them, once they issue me a  lawyer letter, i will LL pay up also.😃 

Maybe it is time to think harder on my solar panels project.🤣😅

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

This women spent $40k to install Solar Panel. Based on her 2018 electricity bill, it will take her 12 years to breakeven.

Currently, she doesn’t have to pay electricity, water & rubbish collection bill. In addition, SP still owe her money 

• Praise 3

59 minutes ago, therock said:

Not a good time to do so if one has not signed six months ago...

Depends on your view of oil prices going forward. The days of 17-18cts pricings are probably gone forever, especially by next year. 

22 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

This women spent $40k to install Solar Panel. Based on her 2018 electricity bill, it will take her 12 years to breakeven.

Currently, she doesn’t have to pay electricity, water & rubbish collection bill. In addition, SP still owe her money 

The cost of solar installation today should be cheaper   , my main concern is roof leak. 😃

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

7 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

The cost of solar installation today should be cheaper   , my main concern is roof leak. 😃

Why do you have that concern?

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

12 years to break even doesn't account for the opportunity cost of that 40k. Once you account for that, maybe becomes 20 years break even. Can the panels last for 20 years? Doubtful. And how much you gotta spend for maintenance on it?

• Praise 2

40 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Why do you have that concern?

I dont know how and what they will do to my roof tiles, in case the installation screw or the water proof gets deteriorated subsequebtly, i may have to remove the solar pannels and retile my roof😅😅

• Haha! 1

Just now, Ct3833 said:

I dont know how and what they will do to my roof tiles, in case the installation screw or the water proof gets deteriorated subsequebtly, i may have to remove the solar pannels and retile my roof😅😅

Well, all these concerns can only be addressed by solar installer.

• Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

12 years to break even doesn't account for the opportunity cost of that 40k. Once you account for that, maybe becomes 20 years break even. Can the panels last for 20 years? Doubtful. And how much you gotta spend for maintenance on it?

At current electricity price and solar panel cost, I believe it will be 10 years or less.

Currently, SP still owes her $3k. That's the most shiok part.

29 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Yah, have to sit down with a few solar installer first. Need to first find time, next start talking to a few solar pannels  installers. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

Only worthwhile if constructing a new house or re-roofing. Old roof half way leaks got to dismantle the panels for repairs. 

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, inlinesix said:

You never deal with alibaba Singapore CONtractors Ah? 
for sure they will blame the old roof, when problems come. Before that when getting the sale. Sure to say no problem. 

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

You never deal with alibaba Singapore CONtractors Ah? 
for sure they will blame the old roof, when problems come. Before that when getting the sale. Sure to say no problem. 

I don't deal with Alibaba Contractors.

Edited by inlinesix