2019 7th Generation BMW 3 Series (G20 / G21)

Carbon82

Haha I actually agree, but it depends on driving style. 250 is like just nice to cut most hoggers and what not.

Wah, your standard quite high bro, 250hp nia. Liddat 80% cars no need to drive liao. Hahahah.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Wah, your standard quite high bro, 250hp nia. Liddat 80% cars no need to drive liao. Hahahah.

Actually 250bhp is very nice to zip around on singapore roads. Overtaking is easy and driveability is good.

Had an F10 528i. My first car in excess of 200bhp. Pulls pretty hard for a big and heavy car like that. Had really mediocre brakes though. Haha

• Praise 3

In this aspect, the M2 Comp would be my choice, a small 2 door fun car. I did hear the list price for the M340i, price would be approx. 288k based on march coe prices. For its performance, the price is pretty reasonable in my opinion. A small 4 door sedan with a sub 4 second century dash is as fast as exotic supercars of a decade ago. Really impressive.

Off topic abit, with the germans having super sedans with sub 3 second century dashes and unlocked top speed in excess of 300kph, the exotic brands would be hard pressed to improve their performance significantly over such super sedans to open up the performance gap and to justify the entry price point. I know at this price point, getting into an exotic car is not just solely about its performance but the sum of all parts, the brand prestige, racing dna and history so to speak.

The next decade would be really interesting to see how supercars evolve. On a personal note, the next big thing would be the revolution of the drivetrain and how to improve traction and get power more efficiently onto the tarmac.

For now, the G20 has shown to be very very good in terms of performance and handling for the 330i and especially the M340i.

When you say sub 4 second 0-100km, you mean between 4 to 5 seconds right? now below 4 seconds?

correct me if I'm wrong, but sub 4 seconds is more like under 4 seconds. the m340i with xdrive does 0-100km in about 4.4seconds if I'm not mistaken

• Praise 2

Actually 250bhp is very nice to zip around on singapore roads. Overtaking is easy and driveability is good.

Had an F10 528i. My first car in excess of 200bhp. Pulls pretty hard for a big and heavy car like that. Had really mediocre brakes though. Haha

Your 528 accelerates well because of the torque from the turbo. Actually in SG, torque is more useful than hp. So actually diesel is best here. Too bad it's a bit noisy and not as clean as the Europeans thought.

When you say sub 4 second 0-100km, you mean between 4 to 5 seconds right? now below 4 seconds?

correct me if I'm wrong, but sub 4 seconds is more like under 4 seconds. the m340i with xdrive does 0-100km in about 4.4seconds if I'm not mistaken

I mean 4.x seconds. Pretty impressive

Your 528 accelerates well because of the torque from the turbo. Actually in SG, torque is more useful than hp. So actually diesel is best here. Too bad it's a bit noisy and not as clean as the Europeans thought.

True, the torque of 350nm. When you switch on the power display on the idrive, normal driving utilises very little of the horsepower, the torque on the other hand moves in big increments. Turbo Diesels of 3 litres would be just nice in terms of stop start traffic. The clatter of the modern diesels are much more muted than before but still noticeable and doesn't sound as nice as their petrol counterparts.

I mean 4.x seconds. Pretty impressive

True, the torque of 350nm. When you switch on the power display on the idrive, normal driving utilises very little of the horsepower, the torque on the other hand moves in big increments. Turbo Diesels of 3 litres would be just nice in terms of stop start traffic. The clatter of the modern diesels are much more muted than before but still noticeable and doesn't sound as nice as their petrol counterparts.

Geez. Minimum 250hp and now 3.0 diesel to be "just nice"? I was thinking that 1.4-1.6 turbo diesels should be decent in SG roads. Hahaha you guys are really in a different league. Lol.
  • Praise 1

Geez. Minimum 250hp and now 3.0 diesel to be "just nice"? I was thinking that 1.4-1.6 turbo diesels should be decent in SG roads. Hahaha you guys are really in a different league. Lol.

I think the 320i with 197bhp is pretty good on our roads. It has enough torque and overtaking prowess on our traffic light-laden roads.   [thumbsup]

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 4

Twincharged

I think the 320i with 197bhp is pretty good on our roads. It has enough torque and overtaking prowess on our traffic light-laden roads.   [thumbsup]

Our current daily ride is  the 216i Active Tourer. A nice ( and quite sedantary) change from my other ride. [:)]

• Praise 1

i saw an altis zig-zag through the traffic the other day, overtaking every other brands of car on the road

he must be thinking 120hp is just right for our roads haha

• Praise 1

Torque is the one to consider for driving enjoyment in SG Roads, so the turbodiesels will suffice.

Different cars drive differently so the bhp or acceleration figures "doesn't matter".

For eg, my car has 241 bhp and 7s century sprint, but it feels slower than the 1.5 turbo Civic or 1.4 TFSI A3 during normal acceleration. Of course when WOT is a different story, but I'm referring to normal driving.

• Praise 5

Our current daily ride is  the 216i Active Tourer. A nice ( and quite sedantary) change from my other ride. [:)]

Agreed. Sometimes a change in driving environment (high seating position, nice interior and space) allow us to focus less on driving and encourages more talking with each other in the car. [:)]  

I quite like the interior in the i3. It has a Scandinavian feel and make me feel more relaxed in the car. [thumbsup]

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 4

Torque is the one to consider for driving enjoyment in SG Roads, so the turbodiesels will suffice.

Different cars drive differently so the bhp or acceleration figures "doesn't matter".

For eg, my car has 241 bhp and 7s century sprint, but it feels slower than the 1.5 turbo Civic or 1.4 TFSI A3 during normal acceleration. Of course when WOT is a different story, but I'm referring to normal driving.

sounds like lexus IS. Really feels slower when drive normally?

sounds like lexus IS. Really feels slower when drive normally?

Only at 1st gear cos of the throttle lag. Once that magic 1s is passed, then it's brisk liao.

I guess you can take the 240i vs M2 also as a means of comparison. There is a pretty informative YouTube video comparing the 2. Similar but yet different.

even M2 and M2 competition has a difference in terms of performance level and handling.

I agree, bcos not everyday u floor hard. Most of the time u floor gently. On the other hand,. Turbo diesel floor gently can alr zoom past quite alot of car.

Things will be diff if u floor hard, diesel no use liao

• Praise 2

hahaha no la, we are talking about ideal scenarios 

• Praise 2

What a beautiful wagon! :wub:

BMW 3 Series Touring (G21)

bmw_330d_xdrive_touring_luxury_line_97_0

bmw_330d_xdrive_touring_luxury_line_99_0

bmw_330d_xdrive_touring_luxury_line_44_0

bmw_330d_xdrive_touring_luxury_line_9_07

bmw_330d_xdrive_touring_luxury_line_22_0

bmw_330d_xdrive_touring_luxury_line_10_0

bmw_330d_xdrive_touring_luxury_line_91_0

bmw_330d_xdrive_touring_luxury_line_736.

bmw_330d_xdrive_touring_luxury_line_54.j

bmw_330d_xdrive_touring_luxury_line_55.j

bmw_330i_touring_m_sport_3_023c00fd0f030

bmw_330i_touring_m_sport_6_018f007a0d2e0

bmw_330i_touring_m_sport_32_02b101c00e95

bmw_330i_touring_m_sport_9_033a015f0dbe0

bmw_330i_touring_m_sport_7_026a01650e610

bmw_330i_touring_m_sport_70_020200000f24

bmw_330i_touring_m_sport_5.jpg

bmw_330i_touring_m_sport_84.jpg

bmw_330i_touring_m_sport_38.jpg

bmw_330i_touring_m_sport_79.jpg