2019 7th Generation BMW 3 Series (G20 / G21)

Carbon82

On 12/16/2023 at 10:27 AM, LIMBEI said:

@inlinesix is more of a need. Reason being is because i have a baby along with me hence would want to make the car as safe as possible with my constant defensive driving 

Considering either just the front calipers or front and rear. Wanna know the advantages between the 2. Haha

I was once on your shoes too. In summary, no, changing to BBK does not improve your stopping distance.

BBK are more useful for tracking whereby it can better withstand the high heat caused by intensive braking (overheated brake drastically reduces its effectiveness).

Some videos to help you understand better.

Edited by Rickster
  • Praise 1

On 12/16/2023 at 10:27 AM, LIMBEI said:

@inlinesix is more of a need. Reason being is because i have a baby along with me hence would want to make the car as safe as possible with my constant defensive driving 

Considering either just the front calipers or front and rear. Wanna know the advantages between the 2. Haha

One thing I realised about brakes, is about balance.

I get worried when I see people install 6 pots with bigger rotors in front while leaving the rear stock.

During e-brake, the superior braking in front may cause the rear to lift up resulting in loss of traction. 

So I try to buy cars that comes stock with BBKs, and change to better rotors and pads (OEM spec size) when it’s due for replacement.

So if you’re driving bimmer, get a set of M Performance brakes (front and back) that’s made for your car model, if available.

And guys being guys, if we want (not need) something just go buy lah. To me BBK is for show only if it’s just driving normally on streets. That’s my only reason for using BBKs.. I hiao 🤣

No need to justify with reasons like safety for baby lah. Safety comes with defensive driving not bigger brakes.

• Haha! 4

Neutral Newbie

@Rickster haha yea , thanks alot man. Haha looks like those people that install calipers (Brembo and other brands), is car enthusiast. Haha because Singapore normal roads are not needed, unless track at Sepang , my friend drive to Sepang to track 

BKK indeed in SG is just for show/hiao.

i think for a decent bimmer, even if u just change front 6pot or even 8pot, u ebrake from 100kph, the rear will not lift up one la.

good suspension and tyres helps alot

• Praise 1

On 12/16/2023 at 9:15 PM, Dannnn said:

BKK indeed in SG is just for show/hiao.

i think for a decent bimmer, even if u just change front 6pot or even 8pot, u ebrake from 100kph, the rear will not lift up one la.

good suspension and tyres helps alot

I installed Wilwood 4 pots on my Honda Crossroad back in 2009.

Yes in retrospect I also wonder why bother on an underpowered SUV 😆

On stock suspension and Geolandar tyres.

I actually tried doing an ebrake in Seletar from 60kmh (last time no kar there one) and the rear felt lifted. I could be wrong la.

Shortly after I sold off the BBK.

Seeking recommendations for audio upgrade, the stock sound system is seriously quite shitty and i can't tolerate anymore.. anyone got good value ones to recommend? TIA!

@Rickster yes, good and sticky tyres will improve braking instead.

i always change new set of branded tyres 3mm above indicator as well. Don’t ever drive till hit tread indicator as raining days may aquaplane too.

Edited by ccc888

Supercharged
On 12/21/2023 at 12:29 AM, Conan86 said:

Seeking recommendations for audio upgrade, the stock sound system is seriously quite shitty and i can't tolerate anymore.. anyone got good value ones to recommend? TIA!

Go to Singtrade Sin Ming Autocit6ly Level 8 and look for Ah Huat. He will sort u out 🙂

↡ Advertisement