Bad Car Design Trends

Eyke

Twincharged

Singapore Street Lights,Halogen is enough,HID & LED are "Cool",but when anything blow...your Wallet also burn...Halogen Bulbs are just a few Bucks,while HID & LED costed much more.

HID last about 8 years and the last I change my Xeon bulb was 320 a pair. 160 a piece.

But the throw length is way better during raining days.

Safety wise cannot compromise.

But I do find the Matrix LED a bit dim. The new range now is Laser headlights which will no doubt cost even more for the initial stage until it becomes the norm for the prices to moderate.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Halogen light, 2018 ald i still see some new car with halogen headlight. Design chio the moment turn on light, its a turn off

But still can change after market though

To me i dont like car design with vertical rear light such as xc90 and crv

while i think we should go LED, some brake light are too 'blinding' to the motorist behind. Don't they have some guidelines?

• Praise 1

Indicator light removed from fender area and installed on side view mirrors which is not obvious when you miss its back indicator lights.

Feel apologetic for failing to give way but indicator light on mirrors does not work effectively - smallish, somewhat front facing and if in bright day can hardly see if light is blinking.

• Praise 1

Singapore Street Lights,Halogen is enough,HID & LED are "Cool",but when anything blow...your Wallet also burn...Halogen Bulbs are just a few Bucks,while HID & LED costed much more.

Singapore should reduced the number of street lights or at least change to LED street light.  Too much light pollution.

Halogen bulb will become dim over time.  I used to change light bulb every year.

My previous BMW has LED tail light.  I only need to change it after 8 years from bad connection (and not LED spoil).

Supersonic

Singapore should reduced the number of street lights or at least change to LED street light.  Too much light pollution.

Halogen bulb will become dim over time.  I used to change light bulb every year.

My previous BMW has LED tail light.  I only need to change it after 8 years from bad connection (and not LED spoil).

Did you noticed there is a sector of street lights on PIE changed to LED? I dont really like LED street light, find it is not smoothing to the eyes when driving le.

Did you noticed there is a sector of street lights on PIE changed to LED? I dont really like LED street light, find it is not smoothing to the eyes when driving le.

That's because of the white color and super directional bright.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Find LED also quite reflective on the road esp if the road is wet. Find my eyes feel more strain if the street lights are LED. Dont know why they changed to LED?

Edited by 13177

while i think we should go LED, some brake light are too 'blinding' to the motorist behind. Don't they have some guidelines?

True some brake light simply too bright and blinding us especially at traffic light waiting

But ever since i driving suv, the blare is reduced due to higher seating position

Find LED also quite reflective on the road esp if the road is wet. Find my eyes feel more strain if the street lights are LED. Dont know why they changed to LED?

LED lights is low power and directional (with proper lens design).

With LED lights, it will reduce light pollution.

Even though i have astig, i have no issue with LED street lights.

LED light last longer, less electricity consumption and brighter

But when theres haze cannot see. Got pro and cons. LED street light also look nicer somehow

Awful looking hybrid cars.

So what if it sips fuel?

I call it "xiao chiang".

USC60TOC161A021001.jpg

And the rear light macam soviet flag lol

Turbocharged

if you have noticed, once upon a time, LED tube replacing florescent tube comes with dotted LED light. they are very glaring to eyes.

today, the filter make them evenly lit like fluorescent tube. why automobile still learning leh? 

Supersonic

LED lights is low power and directional (with proper lens design).

With LED lights, it will reduce light pollution.

Even though i have astig, i have no issue with LED street lights.

Maybe my eyes got problem or i am not used to driving on a road with LED street lights.  [:p]

agreed.  It is not becos of the LED itself.  White light doesn't mean good.  A bit more yellowish with lower colour temperature (like Halogen or the current Sodium Vapour) is more soothing for the eyes without compromising visibility.

• Praise 1

if you have noticed, once upon a time, LED tube replacing florescent tube comes with dotted LED light. they are very glaring to eyes.

today, the filter make them evenly lit like fluorescent tube. why automobile still learning leh? 

My previous BMW 5 already use LED tube.

The car was produced in 2002.

LED light last longer, less electricity consumption and brighter

But when theres haze cannot see. Got pro and cons. LED street light also look nicer somehow

And the rear light macam soviet flag lol

You mean it looks like a sickle? Anyway the rear wing also block the view of the rear view mirror.

weeding-sickle-product-171437-lrg.jpg

2016-toyota-prius-two-hatchback-rear-vie

agreed.  It is not becos of the LED itself.  White light doesn't mean good.  A bit more yellowish with lower colour temperature (like Halogen or the current Sodium Vapour) is more soothing for the eyes without compromising visibility.

Maybe it is to keep u awake.

:XD:

↡ Advertisement