Bad Car Design Trends

Eyke

Please just do it and 为民除害  [furious]  [furious]

OK finally got time to download a photo of the joker who turns on the rear fog loght perpetually.  Anyone who knows him please ask him to stop irritating drivers behind:

post-128138-0-20551600-1530017880_thumb.jpg

(I blanked out one alphabet but it looks like a 7)

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

OK finally got time to download a photo of the joker who turns on the rear fog loght perpetually. Anyone who knows him please ask him to stop irritating drivers behind:

Screenshot_2018-06-26-19-42-09_temp.jpg

many people dont know that its on, including my boss [lipsrsealed]
  • Praise 1

OK finally got time to download a photo of the joker who turns on the rear fog loght perpetually.  Anyone who knows him please ask him to stop irritating drivers behind:

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2018-06-26-19-42-09_temp.jpg

Let our friendly LTA officers send luv letter to remind him.

Can feedback to: https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/home/owning/modification.html

Forget or ignorance is not a good excuse given the number of drivers who have been or will be affected. 

many people dont know that its on, including my boss [lipsrsealed]

Audi cars are similar to Volvo (not sure about other cars), the fog lights turn themselves off for good once the engine is turned off.  It has to be manually turned on again the next time.

ie. they (including your boss if he is driving Audi/Volvo) conciously want to be an a$$ by pressing the fog light button every evening..... 

Supersonic

Audi cars are similar to Volvo (not sure about other cars), the fog lights turn themselves off for good once the engine is turned off. It has to be manually turned on again the next time.

ie. they (including your boss if he is driving Audi/Volvo) conciously want to be an a$$ by pressing the fog light button every evening.....

my boss drives a BMW, not sure if its auto or manual fog lights...

my boss drives a BMW, not sure if its auto or manual fog lights...

Lucky I qualified my observation - your boss may not be an A$$ becos of the fog lights..... [laugh]

Supersonic

Eco start stop, can't disable.

But makes the car affordable to you due to VES regulations.
  • Praise 1

35 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

BBC News - Tesla touchscreen wiper controls land driver with fine after crash
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53666222

Here's a good reason why controls needed when driving should not be in the touchscreen. Audi, and now new S class are making it more distracting and dangerous for drivers.

this is seriously  a stupid design

• Praise 2

The cynic in me says that its cheaper for the car manufacturer to plant all minor controls into a touchscreen or a big display panel than to design, engineer and manufacture nice, quality switchgear (stalks, knobs and buttons).

As I have said somewhere else before in this forum, I am ok with the screen being a source of information and perhaps access some not commonly used settings , but to delve into the menus to change fan speed or temperature or radio channel, or in this case, wiper speed, is plain silly and dangerous.

I hope this trend stops.

• Praise 5

12 minutes ago, Toeknee_33 said:

The cynic in me says that its cheaper for the car manufacturer to plant all minor controls into a touchscreen or a big display panel than to design, engineer and manufacture nice, quality switchgear (stalks, knobs and buttons).

As I have said somewhere else before in this forum, I am ok with the screen being a source of information and perhaps access some not commonly used settings , but to delve into the menus to change fan speed or temperature or radio channel, or in this case, wiper speed, is plain silly and dangerous.

I hope this trend stops.

Tesla is NOT a car company

↡ Advertisement