Interesting Questions - Looking for Answers

Ash2017

Twincharged

Airlines - in the name of security in the air, generally airlines replaced metal utensils to plastics, this is very evident in the economy class. However, in many airlines, I still continue to see metal utensils being used in First and Business class. I am assuming they found that terrorists often travel economy class. Any explanation for this observation?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Twincharged

Why do people work so darn hard, sacrificing sleep, sometimes health and relationships to make more money BUT only to spend on an overpriced clothing / watch / mobile phone / restaurant?

Some ladies would skip meals to save money for buying that branded bag.

Some ladies would not blink an eyelid paying hundreds of dollars to have that perfect hair-do but would complain visiting a GP that cost $50.

Some guys buy save and save to buy their dream car BUT cannot afford to drive the car as and when they wish because of financial constraints due to loans and high maintenance.

Some people would drive or take public transport to another town because the fruit there is 10 cent cheaper per pound. 

The question is: where it we learn, when did it become acceptable and what made us do all these things?

• Praise 3

Why do people work so darn hard, sacrificing sleep, sometimes health and relationships to make more money BUT only to spend on an overpriced clothing / watch / mobile phone / restaurant?

Some ladies would skip meals to save money for buying that branded bag.

Some ladies would not blink an eyelid paying hundreds of dollars to have that perfect hair-do but would complain visiting a GP that cost $50.

Some guys buy save and save to buy their dream car BUT cannot afford to drive the car as and when they wish because of financial constraints due to loans and high maintenance.

Some people would drive or take public transport to another town because the fruit there is 10 cent cheaper per pound.

The question is: where it we learn, when did it become acceptable and what made us do all these things?

Answer is simple. What do you value more? Like relationships or a car? If it is a car, then naturally you will spend a lot on a car rather than relationships.

Replace relationships and car with anything you want and you have your answer.

UNLESS you value relationship over car but spend all your money on car then it does not make sense.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Answer is simple. What do you value more? Like relationships or a car? If it is a car, then naturally you will spend a lot on a car rather than relationships.

Replace relationships and car with anything you want and you have your answer.

UNLESS you value relationship over car but spend all your money on car then it does not make sense.

the point is why are the people on their dying bed then get enlightened that relationship far more important than material things?

are any of you like that, i hope not

not too long ago, i do know this particular person because we are in the same association, it was like hi, hello and good bye kind of relationship

one day he approach me asking me frantically for help for his daughter, there is no harm and so I took the trouble to find solution for him

after finding out the solution, there was no word of thank you, I dont mind 

but now back to the usual as cold as cucumber

like how i am encouraged to help my fellow men

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

the point is why are the people on their dying bed then get enlightened that relationship far more important than material things?

not too long ago, i do know this particular person because we are in the same association, it was like hi, hello and good bye kind of relationship

one day he approach me asking me frantically for help for his daughter, there is no harm and so I took the trouble to find solution for him

She couldn't find a husband

so you helped out?  [thumbsup]

:D  

• Praise 1

Usually in your example of people getting enlightened at deathbed, it's a case of priorities changing. It's like why study for exams when you could die tomorrow? But no 12 year old who is suddenly struck down with illness like cancer will wish he studied more. But if he never had cancer, he will put priority on the studies and not on preparing for death.

As for your example of you and your friend, I just say, people suck sometimes, life socks sometimes and @jamesc suck........ I leave it blank here.

In a position to help others its consider a blessing to me. I will always choose to be in the postion of giving rather than receiving.

If the person is unappreciative or ungrateful kind it wont bother me too much as well. It maybe one of the reasons they needed help in the first place cause they lack some values to establish gd relationship with others.

• Praise 2

Airlines - in the name of security in the air, generally airlines replaced metal utensils to plastics, this is very evident in the economy class. However, in many airlines, I still continue to see metal utensils being used in First and Business class. I am assuming they found that terrorists often travel economy class. Any explanation for this observation?

There are quite a few reasons and cannot be peg down to one single reason.

1. Presentation & Service Quality

When you have elite and premium passengers paying for top dollars for business, first class and suites, you don't want to come across as cheap. This is also in part due to the kind of food being served in different sections of the passenger jet. Think steak?

2. Aviation safety

This was initially limited to only flights in/out of US post-9/11. But the world does not revolve around US alone.

3. Additional cleaning cost

Metal utensils require cleaning and that's a separate cost. The economy section usually pay much lesser so using disposable utensils make sense. Hence, metal utensils are only provided to premium class travel where the passengers pay more to account for this cost. Asked a SQ-pilot friend of mine, it's easy to say it's only 1 set of metal utensils to clean but going by 10s or 100s of millions of sets by volume, the cost is not as small as we think. Even more so, more than 1 meal per passenger is served on long flights. So if you have a 220-passenger jet that serves 3 meals in a flight with in-galley cleaning facillities, that still comes up to a potential 250 sets of utensils per flight (including 10% spares).

Take into consideration it is not just wash, but also the expensive sterilizing equipment etc.

4. Theft

Metal utensils in economy class tend to get stolen. That results in millions of dollars of loss worldwide.

5. Terrorist preference for economy class seats?

I have not come across any such reports and neither have my contacts in the security realm. However, there is the belief that business class, first class and suites passengers tend to be frequent flyers (with or without loyalty points) or people with high social status. Their regularity on premium cabin classes can be tracked too easily with frequent flying and sometimes attract more attention than required. With that sort of frequency, it is too easy for authorities to form a picture of your movements. Obviously, this is not good for terrorists.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Get a car then can get more relationships?

tenor.png

Jamesc if you join either the ruling party or opposition, I am very sure you will help either party will BIG BIG especially if you give your speech at rally. 

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

SQ had been using back the metal utensils for economy class for a long long time.

It actually used the plastic one for a very short period.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Jamesc if you join either the ruling party or opposition, I am very sure you will help either party will BIG BIG especially if you give your speech at rally. 

I got many job offers.

I used to work for birkin.

Now I work for bata.  [thumbsup]

526x297-1Gt.jpg

mahathir-batatata.jpg

• Praise 1

Twincharged

"When I see lovers' names carved into a tree, I don't think it's cute; I just think it's strange how many people take knives on a date."

• Praise 1

Actually I don't see the security issue. With a metal knife, what can a terrorist do? He can only stab so many people before he gets taken down.

9/11 happened NOT because the terrorists had knives but because they could take over the cockpit. If metal cutlery were allowed AND access to cockpit is easy, you have a serious problem.

Iirc Malaysian airlines have metal cutlery for economy section as well so no comments on why metal cutlery is allowed on business seriihsection only and not economy section.

Twincharged
(edited)

Actually I don't see the security issue. With a metal knife, what can a terrorist do? He can only stab so many people before he gets taken down.

9/11 happened NOT because the terrorists had knives but because they could take over the cockpit. If metal cutlery were allowed AND access to cockpit is easy, you have a serious problem.

Iirc Malaysian airlines have metal cutlery for economy section as well so no comments on why metal cutlery is allowed on business seriihsection only and not economy section.

Bro I think you may be wrong, because the metal knife you were referring to is non halal.

In one psychiatric hospital, there is a head physician and several patients. After the new medicine intake, all patients suddenly caught a strange “disease” and they always tried to bite someone once a day. Fortunately, this side effect lasted only for one week. When everything was fine again, the doctor noticed that each patient had 2 bites. But the doctor was bitten 100 times.

How many patients were there in the hospital?

Those who can get the answer right, gets the big prize: gets to keep Radx for 1 day (I have not asked if he is willing to donate the prize yet but knowing him, he is likely to be willing).

Edited by Ash2017
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1