What Did You Makan Today Part 4

BabyBlade

(edited)

What's the difference between Indian and Chinese curry fish head

Chinese use coconut milk while ndian should not have.

and of course Indian have more exotic spices which is more flavourful

They were also pushing the fish head curry to us but I refused. They kept saying it's a special. I suspect it's a special only because they want to get rid of it.

I ate there many times without offers and all was good.

Yes probably getting rid of old stock 

.argh..

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 4

(edited)

Just a difference in the spices used.

Thanks. I don't really eat curry fish head often. Where is a good Indian one?

So far I only ate the one opposite sembawang shopping center. Its Chinese but i already find it a tad spicy haha.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Thanks. I don't really eat curry fish head.

depends, i love it when the fish is fresh and cooked just right, otherwise i will eat all the tomato and binjal (eggplant).  

(edited)

depends, i love it when the fish is fresh and cooked just right, otherwise i will eat all the tomato and binjal (eggplant).

I like brinjal. But not lady fingers haha

Thinking of bringing my parents one day. It's just one of those things we don't go out to eat cos sometimes my mum prepares curry fish at home.

The chinese one I ate for mothers day celebration bit too spicy for my mum.

Edited by Lala81

Thinking of bringing my parents one day. It's just one of those things we don't go out to eat cos sometimes my mum prepares curry fish at home.

If you are near Toa Payoh or Lower Delta, you can try Chuan Kee.  Their fish head is pretty good.  Options available are:

Curry

Black bean sauce

Assam

Claypot style

Nonya

The Nonya fish head is the spicier one.  Curry one is more like "lemak" style.  Assam is well assam and frankly quite good.

They have other zhi cha options of course.  You can look at their online menu here

http://chuankee1975.getz.co/Category/dff06216-d32a-488b-af21-7e5827b2a11c

• Praise 8

Supercharged
(edited)

Can try this place - Penang Seafood Restaurant @ 32 Aljunied Road . Very nice Nonya Curry fish head . Other dishes all pretty good and very reasonable price place also .  

Edited by Hubwee
  • Praise 9

Can try this place - Penang Seafood Restaurant @ 32 Aljunied Road . Very nice Nonya Curry fish head . Other dishes all pretty good and very reasonable price place also .

Thanks. Marked it on my Google map.

If you are near Toa Payoh or Lower Delta, you can try Chuan Kee. Their fish head is pretty good. Options available are:

Curry

Black bean sauce

Assam

Claypot style

Nonya

The Nonya fish head is the spicier one. Curry one is more like "lemak" style. Assam is well assam and frankly quite good.

They have other zhi cha options of course. You can look at their online menu here

http://chuankee1975.getz.co/Category/dff06216-d32a-488b-af21-7e5827b2a11c

Gam xia!
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Thanks. I don't really eat curry fish head often. Where is a good Indian one?

So far I only ate the one opposite sembawang shopping center. Its Chinese but i already find it a tad spicy haha.

For Indian fish head curry, I normally get at Kari's. They used to be in upper Bt Timah, opposite MINDEF but now relocated to sime Darby centre

www.karusindianrestaurant.com

• Praise 2

Supersonic

ladies finger is nice!! both literally and literally
  • Praise 1

(edited)

@mason016. It's chuan ji in toa payoh and chuan kee in lower delta right

@Lala81 

https://www.facebook.com/ChuanKeeSeafood/

Chuan Kee Toa Payoh:  Blk 18 Lorong 7 Toa Payoh #01-264 S(310019).  Tel: 9866 8939.

I haven't been to the Toa Payoh location.  Best to call whether its block 18 or block 19. 

Oh, yes.  The place is cash only. 

They also have an ice cream freezer with ice cream for each person after dinner.  Ownself foc grab. Got chocolate and strawberry in case your kids are fussy.    [laugh]

Edited by Mason016
↡ Advertisement