What Did You Makan Today Part 4

BabyBlade

means the uncle retired liao. He would probably be around 70 years old now. He was probably like mid to late 50s when i was in JC/uni schooling years.

think he retire 2-3 years ago.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

haha thanks for sacrificing some carbs to confirm  [thumbsup]

I will try one day lol.

sibei sad niah. I can honestly say that i would have gladly eaten the old one as my last few meals before i up lorry  -_-

actually I know what you meant when you mentioned "dry hokkien prawn noodle", because there is a version of "dry" one, which is actually the same as the wet version, but they use lesser broth and cover the noodle longer, so the broth is all soak up into the noodle until it become like quite dry and a little sticky. I was really looking forward to this dry and sticky version.  [laugh]

But this one now is totally different, I suspect they just took over the name "Nam kee" but did not get the recipe and the kungfu to cook the noodle. From picture you sure can tell. right. 

And take my word, save the $4, eat something else, I think the "you cha kuay" from the stall near the 4 season cheng tng is cheaper and better worth the carbs, or add 20 cents buy 10 pcs of satay you wont regret.   [:p]  [laugh]  

beefy young man [laugh]

yah, beefy ang kong siao young man, he really take no pride in his food. I see the way he cook already sian half, after taste is sian the other half.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

actually I know what you meant when you mentioned "dry hokkien prawn noodle", because there is a version of "dry" one, which is actually the same as the wet version, but they use lesser broth and cover the noodle longer, so the broth is all soak up into the noodle until it become like quite dry and a little sticky. I was really looking forward to this dry and sticky version.  [laugh]

But this one now is totally different, I suspect they just took over the name "Nam kee" but did not get the recipe and the kungfu to cook the noodle. From picture you sure can tell. right. 

And take my word, save the $4, eat something else, I think the "you cha kuay" from the stall near the 4 season cheng tng is cheaper and better worth the carbs, or add 20 cents buy 10 pcs of satay you wont regret.   [:p]  [laugh]  

hahaha "worst hokkien mee ever" is definitely quite a turn off.

hahaha "worst hokkien mee ever" is definitely quite a turn off.

from what I eat and how I eat, can tell I am quite easy with food right? 

If I say the food is good, you will have to try it out yourself, because my standard for food not very high. 

But if I say no good, is try at your own risk.

However if I say cannot make it, take your money and run!!!  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

from what I eat and how I eat, can tell I am quite easy with food right?

If I say the food is good, you will have to try it out yourself, because my standard for food not very high.

But if I say no good, is try at your own risk.

However if I say cannot make it, take your money and run!!! [laugh][laugh][laugh]

wanna praise your post, but its "worst hokkien mee ever" le... dilemma
  • Praise 2

@hoseyboh, bro which coffee shop opp the clementi HC got fish ball noodle stall lady boss give half ball one? I went ard dont say lady boss, cannot even find one fish ball noddle stall in the nearby coffee shop.. :huh:  <_<  [laugh]

@hoseyboh, bro which coffee shop opp the clementi HC got fish ball noodle stall lady boss give half ball one? I went ard dont say lady boss, cannot even find one fish ball noddle stall in the nearby coffee shop.. :huh:<_<[laugh]

Ehh, old lady neber gib half ball lah. It's the one beside clementi mall opposite the school where you need to cross the traffic light if you park at the open space cp...

Maybe you go after 1.30, closed shop liao...

• Praise 3

Ehh, old lady neber gib half ball lah. It's the one beside clementi mall opposite the school where you need to cross the traffic light if you park at the open space cp...

Maybe you go after 1.30, closed shop liao...

oh, no wonder cannot find lah.. [:p]  [laugh]  [laugh]

BBQ seafood, blk 526 Jurong West St 52

First coffeeshop I came across with wide variety of beer and large number of beer promoters.

post-210087-0-80402600-1533122129_thumb.jpg

Edited by TangoCharlie
  • Praise 12

Spice World Hotpot at Clarke Quay. CQ really changed a fair bit. Haven't been there for years!

I feel the soup is better than HDLY but they charge $4 per pax for condiments

post-1798-0-59097700-1533128917_thumb.jpeg

post-1798-0-47280900-1533128973_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Theoldjaffa
  • Praise 26