Car Interior LED Lights

song77

8 hours ago, ashtaichee said:

is this installation legalised by LTA? I read from onemotoring tat interior lights are not allowed... but very gian to install also

As long as you don't make your cabin like a Christmas tree you should be fine. Do add a on/off switch for it during installation.

10 hours ago, ashtaichee said:

is this installation legalised by LTA? I read from onemotoring tat interior lights are not allowed... but very gian to install also

They don't even  inspect interior light during vehicle inspection .

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, ashtaichee said:

I changed all the interior light to LED.

My car has been inspected twice without issue.

• Praise 2

4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

I changed all the interior light to LED.

My car has been inspected twice without issue.

From the way the post is constructed, it doesn't look like LED bulbs are mentioned but more on footwell, dashboard lights etc

• Praise 1

i got an official reply from LTA regarding this topic:

Car ambient interior lighting
Feedback Number: 20211029-0476

We received your email dated 29 October 2021.

We would like to inform you that we have no objections to have its interior lights switched on while it is travelling on the roads, so long as the interior lights are deemed necessary for the purpose of internal illumination of the vehicle.

However, interior light within a vehicle should not be visible to an observer to the front, left, right or to the rear of the vehicle unless it is necessary for the purpose of internal illumination of the vehicle.

We hope the above clarifies.

Yours sincerely

Derick Chen
Senior Assistant Engineer
Vehicle Approval & Control Division
Land Transport Authority

Neutral Newbie

LED light in the car can be placed anywhere and in any quantity - they do not take up much space and you can easily set it up by yourself.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

LED light in the car can be placed anywhere and in any quantity - they do not take up much space and you can easily set it up by yourself. Bright car lighting is one of the guarantors of safe driving, but you have to pay for it with energy consumption. For example, I read that when you are in a traffic jam, the dimensions, together with the brake light, take on about 100 watts. To provide power, you need to buy a microcircuit and a stabilizer for each lamp separately in the radio parts store. And the installation process itself can be easily found on the Internet, there are many video guides here.

Edited by Odenkurtiak
↡ Advertisement