I need some recommendations for: 205/55/R16 tires

therock

Dear friends

I will be looking to replace some tires and the 205/55/R16 is one of the most popular around, and there are a plethora of choices, from the most budget, all the way to the more exotic. 

I am looking to spend under $130 for a tire which has a balance of comfort, noise control and safety.

These are the current candidates under consideration:

Continental:

CPC 5 ~ $115-130

(sadly the CPC 6 doesn't seem to be made for 16" tires)

Pirelli

Pirelli Cinturato P7 

Bridgestone

The new Bridgestone Turanza T005A ~ $120-$130 looks very interesting as an alternative to the GR 100

Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance?

Michelin Primacy 3 / PS 4 ~ $120 

Some recent tests:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2018-ADAC-Summer-Tyre-Test-205-55-R16.htm

I hope to get some ideas from friends here.. thanks! 

Some ideas on my needs:

I typically keep to the speed limits, but will do runs up north on the NSH, and in SG, do a lot of town driving, and am looking to replace some Goodyear RFTs.. cheers :) 

The CPC 5 looks pretty promising and is mentioned in a few reviews:

http://www.tirereviews.info/reviews-and-tests/summer-tires/r16-summer-tires/8-2018-summer-tire-test-results-205-55-r16

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

MPV :)

Under 130?

Visited a shop in Yong Peng and their prices aren’t really cheaper than SG .. FYI

If comfort is an important factor,  the next tyre should have the same factory recommended load index and speed rating. 

MPV :)

Under 130?

Visited a shop in Yong Peng and their prices aren’t really cheaper than SG .. FYI

MPV = ?

anyway base on the tire size 205/55/16  under $130 = plenty choice = average tire =

bridgestone , yokohama , Pirelli , continental , etc are all Good Quality tires .

Load index is a number = max load the tire can max carry = important if always heavily load = long distance = high speed.

if not sure just follow the Original fitted size from factory (NOT from you car )

↡ Advertisement