Legal white Headlights/fog lights

song77

What is the maximum legal limit of white lights approved by LTA? Any brands to recommend?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

What is the maximum legal limit of white lights approved by LTA? Any brands to recommend?

Are you asking about colour temperature?

If you are asking about switching from halogen to HID or LED its not allowed by LTA regardless of colour.

If its about temperature, its not clearly defined but white is fine as long as it doesnt look bluish or purplish once you get past 8000k.

7000-8000k should be very safe as a rule of thumb.

Edited by Ake109
  • Praise 2

Are you asking about colour temperature?

If you are asking about switching from halogen to HID or LED its not allowed by LTA regardless of colour.

If its about temperature, its not clearly defined but white is fine as long as it doesnt look bluish or purplish once you get past 8000k.

7000-8000k should be very safe as a rule of thumb.

Thank you very much for highlighting this. I did some readings and what you said was true!

I saw a carousell posting about installing white LED head lights and PMed to ask about legality. I was told it is perfectly legal. [mad] Want business then anyhow say.  [furious] 

Turbocharged

I wonder if LTA will come check if a vehicle with original LED headlights were to change to halogen.

I wonder if LTA will come check if a vehicle with original LED headlights were to change to halogen.

I wonder who would be crazy enough to do this lor. Need some serious wiring also. Besides the harnessing, I doubt the stock LED wattage is anywhere near 55w which halogen requires.

• Praise 1

I wonder who would be crazy enough to do this lor. Need some serious wiring also. Besides the harnessing, I doubt the stock LED wattage is anywhere near 55w which halogen requires.

A bit side track is that does anyone feel surprised that car headlight is just 55W? I mean, my reading light is already 40W and is a CFL which should be even brighter at the same wattage. The reflector design must be damn zai.

Pls pls.. If you want to change, do a proper job with the right light alignment. I really hate some Chao beng cars with super bright white light that blind everyone infront.

Light is for safety and if the after mkt light blinds other, it becomes a real safety hazard!

• Praise 3

(edited)

who is the mother f**king prick who gave me -5 for my bright white installation

for your f**king info my light is LTA APPROVED

f**kER ARSEHOLE

Is ur arsehole LTA approved?

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

who is the mother f**king prick who gave me -5 for my bright white installation

for your f**king info my light is LTA APPROVED

f**kER ARSEHOLE

No need to send me private message.

I have the guts to dislike your post, not hide behind the keyboard.

I post your private message to me for all to see.

post-29546-0-40517300-1532789819_thumb.png

• Praise 3

No need to send me private message.

I have the guts to dislike your post, not hide behind the keyboard.

I post your private message to me for all to see.

Fun weekend lol

post-61366-0-65236900-1532791235_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

White color halogen is useless especially on rainy day.

Unless you are able to use 55w halogen bulb which is glaring to other road users.

Color temperature, which is a physical quantity used to define the color of a light source in illumination optics, refers to the color change of the human eye when the light wave is at different energies, and refers to the color of the light. This is directly visible from the parameter box.

The more blue the light color, the higher the color temperature; the lower the color temperature, the lower the color temperature.

3000K yellow light, strong penetrating power;

4300K white with yellow, brightness penetration equalization;

5000K light is white, is the highest color temperature of the European regulations;

6000K light is white, pure white light;

7000K white is obviously blue;

More than 8000K blue light.

Therefore, it is more suitable to select LED headlights with a color temperature between 4300K and 6000K, so that both brightness and penetrating power are considered. It can meet the needs of night driving lighting, and there is no need to worry about the penetrating power of rain and fog.

↡ Advertisement