The (trade) war has started

Civic2000

Bro, you mean you go back liao??

I think boss got more plan and is hiniting me to get ready in 18 months, I sian liao but the money cannot reject

I am not back in Beijing.

I think ppl are preparing to shift out of China with ongoing trade war.

↡ Advertisement

Tough but there are ppl wishing to be in your shoes cos kena retrenched due to trade war.

Hang in there. Better to have a job than jobless, especially during such uncertain times.

Hopefully things will be better soon. Take care.

Safe ride

Cheers

You are right, and usually regional role is of much much better package than local role.

Turbocharged

I am not back in Beijing.

I think ppl are preparing to shift out of China with ongoing trade war.

True, I am one of them affected. Last trip back to SZ, I got to know 2 guys, they also exploroing moving out

Turbocharged

You are right, and usually regional role is of much much better package than local role.

Yes, I agree. But SG is my home and I would one day come back home. Thus, there will be a time where package is not important anymore. It will have to come one day and need to be soon

• Praise 1

This is not quite trade war related, but it is a quite interesting documentary to capture the cultural difference between PRC (to certain extent all east Asian) and american. The documentary follows the opening of new factory at Ohio  by a Chinese billionaire. Full of irony in the show.

Here is the trailer

it is on netflix and produced by Obama's production company, Higher Ground Productions.

Edited by Somewhat1975
  • Praise 1

“I am the chosen one”

And he looked to the sky

American did choose Trump to lead and represent them. Like they always say during their campaign, God bless America.

But he looked at the sky lol

His really a unique character lol. One of the most hardworking one too. China, Canada, Japan, EU tariff. North korea, voided climate change treaty etc. his name appear in international news so much frequent than any others previously in the office. His the 叶問 of America 我要打十個!

• Praise 1

Yes.....

He was the "CHOSEN ONE" who started the Trade War and World depression ... :a-t9412:

I actually think he is doing a good job. He is president of USA, not the world.

• Praise 3

His really a unique character lol. One of the most hardworking one too. China, Canada, Japan, EU tariff. North korea, voided climate change treaty etc. his name appear in international news so much frequent than any others previously in the office. His the 叶問 of America 我要打十個!

You left out greenland, finland and his only friend Britain maybe. I think he is working for something to write about him in history book one day. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

a dramatic escalation of trade war last night

China announced retaliatory tariffs, then Trump hit back again with increased tariffs

stock and bond markets were spooked

look like we will definitely fall into recession this year... no escaping from it