Please help me find this movie

therock

(edited)

Setting up this thread to help myself and others who may have caught a snippet or the whole movie somewhere, like a plane, trailer or something and would like to know what the movie title is, so they can find and watch that movie :)

Some format to help others find the movie for you:

- rough period in which the movie was viewed

- likely year of release of the show, even if you only narrow it down to the decade, it helps

- Western / Chinese / Jap / Korean etc

- genre

So here's my first question:

It was an incidental finding on an recent flight..
What I know

It's release in the recent past - 2016 onwards
It's a Chinese / Korean / HKG / Jap collaboration
Set in WWII, with a Jap treasure involved, and an HKG who plays a kick ass Jap general with a wonderful fight scene at the end
The movie starts with an Indiana Jones / Han Solo type hero rogue who bluffs and cheats his way out of trouble, and a Korean actress who is a spy and kills her Jap army officer husband on a train to secure some map / info..
That's all I have... 

Thanks bros! 
Edited by therock
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Very interesting. I'll buy a beer for anyone who can help me solve this long time mystery for me.

I've been looking for this show for so long but I've never found it. Sometimes i wonder if it was something i dreamt up.

There used to be this animated movie that used to be shown on RTM2 in the late 80s.

It has this jumanji style of plot whereby some people ended up entering a fantasy world in a board game after going into a hut with an old gamemaster who was playing this game.

It was those classical fantasy games ala D&D with dragons etc.

It's not just once, i probably watched it on RTM 2-3 times. But I was so young till this date I don't know what i watched. 

What i know is that it's a animated movie and it's not those 20mins shows like the original D&D cartoon.

Very interesting. I'll buy a beer for anyone who can help me solve this long time mystery for me.

I've been looking for this show for so long but I've never found it. Sometimes i wonder if it was something i dreamt up.

There used to be this animated movie that used to be shown on RTM2 in the late 80s.

It has this jumanji style of plot whereby some people ended up entering a fantasy world in a board game after going into a hut with an old gamemaster who was playing this game.

It was those classical fantasy games ala D&D with dragons etc.

It's not just once, i probably watched it on RTM 2-3 times. But I was so young till this date I don't know what i watched. 

What i know is that it's a animated movie and it's not those 20mins shows like the original D&D cartoon.

wah haha holy crap. I found it myself since google searching has improved over the years.

Bloody awesome

https://www.tor.com/2016/10/12/the-flight-of-dragons-revisiting-a-forgotten-gem-of-80s-fantasy/

• Praise 3

wah haha holy crap. I found it myself since google searching has improved over the years.

Bloody awesome

https://www.tor.com/2016/10/12/the-flight-of-dragons-revisiting-a-forgotten-gem-of-80s-fantasy/

'The Christian imagery was quite heavy' as decribed in the review.

Malaysia allowed this kind of shows to be televised way back then, don't think it would be allowed nowadays.

• Praise 1

'The Christian imagery was quite heavy' as decribed in the review.

Malaysia allowed this kind of shows to be televised way back then, don't think it would be allowed nowadays.

i don't think it's that obvious. well i have to watch the dvd hehe.

still selling on amazon.

Bloody awesome

I remember this one. Something about dragon eat limestone simi simi chemical reaction enable them to fly.

The last fight was the hero non-stop spam scientific formula vs the bad dragon.

SBC like every year show it. Think buy the rights once so keep re-use.

• Praise 2

Setting up this thread to help myself and others who may have caught a snippet or the whole movie somewhere, like a plane, trailer or something and would like to know what the movie title is, so they can find and watch that movie :)

Some format to help others find the movie for you:

- rough period in which the movie was viewed

- likely year of release of the show, even if you only narrow it down to the decade, it helps

- Western / Chinese / Jap / Korean etc

- genre

So here's my first question:

It was an incidental finding on an recent flight..
What I know

It's release in the recent past - 2016 onwards
It's a Chinese / Korean / HKG / Jap collaboration
Set in WWII, with a Jap treasure involved, and an HKG who plays a kick ass Jap general with a wonderful fight scene at the end
The movie starts with an Indiana Jones / Han Solo type hero rogue who bluffs and cheats his way out of trouble, and a Korean actress who is a spy and kills her Jap army officer husband on a train to secure some map / info..
That's all I have... 

Thanks bros! 

Not even a name of an actor or actress? LoL...

↡ Advertisement