COE Bidding – 2nd Round of June 2018

Carbon82

Supersonic

yeah, still waiting..

[laugh]

but i did make effort, i text him about hyundai pricing

Still waiting for the durian to drop ah?!  :secret-laugh:

↡ Advertisement

Many conspiracies about Gov doing this and that. Ultimately, the goal of COE is to manage car growth. Additional revenue is a plus. What the government does is to manage COE quotas, which I think they have been somewhat transparent about.

Why COE is high? Because buyer willing to pay, so dealer willing to bid. If buyer not willing to pay, COE will drop because no demand, until to a level whereby buyers willing to buy. You can say quota drop, COE higher, but if buyer not willing to pay, why would COE go higher?

Ultimately market driven, and i think the Gov got better things to do than to gain revenue through COE.

• Praise 4

Supersonic

They didn't even take over LCR's fleet, why would they buy new?

The way I see it, they want to remain as a platform provider and not run a fleet like LCR. It makes complete business sense as there are so many leasing/rental companies out there providing cars for private hire purposes.

No wonder Grab cars mostly are old cars, unlike uber all are almost brand new cars. Cause they did not buy new.

Twincharged
(edited)

Many conspiracies about Gov doing this and that. Ultimately, the goal of COE is to manage car growth. Additional revenue is a plus. What the government does is to manage COE quotas, which I think they have been somewhat transparent about.

Why COE is high? Because buyer willing to pay, so dealer willing to bid. If buyer not willing to pay, COE will drop because no demand, until to a level whereby buyers willing to buy. You can say quota drop, COE higher, but if buyer not willing to pay, why would COE go higher?

Ultimately market driven, and i think the Gov got better things to do than to gain revenue through COE.

hahaha. This is Singapore INC. the budget is planned based on projected COE income and COE does form a huge part of the income. to dismiss that the revenue from COE is not worthy of attention is rather myopic.

I hope that the Govt got better things to do than to convince and explain to the public why another 2% GST is needed as extra revenue and finally decide that it is better to leave the 7% as is, cause the extra 2% isn't worth the extra efforts

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 7

Supercharged

That is IF Komoco adjusts their pricing accordingly.

Some people have been posting that prices are largely unchanged despite the drop in COE in recent months.

yes, i can vouch for that.

Still waiting for the durian to drop ah?!  :secret-laugh:

no choice.. the durian is very very stubborn..

i have waited almost a year or longer?

until i can't recall..

Supersonic

yes, i can vouch for that.

no choice.. the durian is very very stubborn..

i have waited almost a year or longer?

until i can't recall..

You waited very long liao lo. Think durian already rotten lo.

Turbocharged

COE does form the bulk of government revenue, 5th from the chart. Nevertheless, it's still the overall car price which will be decided by market demand. Revenue can always source from other places. 

post-7510-0-46832900-1529487916_thumb.jpg

• Praise 5

Good chart. COE plus car taxes plus 20 percent of omv in customs/petrol duties add to about 9Bn... Almost as much as Personal Income Tax and GST! One of those 2 may have to go up to compensate lower COE collection.

Neutral Newbie

COE does form the bulk of government revenue, 5th from the chart. Nevertheless, it's still the overall car price which will be decided by market demand. Revenue can always source from other places. 

This excluding selling lands and recycling of L99 HDB ....

That is IF Komoco adjusts their pricing accordingly.

Some people have been posting that prices are largely unchanged despite the drop in COE in recent months.

Actually if COE prices drop but car price remains the same, the AD earns more profit and the buyer actually 'pays' more because with the lower COE value, the paper value decreases. Unless the buyer plans to keep the car for 10 years until COE expires, then COE rebate will always be 0.

Will there be a rush to buy the Elantra because it is not affected by VES? Then Elantra price increases?

(edited)

bro i am shopping for a car but not in hurry

would u suggest i adopt a wait and see, like towards end of 2018 or beginning 2019 to catch low coe / CNY promo special?

just to give my 2cents (if you don't mind).

I think nobody can really predict where COE prices is headed.   It is in a downtrend now and lowest in almost 10 years.  If it falls further, the G may just introduce new policy that may send COE upwards again.

For me, I really think it is really a good time to buy if you have already decided on the car model and is within your budget.

End of the day, one has to take a view of the upcoming COE trend and decide accordingly. 

BTW, I am also actively looking for a new car but the ones that interest me have yet to arrive on our sunny shores.  However, if COE were to drop further, I might just go for another model on my shortlist.

Edited by Lotr
  • Praise 3

Seem like some AD did not choose to bid aggressively this round. Not sure why. Maybe they want to drag out the 6 bids.

just to give my 2cents (if you don't mind).

I think nobody can really predict where COE prices is headed. It is in a downtrend now and lowest in almost 10 years. If it falls further, the G may just introduce new policy that may send COE upwards again.

For me, I really think it is really a good time to buy if you have already decided on the car model and is within your budget.

End of the day, one has to take a view of the upcoming COE trend and decide accordingly.

BTW, I am also actively looking for a new car but the ones that interest me have yet to arrive on our sunny shores. However, if COE were to drop further, I might just go for another model on my shortlist.

thx u bro for your input

Supersonic

Seem like some AD did not choose to bid aggressively this round. Not sure why. Maybe they want to drag out the 6 bids.

No competition from private hire now.

My SE told me I just got my COE. Hooray !

Congrats.

What car?

those non ves impacted cars if drag coe drop further they more profit locked in ma
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Those who managed to secure their COE should say thank you to trump. the months ahead are going to be challenging  for the rich, it is boom time again. 

↡ Advertisement