COE Bidding – 2nd Round of June 2018

Carbon82

Supercharged

Jap swore by the reliability of CVT. Im skeptical after personal experience.

Heard of CVT reliability issue back in 2006 when i chose Latio Premium over 4AT (mainly due to claim better FC with CVT and also the really good Alcantara seat).

Mainly gearbox has fair share of wear and tear. Just that its more ex to overhaul CVT.

Thats why im very sensitive to CVT during testdrive. And SE insist Accent ia 5AT as stated in brochure while i insist its CVT...

End up... SE didnt do his homework

Theres a lady that sold accent for 66999 in april expo carshow with lower interest than KMC stated 2.18...

Dunno how she manage to do that.... hmmmm

sorry to ask,

accent is using 

Transmission 6-speed (A) CVT

is it the same as Latio? 

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

sorry to ask,

accent is using Transmission 6-speed (A) CVT

is it the same as Latio?

Erm. From my understanding, CVT is varying transmisson by ratio. There is no define speeds step Edited by Familymanz

Supersonic

Jap swore by the reliability of CVT. Im skeptical after personal experience.

Heard of CVT reliability issue back in 2006 when i chose Latio Premium over 4AT (mainly due to claim better FC with CVT and also the really good Alcantara seat).

Mainly gearbox has fair share of wear and tear. Just that its more ex to overhaul CVT.

Thats why im very sensitive to CVT during testdrive. And SE insist Accent ia 5AT as stated in brochure while i insist its CVT...

End up... SE didnt do his homework

Theres a lady that sold accent for 66999 in april expo carshow with lower interest than KMC stated 2.18...

Dunno how she manage to do that.... hmmmm

Is CVT common in many cars model now? Like mitsubishi cars and altis?

Is CVT common in many cars model now? Like mitsubishi cars and altis?

I didnt really look ard. But off my mind. Honda Jazz, Mitsubishi Attrage using CVT.

Supersonic

I didnt really look ard. But off my mind. Honda Jazz, Mitsubishi Attrage using CVT.

Looks like cannot escape from CVT cars?!

Turbocharged

Looks like cannot escape from CVT cars?!

CVT is the default automatic transmission nowadays for bread butter cars. 4AT or 5AT is so yesterday like when auto was a novelty in the 90s.

Most of Jap b&b car using CVT nowadays;

Only Mazda lineup use AT.

I had Gearbox problem with both CTV and AT, so not sure which is more reliable and durable;

CVT acceleration is smooth, FC efficiency;

AT kickdown is kind of shiock when going upslope or overtaking;

• Praise 1

Yeah, cars definitely can last (although easier with lesser electronics in the earlier days) with regular maintenance and part changes due to wear and tear.

Renew COE on the whole is definitely cheaper than buying new, if diagnostic and changes is accurate and prompt. Else its a real chore to maintain a car thats over say 8 years when wear and tear set in.

Having said that. I hope this will be my last car and it can last 8-10yrs without major issues.

What about FC? The FC when the car is new will surely be better than their after 10 years older car
  • Praise 1

What about FC? The FC when the car is new will surely be better than their after 10 years older car

Yeah. FC drop quite a fair bit even thought travel pattern remain the same, and EO is consistent same grade.

13+ -> 10+

(edited)

Is it worth to buy a 2015 car with 55k coe now? Same dep as new car about $7.5k.

Considering how may continue to drop to say 20k. Worth to buy? Will upcoming low come impact the decision?

Edited by Wildfaye29

(edited)

CVT is the default automatic transmission nowadays for bread butter cars. 4AT or 5AT is so yesterday like when auto was a novelty in the 90s.

One will regret not having 5AT when the 9 AT kaput and be told by mechanic how much it will cost.

Let go back to guessing if next COE will drop by a few more K.

Edited by Ct3833

Looks like it is all CVT has problem or only Latio CVT has problem?

Normal AT is more reliable than CVT.

My friend latio follow AD regular maintenance schedule and yet still up lorry.

Turbocharged
(edited)

seems like a lot of cars not affected by VES? Thought a lot of dealers posted up to $30k savings for past months, how come pricing for quite a number of cars still almost the same.  [laugh]

Some random pricing from online FB advert. 

Latest New Car Promotions as of 01/07/2018:

1. Honda Fit 1.3GF - $74,888 ($12,888 DP)
2. Honda Freed Hybrid 1.5G - $96,888 ($24,888 DP)
3. Toyota Sienta 1.5G - $92,888 ($23,888 DP)
4. Toyota Noah 1.8X Hybrid - $117,888 ($30,888 DP)

Edited by Dafansu

Turbocharged

Might not have been updated to reflect the ves.

Got 1 PI that I contact say still waiting for the test result for some models.

The above based on latest price list as of today as indicated. There's one PI even put VES in but price down. Unless they never consider VES into the pricing yet.

Turbocharged

The above based on latest price list as of today as indicated. There's one PI even put VES in but price down. Unless they never consider VES into the pricing yet.

I think they’re trying to split the car price and VES, like price before GST. [laugh]
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1