2nd Hand Altis, Jazz or Kia Forte

mack88

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which Model Is More Reliable

• Toyota Altis
    • Honda Jazz
    • Kia Forte

Agree Altis is easiest to maintain.   

However, looking for a used Altis with low mileage may be a tad difficult, need patience and opportunity.    

That's true.

The ones I've seen on Sgcarmart mostly >100k km

New cars got term and conditions and price adjusted upwards liao...and higher down payment. Subaru and those Ang mo cars better not spoilt if not will col. Although they are more comfy.

Why not get a left 6 months altis, drive then scrap. Then get a left 6 months jazz, do the same thing. After that get a left 6mths forte...solve the problem

↡ Advertisement

That's true.

The ones I've seen on Sgcarmart mostly >100k km

Haha..the 6mths route did cross my mind but it's a tad troublesome with all the paper work needed

I drove mine for 6 yrs without issues and sold it off to a friend who is renewing COE.

No problems too.

It's a rather reliable car IMO.

Current ride is a e93 325

You drove for 6 yes...forte? Year of make?

if plan to renew COE, go for altis or jazz.

if drive for short period only then whichever is cheapest with decent condition.

Jazz or forte yrly dep est abt 6-7k+pa for a left 2yrs car. And the altis easily 9k and above

I don't understand y still got ppl think it's worth it to buy an altis, specially if one intend to scrap it after the coe end.

Every yr u got like $2-3k diff for repair and provided altis really nv breakdown n the rest of the 2 model confirm 100% spoil.

Anyone want me to post the review on the negative reviews from sgcarmart abt the Thaiyota altis?

(edited)

Did you see people renew coe for forte?

Seen quite a number of coe altis and jazz running around.

The reason why no renewed COE forte around is because Forte was introduced to the market in 2009, oldest is 9 years old. I have seen renewed COE Hyundai Avantes running around, which is basically sister of Forte, though. General market perception is still Japanese most reliable, but Koreans are actually on par with the Japanese since Hyundai Avantes era which is around 2008.

Edited by Heartbreakid
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

The reason why no renewed COE forte around is because Forte was introduced to the market in 2009, oldest is 9 years old. I have seen renewed COE Hyundai Avantes running around, which is basically sister of Forte, though.

Actually still can find some renewed COE korean cars running on the road la, like cerato, matrix, getz and avante, although the quantity is not as high as altis. 

(edited)

Actually still can find some renewed COE korean cars running on the road la, like cerato, matrix, getz and avante, although the quantity is not as high as altis. 

Yes. You are right. Actually reliability for Korean cars is not an issue, but fuel economy is, but Korean cars are generally heavier than the Japanese. I think this post should change to which car is most fuel economical instead of reliability because I see that all three models mention here do not post an issue with reliability if one maintains the car well.

Edited by Heartbreakid

The reason why no renewed COE forte around is because Forte was introduced to the market in 2009, oldest is 9 years old. I have seen renewed COE Hyundai Avantes running around, which is basically sister of Forte, though. General market perception is still Japanese most reliable, but Koreans are actually on par with the Japanese since Hyundai Avantes era which is around 2008.

My mscp got 3 avante n 1 accent renewed coe

Jazz or forte yrly dep est abt 6-7k+pa for a left 2yrs car. And the altis easily 9k and above

I don't understand y still got ppl think it's worth it to buy an altis, specially if one intend to scrap it after the coe end.

Every yr u got like $2-3k diff for repair and provided altis really nv breakdown n the rest of the 2 model confirm 100% spoil.

Anyone want me to post the review on the negative reviews from sgcarmart abt the Thaiyota altis?

Have you owned an Altis before?

If you want sedan size, I will vote for Altis.

Forget about Forte, that car is heavy, underpower, and higher FC. Reliability wise, Forte also lose out.

I owned a Forte before and after 100k km, parts start failing ie. fuel guage, ABS pump and sensors, steering bushing. And these are on top of the usual wear and tear like absorbers etc. For me, I won't touch another Korean make.

Hi Guys

I'm looking to get a 2nd hand car once my COE is up in 2 months time.

Looking for a car that has another 1-2years left.

Narrowed it down to these few models:

1. Toyota Altis

2. Honda Jazz

3. Kia Forte

Would prefer the car to be easier and cheaper to maintain.

Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!

I'm not an uncle

Haha..you don't need to be an uncle to drive an Altis.

I know many ppl associate Altis to uncle car. To me, it makes no difference to most 1.6 litre family cars like Mazda 3, Forte, Elantra, Civic. All sama sama lah.

Supersonic

Yes. You are right. Actually reliability for Korean cars is not an issue, but fuel economy is, but Korean cars are generally heavier than the Japanese. I think this post should change to which car is most fuel economical instead of reliability because I see that all three models mention here do not post an issue with reliability if one maintains the car well.

Not to forget can also find renewed COE picanto as well. Since there is one renewed COE picanto in my carpark.

If you want sedan size, I will vote for Altis.

Forget about Forte, that car is heavy, underpower, and higher FC. Reliability wise, Forte also lose out.

I owned a Forte before and after 100k km, parts start failing ie. fuel guage, ABS pump and sensors, steering bushing. And these are on top of the usual wear and tear like absorbers etc. For me, I won't touch another Korean make.

One of my neighbour scrap his avante(brought new 10yrs back) and brought a coe altis from a second hand car dealer.Never ask him why?

My cousin also brought a 8yrs old altis 2yrs back and recently just renew coe.According to him,car is very reliable.

I'm not an uncle

So are you an aunty?lol...

Haha..you don't need to be an uncle to drive an Altis.

I know many ppl associate Altis to uncle car. To me, it makes no difference to most 1.6 litre family cars like Mazda 3, Forte, Elantra, Civic. All sama sama lah.

Ppl who buy altis r more conservative

But to be to honest, the new Altis exterior improved alot but the interior cmi.

Supersonic
(edited)

Ppl who buy altis r more conservative

But to be to honest, the new Altis exterior improved alot but the interior cmi.

Altis indeed improved a lot in terms of the exterior design. Even the lastest altis safety features also better, think now comes with 7 airbag?! But the interior at the dashboard area is a step back, really cmi, so 80s and ugly design.

One of my neighbour scrap his avante(brought new 10yrs back) and brought a coe altis from a second hand car dealer.Never ask him why?

My cousin also brought a 8yrs old altis 2yrs back and recently just renew coe.According to him,car is very reliable.

If the car maintain well, altis really quite a reliable car with car parts cheap. Never go wrong renewing COE of altis.

Edited by 13177

If the car maintain well, altis really quite a reliable car with car parts cheap. Never go wrong renewing COE of altis.

If car maintain well and reliable,nothing to shout about.

If car never really maintain and still never break down,then that's  a real work horse.lol....

Supersonic

If car maintain well and reliable,nothing to shout about.

If car never really maintain and still never break down,then that's  a real work horse.lol....

If never maintain well, any car also would breakdown and have problems la. I sat in one Grab altis before, the car should be near 10 year old, think the car never maintain well, could feel the whole car vibrating and the ride not very good. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1