Environmental friendly or over done?

Jman888

Ppl need to understand why the cashiers are giving out more plastic bags before they start to kpkb again lah.

first go compare the quality of the plastic bags, giant has the lowest quality plastic bags (read thin and light), which I suppose is to cut cost, or they follow the quality in MY. Mind you, plastic bags also got grade one hor. 

So if they pack the bags with heavy loads, the ears are going to give way. And who will be blame if the bags break? And then there are ppl who will ask for extra bags to sort things out themselves when cashiers fill up the bags. LPPL.

give less tio kan, give more tio kpkb waste plastic bags, KNN $1000 a month cashier job, you guys think they hold PhD meh.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

if u watch those documentry , u will know how long plastic can stay on earth without discompose.

its exactly there is no proper way to get rid of them without harming the enviroment, thats why they come out with laws to start baning them.

anw its just a trial now at KFC , money is the most important factor,

if this trial cut down KFC income,  i dun believe they will contuine also <_<

Yes, those stories does seem so terrible.

But was wondering how come science cannot come out with some plastic desolving solution/chemical to melt and restore it into its natural forms? and then can re-use them!

Anyways where doew raw plastics come from??? Must be from earth and it can go back to earth... literally! 

Twincharged
(edited)

As the saying in Malay, "Sikit-sikit, lama-lama jadi bukit", while I would not say that KFC or the other organization are over-doing it in the name of being environmental friendly, everyone need to re-look at the definition of "Environmental Friendly".

I read with dismay that McDonald is going to implement paper straw and so are many other calling for replacement of plastic bags with paper. Not too long ago, we are seeing advertisement everywhere advocating the reduction of paper usage... and some of it is not workable in real life (e.g. go digital, and people still print the document on paper for "easy reading")

Yes, paper can be recycled, and so are most of the thermoplastics... I do agree that we consumer play a very important role in waste reduction, and education should be the key. BUT please do not waste more material in the process of education, such as using new straw for creating "recycled art"...

Humans are always contradicting themselves

Edited by Ysc3

Twincharged

Yes, those stories does seem so terrible.

But was wondering how come science cannot come out with some plastic desolving solution/chemical to melt and restore it into its natural forms? and then can re-use them!

Anyways where doew raw plastics come from??? Must be from earth and it can go back to earth... literally! 

I thought recently there was some news that a new enzyme has been discovered/created to "eat" plastic ?

Ppl need to understand why the cashiers are giving out more plastic bags before they start to kpkb again lah.

first go compare the quality of the plastic bags, giant has the lowest quality plastic bags (read thin and light), which I suppose is to cut cost, or they follow the quality in MY. Mind you, plastic bags also got grade one hor. 

So if they pack the bags with heavy loads, the ears are going to give way. And who will be blame if the bags break? And then there are ppl who will ask for extra bags to sort things out themselves when cashiers fill up the bags. LPPL.

give less tio kan, give more tio kpkb waste plastic bags, KNN $1000 a month cashier job, you guys think they hold PhD meh.  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

in Hainan supermarket, I paid 50 cents(rmb) for each plastic bag ... but their plastic bag damn thick and strong !! very worth it !

exactly!!!!. [laugh]  [laugh] 

I think for KFC is cost, let the big M go find the other alternative, old colonel can always copy later. Meanwhile, no problem with customers go coop straws from else where. I am sure KFC not going to put up a sign " no straws allowed".   [:p]

so troublesome for what ??

all might as well do away with the paper cups as well .. and all serve canned drinks instead !

all the spent alum cans can also be recycled also mah ... and I can't imagine walking around with a paper cup and drinking the same time, but its doable with a can drink.

coffee shop sell $1.20 per can, so fast food also sell $1.20 lor ...

Supercharged

if u watch those documentry , u will know how long plastic can stay on earth without discompose.

its exactly there is no proper way to get rid of them without harming the enviroment, thats why they come out with laws to start baning them.

anw its just a trial now at KFC , money is the most important factor,

if this trial cut down KFC income, i dun believe they will contuine also <_<

Lol... cost will come from you and my pocket.

Once started there is no turning back liao, their reputation will be at stake if turn back.

Electric car does have little contaminants to the enviornment BUT how about the batteries? When its time to change them, they also contribute to the contamination of the enviornment.

Best is go back to steam engines using nuke materials.... only steam as bi-products. But again, how about the used nuke rods? Still back to square 1.... hahaha!

In the end, you have to sacrifice something for something.

nuclear plant have waste also .

they just never show the ugly side of it. most of the first world country throw away their nuclear waste at some poor third world country eg in africa for money.

these waste is much worst then plastic.

• Praise 3

Supercharged

I thought recently there was some news that a new enzyme has been discovered/created to "eat" plastic ?

in Hainan supermarket, I paid 50 cents(rmb) for each plastic bag ... but their plastic bag damn thick and strong !! very worth it !

so troublesome for what ??

all might as well do away with the paper cups as well .. and all serve canned drinks instead !

all the spent alum cans can also be recycled also mah ... and I can't imagine walking around with a paper cup and drinking the same time, but its doable with a can drink.

coffee shop sell $1.20 per can, so fast food also sell $1.20 lor ...

Its a good chance for you to design a better paper cup and patent it. Then u will be the father of the "new" paper cup.

Twincharged

Its a good chance for you to design a better paper cup and patent it. Then u will be the father of the "new" paper cup.

i'll stick to the alum can ... anyway, I don't have the habit of buying overpriced drinks from the eateries ... no not much issue.

I usually eat at the eatery then go to the nearest 7-11 to buy the drink on offer.

Supersonic

Electric car does have little contaminants to the enviornment BUT how about the batteries? When its time to change them, they also contribute to the contamination of the enviornment.

Best is go back to steam engines using nuke materials.... only steam as bi-products. But again, how about the used nuke rods? Still back to square 1.... hahaha!

Looking forward towards using hydrogen fuel. Toyota is heading new direction towards that fuel.

Moreover battery technologies are improving. Let's hope the future of a more lasting battery (reliable and safe) that creates less wastage will come soon.

Lol... cost will come from you and my pocket.

Once started there is no turning back liao, their reputation will be at stake if turn back.

KFC can go back to the days of using cutlery.

Use those washable plates, cutlery, cups and metal straws.

If don't wear lipstick why need straw?

If cannot drink without dribbling can use baby cup with the built in straw on the lid.

:D

• Praise 1

When i was in Beijing, it is the same.  I need to pay 50 cents for each plastic bag.

Only Lao Wai buy plastic bag to pack groceries.

Actually, the best is still bicycle.

My fren has a bicycle pram to ferry his young kids.

Nuke waste has life beyond human civilisation.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

In the future, when natural resources are almost depleted,the human population on the decline, I think their history book will be blaming the 20th and 21st century generation for the accelerated depletion..

• Praise 3

Twincharged

When i was in Beijing, it is the same.  I need to pay 50 cents for each plastic bag.

Only Lao Wai buy plastic bag to pack groceries.

so about SGD0.10 each lah ... but quality super strong !!

In the future, when natural resources are almost depleted,the human population on the decline, I think their history book will be blaming the 20th and 21st century generation for the accelerated depletion..

Beginning from the Industrial Age, humans have exploited the planet’s resources at a level beyond their need. The subsequent centuries are merely a continuation of that same greed and exploitation based on a concept known as capitalism.

Hypersonic
(edited)

We got what we deserved.

Sometimes I walk in to a shop, I see hundreds of handphone cover for 1 phone model. Is it really necessary?

Many other things too...totally unnecessary.

Too many resources used for bo liao things.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Beginning from the Industrial Age, humans have exploited the planetâs resources at a level beyond their need. The subsequent centuries are merely a continuation of that same greed and exploitation based on a concept known as capitalism.

It's not just about exploiting the resources, but overpopulation too.

Just look at the population growth now, compared to the times before the Industrial Age.

Our blooming global population is our own doing to destroy ourselves at a very fast pace.

↡ Advertisement