2018 Volvo S60 (3rd Gen) & V60 (2nd Gen)

Carbon82

5 hours ago, douglassim said:

Did my coating outside, after neg together w my colleague car. They gave us $400 for each car. So i went with them, 6 months already and the coating still durable\last.

Wah $400 sounds like a steal. Will do it outside next time. Did it with the AD purely out of convenience.

I suspect the coat can last longer than 6 mths especially when the cars are parked indoors most of the time these days. But how to tell if it has worn off ha ha. 

↡ Advertisement

18 minutes ago, jammer_sg said:

Wah $400 sounds like a steal. Will do it outside next time. Did it with the AD purely out of convenience.

I suspect the coat can last longer than 6 mths especially when the cars are parked indoors most of the time these days. But how to tell if it has worn off ha ha. 

For me, the coating is more to repel water droplets. [Water droplets will not stick to Car paint] For bird shit; tree sap; bat shit suppose to just wipe and it will come off. Shine on the car is another way to tell if the coating wore off. 

Can refer to the URL, 

3 hours ago, Spring said:

Is it a must to trade in car to enjoy the promo prices? N if yes, did u guys get a fair price or just  paper value plus body?

Just kaypoh for future reference , does fair price means straight line depre?

how much body value can a 2nd car get? E.g. 3 years old 40k km camry. 5k? 10k?

I just presume dealers will buy at paper + body and sell at straight line depre to maximize profit

29 minutes ago, Lotr said:

Just kaypoh for future reference , does fair price means straight line depre?

how much body value can a 2nd car get? E.g. 3 years old 40k km camry. 5k? 10k?

I just presume dealers will buy at paper + body and sell at straight line depre to maximize profit

Fair price to me means close to what dealers in Car quotz are offering. Different periods mean u can’t hv a fixed formula for calculation eg now u can’t get a really good price vs say 6mths ago. 

I don’t think it’s fair to pay scrap value plus body for a 3 to 5 yrs old car but if it’s a 8 to 9 yrs old car then perhaps it’s ok. 

Anyway my point is that if Volvo is offering this VFM new car offer but give low prices for trade in then this has to be considered in the overall price package. 

By the way, I don’t think u can use straight line depreciation as 1st few years depre is always more than later years. 

• Praise 8

Supercharged

I did inquired with volvo bout their promos earlier. A bit kaypoh here n there and u know lar. Cb time meana u got more free time. 

The volvo promo was like limited choice of colors. Cars. Etc. So i just pick3d the v60 as a gauge. 139k with coe. But they take in my 3yrs old ride at half the price i paid for. 

Okay lar. 1. Coe was high then at 50k. So at low coe times, your trade in gonna be dead anyway but just that volvo's trade in offer was a quam too low.

I did inquire agar agar later on with sgquote. It was ard 10percent higher for my current ride.

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Spring said:

Fair price to me means close to what dealers in Car quotz are offering. Different periods mean u can’t hv a fixed formula for calculation eg now u can’t get a really good price vs say 6mths ago. 

I don’t think it’s fair to pay scrap value plus body for a 3 to 5 yrs old car but if it’s a 8 to 9 yrs old car then perhaps it’s ok. 

Anyway my point is that if Volvo is offering this VFM new car offer but give low prices for trade in then this has to be considered in the overall price package. 

By the way, I don’t think u can use straight line depreciation as 1st few years depre is always more than later years. 

Agreed. Not only the trade-in value, we should also consider the min loan amt and tenure, as well as in-house insurance as part of the package of a new car. There are so many ways dealers can make money out of a vehicle sale.

• Praise 4

2 hours ago, Spurman said:

I did inquired with volvo bout their promos earlier. A bit kaypoh here n there and u know lar. Cb time meana u got more free time. 

The volvo promo was like limited choice of colors. Cars. Etc. So i just pick3d the v60 as a gauge. 139k with coe. But they take in my 3yrs old ride at half the price i paid for. 

Okay lar. 1. Coe was high then at 50k. So at low coe times, your trade in gonna be dead anyway but just that volvo's trade in offer was a quam too low.

I did inquire agar agar later on with sgquote. It was ard 10percent higher for my current ride.

How come during CB you more free while I became busier bcoz lack of meeting rooms is no longer an obstacle to being invited for meetings? 😭

I should work in your company. Do you guys need an over-age office boy? 

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
6 minutes ago, firefly20 said:

How come during CB you more free while I became busier bcoz lack of meeting rooms is no longer an obstacle to being invited for meetings? 😭

I should work in your company. Do you guys need an over-age office boy? 

Mine is supply of construction materials.

Clients all locked up mah.

Supercharged

Imho. The s60 r.design at 129k plus 10k confirmed thingy or s60 normal 119k plus 10k thingy is a good deal despite the cor uncertainty.

We wont know if coe will go below 20k or even 10k or not. Hehe.

Actually s90 at 149k plus 10k is also a good deal.

(edited)
14 hours ago, Spurman said:

Imho. The s60 r.design at 129k plus 10k confirmed thingy or s60 normal 119k plus 10k thingy is a good deal despite the cor uncertainty.

We wont know if coe will go below 20k or even 10k or not. Hehe.

Actually s90 at 149k plus 10k is also a good deal.

Yah, the S90 looks good at $159K, that's just $9K more than when I got my existing S60. Now thinking where I kept my biscuit tins again, lol.

Ok ok, I need to slap myself to wake up from this dream and remind myself that it's not wise to commit a gaffe by driving a bigger car than my boss. 😁

Edited by firefly20
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, flashbang said:

What, S90 at 160k? That's fire sale pricing.

Errr ... MIC leh

7 hours ago, firefly20 said:

Yah, the S90 looks good at $159K, that's just $9K more than when I got my existing S60. Now thinking where I kept my biscuit tins again, lol.

Ok ok, I need to slap myself to wake up from this dream and remind myself that it's not wise to commit a gaffe by driving a bigger car than my boss. 😁

Totally agree, could have gotten it if the promo is during November last yr. lol 

Office people will also start to stare at me if I drove S90 to work. 🤣

Ha ha ha, indeed not the smartest choice at this point in time to drive a car bigger than the bosses. 

Was surprised that the S90 is MIC cause it is supposed to be a more premium product. The current price does make it a tantalizing buy. Nearly 4 years old, due for some sort of facelift soon perhaps. 

27 minutes ago, jammer_sg said:

Ha ha ha, indeed not the smartest choice at this point in time to drive a car bigger than the bosses. 

Was surprised that the S90 is MIC cause it is supposed to be a more premium product. The current price does make it a tantalizing buy. Nearly 4 years old, due for some sort of facelift soon perhaps. 

XC60 also MIC, iirc

25 minutes ago, jammer_sg said:

Yah the S90 and XC60 are MIC. I’m actually okay with that as I still see Volvo more as a Swedish brand (good marketing at work). 

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, douglassim said:

Totally agree, could have gotten it if the promo is during November last yr. lol 

Office people will also start to stare at me if I drove S90 to work. 🤣

I think the best part of the S90 is the central armrest. Looked really luxurious w/o costing a bomb. 

Mabbe next time if my son can get uni scholarship, then I can redeploy the biscuit tin I reserved for his uni fees to get this. 

Yah, dreaming is free of charge. 😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged

MIC doesn't matter. QC still controlled by the brand. Almost everything is MIC nowadays. As long as the brand is good, the quality is there.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2