2018 Volvo S60 (3rd Gen) & V60 (2nd Gen)

Carbon82

11 hours ago, jammer_sg said:

For pure EV, I doubt 60,000 charging points are sufficient. That is only around 10% of 2020’s total car population. Unless they implement some kind of slot reservations for charging, are you going to hang around and wait for someone to promptly vacate the charging station once he is done?

Those who often head north across the causeway probably opt for Hybrid. But the current carrot being dangled is only for early pure EV adaptation. Infrastructure far from ready yet they want people to “kee chiu” to take the 1st sucker bite 🤷🏻‍♂.

For me, beside the price.

I am leaning towards Hybrid instead of EV.

If EV, I might as well be a Blue SG member. LOL

At the meantime, I am waiting for Infrastructure of Charging to be made available easily. [looking at 2030 and beyond]

↡ Advertisement

37 minutes ago, douglassim said:

For me, beside the price.

I am leaning towards Hybrid instead of EV.

If EV, I might as well be a Blue SG member. LOL

At the meantime, I am waiting for Infrastructure of Charging to be made available easily. [looking at 2030 and beyond]

You are definitely right here. I'm thinking similarly. 

I can imagine running out of battery. It's not like we can just bring a power bank to charge it.

On 4/15/2021 at 8:08 AM, Calvin8808 said:

She has a few sisters and all same pattern one. It seems to run in their family. 

Considering that you married her daughter, this is such a dangerous statement!

On 4/17/2021 at 8:16 PM, firefly20 said:

Considering that you married her daughter, this is such a dangerous statement!

Cos different surname. 😂

It runs in the same surname family.

• Haha! 1

On 4/16/2021 at 3:28 PM, Calvin8808 said:

You are definitely right here. I'm thinking similarly. 

I can imagine running out of battery. It's not like we can just bring a power bank to charge it.

Yo Buddy,

You have just given an idea of Power bank for EV.

Not surprise, in few years this technology is available. 🙂  

Instead of AD/PI giving charging cable, they bundle with power bank. LOL [Keep inside under the boot]

Edited by douglassim

23 hours ago, douglassim said:

Yo Buddy,

You have just given an idea of Power bank for EV.

Not surprise, in few years this technology is available. 🙂  

Instead of AD/PI giving charging cable, they bundle with power bank. LOL [Keep inside under the boot]

Imagine pulling out a small fossil fuel portable power generator from the boot, sit by the kerb side for 5-10 mins to put enough juice into the batt before heading for the nearest available charging station lol. 

• Haha! 3

21 hours ago, jammer_sg said:

Imagine pulling out a small fossil fuel portable power generator from the boot, sit by the kerb side for 5-10 mins to put enough juice into the batt before heading for the nearest available charging station lol. 

Well Buddy,

Sometime crazy ideas, make people rich.

$$$$$$$$$

In Spore context, is Entrepreneurship. 🙂

• Haha! 1

50 minutes ago, douglassim said:

Well Buddy,

Sometime crazy ideas, make people rich.

$$$$$$$$$

In Spore context, is Entrepreneurship. 🙂

Well whoever can come out with an universal portable power bank that can charge an EV safely is sure to make big bucks especially if you can get it patented.

Most people concern is range anxiety which is what is one of the barriers to mass adoption of EVs.

Imagine you can invent something like that. You can sell it to the car manufacturers (perhaps in return for a stake in their company) or EV owners.

1 hour ago, Calvin8808 said:

Well whoever can come out with an universal portable power bank that can charge an EV safely is sure to make big bucks especially if you can get it patented.

Most people concern is range anxiety which is what is one of the barriers to mass adoption of EVs.

Imagine you can invent something like that. You can sell it to the car manufacturers (perhaps in return for a stake in their company) or EV owners.

you dont need a powerbank. some china EV such as NIO already have the technology of swapping batteries in place, don't even need to waste time charging but just swap out the batteries. 

• Praise 1

50 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

you dont need a powerbank. some china EV such as NIO already have the technology of swapping batteries in place, don't even need to waste time charging but just swap out the batteries. 

If have that techonlogy already in place, something like rechargable batteries.

No issue to charge at home or in Car while travelling. [to generate power to charge]

we as drivers can just replace once the battery is flat and move off again. [While the drain out battery either can charge at home or while travelling]

Then I am wondering what will happen to Singapore Jurong Island? [Petro Chemical Industries]

Maybe the world will run out of Oil in near future?

56 minutes ago, ferrytales said:

1 minute ago, douglassim said:

No issue to charge at home or in Car while travelling. [to generate power to charge]

we as drivers can just replace once the battery is flat and move off again. [While the drain out battery either can charge at home or while travelling]

Then I am wondering what will happen to Singapore Jurong Island? [Petro Chemical Industries]

Sorry to burst the bubble. The battery swapping is not like you can just take the batteries out from your backpack or boot and just replace it like it's some portable batteries. 

The swap need to be  done professionally at some battery swapping station.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33670482/nio-swappable-batteries-lease/

Most people concern are if I drive halfway and I run out of battery how?

Unless the swapping station is as many as petrol kiosks.

• Praise 2

On 4/21/2021 at 10:21 AM, ferrytales said:

I know they can do so for EV motorcycles. I saw it is a interchangeable boxed batt. No way at current stage for EV cars. Their batt occupy pretty much the entire under belly, coming in various forms and shapes moulded after the chassis. 

On 4/21/2021 at 11:15 AM, douglassim said:

They will still be alive, supplying the next addict which is difficult to shake off, plastic.

Interesting that s60 model is no longer on sale

Launch of current model was only in Sept 2019 

and taken off in early 2021 with the hybrid and now also taken off

anyone knows if a facelift one is coming

• Praise 3

2 hours ago, Newbie26 said:

Hot cakes...or currency exchange deemed not worth it? 

19 hours ago, Newbie26 said:

supply not catching up with demand. but i guess can look forward to the mild hybrid versions soon.

no facelift for the s60 yet as it is still relatively new. facelift for the s90 is starting to arrive on our shores.

• Praise 1