2018 Volvo S60 (3rd Gen) & V60 (2nd Gen)

Carbon82

Hi bosses,

Anyone one installed aftermarket dash cam + back up battery for S60/V60? Will Wearnes make noise and void warranty etc?

Can intro experience installer? TIA

On 1/29/2022 at 11:25 PM, Keromond said:

Hi bosses,

Anyone one installed aftermarket dash cam + back up battery for S60/V60? Will Wearnes make noise and void warranty etc?

Not warnes but my other AD insist that once u tapped on the canbus all the warranty is void as long as electrical issue or batt related issues.

only way is to ensure that your electrical connection is tapped to what is called a fuse connector wire to tapped the power. Also ensure the car cam has a battery pack to discharge/hold charge to the cam. 

point is as long as you do not touch the original wiring but instead, consume power like you would at home using is 3 pin plug, there is no issues. 

Hi bosses,

use ciggy point to charge backup battery is the safest option.

Hi bosses,

My Sales Consultant told me it will (warranty related to battery and electronics)

So either wait till warranty over or make sure you remove all traces of installation of after market dash cam before you go back for any claims.

Seems that since Jul 22, both my sales and service consultants have left Wearnes. Recently went back to check on some console warning msg, and was surprised that the customer area was staffed with so few pple at 9am. 

It looks a bit sad tbh. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi my S60 (2020) has been having power seat problem on passenger seat (cannot move).  Replaced power seat module but still happens.  Going to Volvo service again.  

Anyone encountered same problem? 

37 minutes ago, Chipwee said:

@douglassim It is still under warranty & I don't have to pay.  Just feel frustrated it is not solved & want to know if anyone encountered same problem & what is the root cause. 

They don't build them like they used to! If it is not module maybe motor(s) or harness. Isn't S60 Made In China now? 

Edited by Volvobrick

18 hours ago, Volvobrick said:

They don't build them like they used to! If it is not module maybe motor(s) or harness. Isn't S60 Made In China now? 

As to my knowledge,

S60 is from USA.

S90 is from China.

Not too sure, moving forward will be more models from USA or China.