2018 Volvo S60 (3rd Gen) & V60 (2nd Gen)

Carbon82

6 hours ago, Sdf4786k said:

Wow .. Volvo got 4 seat belts behind .. solid 

Not 4seat belts, 1 kid sit on adult lap. so only 3 seat belts

↡ Advertisement

4 hours ago, Fat_slayer said:

Can you share with is your actual mileage or FC for your S60T5?  Thanks...

with the CB; less than 6k Mileage done. FC means Fuel Consumption? if so, then 15L/100km

4 hours ago, firefly20 said:Yah I know what you mean. City Safety activated for me 3 times so far. The latter two were real positive but the 1st time happened when I was at the gantry during my initial week of ownership.

I had an old habit of inching forward such that the bonnet would be underneath the gantry barrier. Then city safety activated and braking force was so abrupt I tot I was rear-ended. Thankfully this never happen again once I learned to keep a small distance between car and gantry and hold on to the brake. 

for me the city safety activated when it detected a motorcycle moving fast and near car rear. The seat belt fasten and tightened. not too sure consider city safety or not. in total activated 5-6 times for front collision, although I feel can brake on time. Lol

13 hours ago, douglassim said:

for me the city safety activated when it detected a motorcycle moving fast and near car rear. The seat belt fasten and tightened. not too sure consider city safety or not. in total activated 5-6 times for front collision, although I feel can brake on time. Lol

I saw from pics that City Safety sensitivity can be configured. I think steering feedback, braking power, powertrain and a host of other vehicle characteristics can be configured based on individual preferences. These are options that were absent in my current S60. Hopefully they are also available in the base trim as well.

I was seriously thinking of getting the RAV4 which is an amazing vehicle in itself. I was impressed with the new efficient engine and the new Direct Shift CVT which should eliminate the rubber band effect to a large extent. I think I should have 2 more vehicle purchases left in me, so mabbe next time. Anyway I digressed.

14 hours ago, douglassim said:

with the CB; less than 6k Mileage done. FC means Fuel Consumption? if so, then 15L/100km

Thanks for the info.... yes I mean the fuel consumption.  15L/100km seems a bit on the high side comparing with the current competitors...

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Fat_slayer said:

Thanks for the info.... yes I mean the fuel consumption.  15L/100km seems a bit on the high side comparing with the current competitors...

you are correct, not 1 of the best fuel consumption car.

but i do sometimes, put into dynamic mode to drive. not too sure if All Wheel drive plays a part too. 

1 hour ago, firefly20 said:

I saw from pics that City Safety sensitivity can be configured. I think steering feedback, braking power, powertrain and a host of other vehicle characteristics can be configured based on individual preferences. These are options that were absent in my current S60. Hopefully they are also available in the base trim as well.

I was seriously thinking of getting the RAV4 which is an amazing vehicle in itself. I was impressed with the new efficient engine and the new Direct Shift CVT which should eliminate the rubber band effect to a large extent. I think I should have 2 more vehicle purchases left in me, so mabbe next time. Anyway I digressed.

Just enjoy your new S60 drive, if need to change car due to whatever reason. i think you will make the right decision.

• Praise 1

6th Gear
16 hours ago, douglassim said:

Not 4seat belts, 1 kid sit on adult lap. so only 3 seat belts

Errr,  volvo cars are very safe but human behavior not safe.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, mersaylee said:

agreed

that's total failure, lol.

But on the bright side is an older model. newer model should be fine, i guess. 

From the collision avoidance i am encountering. LMAO 

Twincharged
On 5/7/2020 at 4:31 PM, firefly20 said:

Unfortunately under the current climate (AD slashing prices and 2nd hand dealers bleeding), it’s difficult to expect more.  I had 3 quotations from different AD, and wowo was the only one that gave slightly higher than scrap value.

Of course 1 option is to sell the car myself but with a COE in excess of $60K, I think that would  be a futile exercise.   

selling your high coe car makes sense

even if they have offered u near scrap value, your last 3 year of depr is around 7k+/year after PARF. This is probably around 5-8k less than market asking price.

If ur coe is 10k, then getting offered near scrap value would have resulted in a greater loss

Congrats on ur new S60. 129K is great value.

car was selling for 165-170k nett in first few months of launch, so 30-40k less! 

• Praise 3

On 5/8/2020 at 11:40 PM, car50 said:

selling your high coe car makes sense

even if they have offered u near scrap value, your last 3 year of depr is around 7k+/year after PARF. This is probably around 5-8k less than market asking price.

If ur coe is 10k, then getting offered near scrap value would have resulted in a greater loss

Congrats on ur new S60. 129K is great value.

car was selling for 165-170k nett in first few months of launch, so 30-40k less! 

I totally agree with @Car50, huge savings. Bought mine when the price is kindda high, but enjoying the drive. 

• Praise 1

Any Bros looking to get Volvo Cars in coming days.

Please quote Douglas Sim, so we both can get:

Referral Programme – refer a friend to buy a Volvo and each of you will receive $1,000 in Service Credits

Thanks in Advance.

On 5/12/2020 at 5:17 PM, douglassim said:

Any Bros looking to get Volvo Cars in coming days.

Please quote Douglas Sim, so we both can get:

Referral Programme – refer a friend to buy a Volvo and each of you will receive $1,000 in Service Credits

Thanks in Advance.

Even better Promo now

Volvo Promo.JPG

Supercharged
3 hours ago, douglassim said:

Even better Promo now

Volvo Promo.JPG

129k plus 10k. 139k.

if coe 30k. Still pay 139k.

If coe 15k. Pay 139k minus 5k. 134k rite.

If coe 10k. Pay 129k rite

My simple decode. Hee.

• Praise 1

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Spurman said:

129k plus 10k. 139k.

My simple decode. Hee.

If my current ride is 6 to 9yrs old. Will trade in liao for the v60. Hehe.

• Praise 2

13 hours ago, Spurman said:

129k plus 10k. 139k.

My simple decode. Hee.

Highest Payment 139k, lowest 129k for a XC40; S60 & V60 consider good deal?

if you have a Vehicle to trade in, maybe you can get it for slightly more than 100k? LOL

↡ Advertisement