2018 Volvo S60 (3rd Gen) & V60 (2nd Gen)

Carbon82

Supercharged
(edited)
55 minutes ago, douglassim said:

Highest Payment 139k, lowest 129k for a XC40; S60 & V60 consider good deal?

if you have a Vehicle to trade in, maybe you can get it for slightly more than 100k? LOL

and getting in debt again for the next 5-7 yrs...

current environment is a scary proposition, my 2 cents..[smallcry] …

I was looking at the XC60 3 mths ago, they were having promo and nett price was attractive then below 190k, however didn't bite....

On hindsight, with the current environment, i will stay debt free for a little longer

Edited by Spidey10
additions
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supercharged
58 minutes ago, douglassim said:

Highest Payment 139k, lowest 129k for a XC40; S60 & V60 consider good deal?

if you have a Vehicle to trade in, maybe you can get it for slightly more than 100k? LOL

I quite like the v60

It got the looks. Space not too shabby. Though smaller than the passats. camrys. A6. 5 series. Etc. 

Seems bigger than altis. Civic.

Trade in tbh, will suck big time now as coe drops. Thats y i say if your cae is near scrap or left a few yrs only. Good for trade in

• Praise 2

I think I read it here somewhere the effective price is actually still around 160k...high over trade value to lure buyers in...with over 2% interest rate and min 7 yrs loan period.

1 hour ago, Spidey10 said:

and getting in debt again for the next 5-7 yrs...

current environment is a scary proposition, my 2 cents..[smallcry] …

I was looking at the XC60 3 mths ago, they were having promo and nett price was attractive then below 190k, however didn't bite....

On hindsight, with the current environment, i will stay debt free for a little longer

you are correct, with the current situation. Can't take things for granted, like pay cut; retrenchment all that. Kind of scary, i saw a few cars here at my home carpark on tow dunno due to service, breakdown or can't pay. 

• Sad 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

I think I read it here somewhere the effective price is actually still around 160k...high over trade value to lure buyers in...with over 2% interest rate and min 7 yrs loan period.

well, all AD will not do lose money deals. best situation is actually break even, which i don't foresee given current situation also. All AD is coming out with Sales Strategy to entice customers, as we all know people will still but cars. Even when COE went up to 90k that period.

Edited by douglassim

Volvo looks like good deal though I did not enquire in further detail.

One qn for me is whether COE will fall in the current economic condition.

And LTA still haven't say what will happen to the 2 months COEs

1 hour ago, Lotr said:

These few months is for those Car owners that either need to scrap Car or change. [5 yrs onwards]. Then could be a good deal for them.

For those who can wait to change, please hold on. New models of Car Brands are coming in.

https://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=3860 

• Praise 2

This is what I got from a SE...

139k is nett inclusive of the 10k top up for guaranteed COE, a trade in car, min 80k loan at 2.28% for 7 years plus in house insurance. 

top up another 5k if only wish to take one year car loan. 

only ex-stocks/demo/showroom cars available, no mgmt unit. Last unit left for the V60T4 and it’s a demo unit. 

• Praise 1

Twincharged
13 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

139k is nett inclusive of the 10k top up for guaranteed COE, a trade in car, min 80k loan at 2.28% for 7 years plus in house insurance. 

only ex-stocks/demo/showroom cars available, no mgmt unit. Last unit left for the V60T4 and it’s a demo unit. 

Interest rates drop so much and still 2.28% for 7years? 

20 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Interest rates drop so much and still 2.28% for 7years? 

Tell me about it. Even used car dealers also asking 1.8-1.9% 

Hi all,

Just joined the Volvo family. Been driving the new S60 T4 for close to 2 months.

Still quite a good deal when we bought it. First car so nothing to trade in for and of course with the in house financing as well at 2.28% (lock down period 2 years).

Been enjoying the new ride. Hopefully it will serve us well given the crazy prices we have to pay for it. In terms of fuel consumption, not too bad at 8L/100Km (12.5 vs 13.7Km/L as advertised). Surprised to learn that douglassim’s T5 model is doing 15L/100Km.

I understand there are 2 Volvo clubs in SG. Just wonder any of them are worth joining to share information about our cars.

• Praise 2

9 hours ago, jammer_sg said:

Hi all,

Just joined the Volvo family. Been driving the new S60 T4 for close to 2 months.

Still quite a good deal when we bought it. First car so nothing to trade in for and of course with the in house financing as well at 2.28% (lock down period 2 years).

Been enjoying the new ride. Hopefully it will serve us well given the crazy prices we have to pay for it. In terms of fuel consumption, not too bad at 8L/100Km (12.5 vs 13.7Km/L as advertised). Surprised to learn that douglassim’s T5 model is doing 15L/100Km.

I understand there are 2 Volvo clubs in SG. Just wonder any of them are worth joining to share information about our cars.

what is your driving style? totally nv care about FC and just drive as you wished? that should be the way. so i believe douglassim drive it this way thus the FC.

i personally find a car shouldnt even have eco(retard) mode, makes the car limping.

10 hours ago, jammer_sg said:

Hi all,

Regard FC, a lot depends on journey patterns and driving styles. I'm heavy footed and daily journey is 50% city and 50% highway (this is also jam packed along AYE). I'm doing 9.5 km/l on my 2013 S60 T4 (1.6 turbo). Before this car, I was only doing 8.8 km/l on my Japanese 2.0 NA MPV for the same journey. 

The only cars I could get around 12 km/l are Mazda 3 and Civic but those cars, no matter how hard I pressed the throttle, refused to accelerate. 

13 hours ago, mersaylee said:

I think under the current climate, it' possible to negotiate different loan amt and tenure so as to reduce the interest payable. It's up to the individual to strike a balance between keeping more money in the bank, or dumping more out for the car purchase.

• Praise 1

On 5/15/2020 at 12:27 PM, Lotr said:

I feel that it's foregone conclusion that COE will fall. I've never seen so many AD having fire sale at the same time, which suggests that car sales aren't happening at the moment. Imagine when perennial favs Merc and Toyota are so aggressive in their advertising, one can guess how bad things really are.

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Dannnn said:

what is your driving style? totally nv care about FC and just drive as you wished? that should be the way. so i believe douglassim drive it this way thus the FC.

i personally find a car shouldnt even have eco(retard) mode, makes the car limping.

I am not a paddle to the metal guy. I enjoy driving and doing so efficiently. I have been driving mostly overseas. It had been more enjoyable, where else I am cursing and swearing since I started driving here. We only got the car this year because of the kids.

Starting off the line at traffic lights, if I were the 2nd car, by the time I match the 1st car’s speed, I would have opened up a 2 car length gap. Gentle on the fuel consumption at the same time safe distancing. Cruising wise, I would be your typical middle lane guy. I will drive at the speed limit, overtake slower traffic (+10 max to overtake), move back to the middle lane. Being a 2L car, there is minimal accelerator application and doing 1,500rpm most of the time. Slowing down and stopping I would maximise idle glide. I do manual down shift (wish I have paddle shifters) if traffic permits. I avoid using brakes if I can help it. I do not like scrubbing brake dusts off my rims and it would also mean I have not been managing the energy efficiently, wasting fuel and brake pads. I maximise use of the expressway and do not usually travel during peak hour, so that helps too.

I do not use the Eco Drive. The pickup from stop is too slow even for me. But I do like the feature whereby the flywheel disengages above 65Km/h to utilise momentum, just like how we used to drive manual gearbox cars. With a kerb weight of 1.6T, it does have a lot of momentum (free energy). For the stop/start, I disengage it on short tips. I do not know which is the lesser evil, fuel or killing the battery.

From a petrol head’s point of view, I would think the T5 would be the correct variant of the S60 to buy. Anything else would be a downgrade of what the car’s designer meant for it to be. The T4 does the job for me as a point A to B transport. The sales executive asked if I would like the T5. Took a look at the spec and price “nah’.  The T4 is already an overkill for SG’s road.

• Praise 2

2 hours ago, firefly20 said:

Regard FC, a lot depends on journey patterns and driving styles. I'm heavy footed and daily journey is 50% city and 50% highway (this is also jam packed along AYE). I'm doing 9.5 km/l on my 2013 S60 T4 (1.6 turbo). Before this car, I was only doing 8.8 km/l on my Japanese 2.0 NA MPV for the same journey. 

The only cars I could get around 12 km/l are Mazda 3 and Civic but those cars, no matter how hard I pressed the throttle, refused to accelerate. 

I have only revved up the turbo twice for the fun of the acceleration. First time was with my  wife. I told her, “watch this”, vroom… Turned to look at her with the “boy with his new toy look” and she was like “what?”. At that moment, my heart was crying inside lol. Second time was better appreciated. It was with a friend who test drove it. He used to drive a Evo and he liked the sound of the S60’s revving engines.

• Haha! 2

2 hours ago, firefly20 said:

I feel that it's foregone conclusion that COE will fall. I've never seen so many AD having fire sale at the same time, which suggests that car sales aren't happening at the moment. Imagine when perennial favs Merc and Toyota are so aggressive in their advertising, one can guess how bad things really are.

wow like that can go and lowball the dealers?  😃

still, these 2 months are some demand as people are still signing up deals but LTA have not said anything about the supply (2 months' no-bidding) so I still feel that there is uncertainty

↡ Advertisement