2018 Volvo S60 (3rd Gen) & V60 (2nd Gen)

Carbon82

1 hour ago, firefly20 said:

Btw what is this feature called Clean Zone Air Quality System with Pre-ventilation? Can it be activated remotely via phone? I supposed the range should be at least a few 10s of metres right? What's the pt of activating this right next to the car?

What I heard from the SE, is to purify the air in Car.

So the air we breathe in is clean. [Air Con feature in Car]

As for activate by phone, don't think have this feature

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hey guys, I too have placed a refundable deposit of $6k during the May promo for the S60 T4 r design but i was too slow and did not get my desired colour..

Hopefully a miracle happens this weekend when i go down for a test drive!

3 hours ago, Aerogen said:

Hey guys, I too have placed a refundable deposit of $6k during the May promo for the S60 T4 r design but i was too slow and did not get my desired colour..

Welcome to the S60 family. You looking at Bursting Blue colour? LOL

Test drive the Dynamic mode, if possible. Be careful as it's rainy days recently.

@firefly

Just checked, you can enable/disable the safety features at the last window of the touchscreen.

SE will walkthrough with you when you get your car. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
1 hour ago, douglassim said:

Welcome to the S60 family. You looking at Bursting Blue colour? LOL

Test drive the Dynamic mode, if possible. Be careful as it's rainy days recently.

Bursting blue was still in stock when i put the deposit but my wife detests the colour..so took onyx black. Was looking at the red though.

On 6/24/2020 at 8:31 AM, douglassim said:

What I heard from the SE, is to purify the air in Car.

So the air we breathe in is clean. [Air Con feature in Car]

As for activate by phone, don't think have this feature

Based on the Volvo website, this feature and air conditioning can be activated remotely via the Volvo On Call app in the smartphone. 

It'll be so cool if I can start the air con remotely 5 min before I finish lunch. Mabbe I'll ask the SE when I get my car.

On 6/24/2020 at 5:44 PM, Aerogen said:

Bursting blue was still in stock when i put the deposit but my wife detests the colour..so took onyx black. Was looking at the red though.

Black is nice but high maintenance since dust will be obvious. White is also nice but with the same disadvantage.

On 6/24/2020 at 5:44 PM, Aerogen said:

Red looks nice, but contrast to back rear light not so significant. As both are Red, lol.

Which is why i chose bursting blue. Due to R design special colour.

Anyway, so long your wife & you happy is most important. Cheers.

13 hours ago, firefly20 said:

Based on the Volvo website, this feature and air conditioning can be activated remotely via the Volvo On Call app in the smartphone. 

It'll be so cool if I can start the air con remotely 5 min before I finish lunch. Mabbe I'll ask the SE when I get my car.

Yo buddy, kindly update me if it can be done. [For Singapore] 

Especially, Singapore weather and no shelter parking. Thanks..!!

Neutral Newbie
14 hours ago, firefly20 said:

Black is nice but high maintenance since dust will be obvious. White is also nice but with the same disadvantage.

Agree with you on that!

1 hour ago, douglassim said:

Red looks nice, but contrast to back rear light not so significant. As both are Red, lol.

Which is why i chose bursting blue. Due to R design special colour.

Anyway, so long your wife & you happy is most important. Cheers.

Yes bursting blue was my initial choice, then red. Oh well shall see how it goes!

My car is white. I can usually tahan 2 weeks max before washing. Been raining recently and those dried water spot marks from splashes were getting on my nerves and I just washed it yesterday after just one week.

The flip side is the car isn’t as hot when parked in the open (not that I do so often). I think for remote activation of the aircon, probably need internet for the car itself too. 

On 6/26/2020 at 9:06 AM, douglassim said:

Yo buddy, kindly update me if it can be done. [For Singapore] 

Especially, Singapore weather and no shelter parking. Thanks..!!

Sure, will do. All eyes will be on the 8 Jul bidding. Will COE go up or down, frankly I think nobody really knows.

On 6/27/2020 at 1:52 AM, jammer_sg said:

My car is white. I can usually tahan 2 weeks max before washing. Been raining recently and those dried water spot marks from splashes were getting on my nerves and I just washed it yesterday after just one week.

The flip side is the car isn’t as hot when parked in the open (not that I do so often). I think for remote activation of the aircon, probably need internet for the car itself too. 

White is such a brave colour. But car washing can be also a good form of exercise. I used to get my son to wash car with me when he was younger. He was really just interested to play with water but it was good fun.

3 hours ago, firefly20 said:

Sure, will do. All eyes will be on the 8 Jul bidding. Will COE go up or down, frankly I think nobody really knows.

After the COE bidding results out, we will prepare for polling day. Lol

Hi there, so I’ve shortlisted the S60 as one of my options but the biggest thing that’s bugging me is the 3 year warranty as compared to my other choices. As I have heard reliability and high upkeep costs for Volvo’s, wanted to understand from you guys if this was considered into your thoughts before making a decision?

I’m on to my 2nd S60 hopefully come Jul 20. From personal experience, my existing ride of 7+ years had 1 downtime due to a faulty power cable whereby the car couldn’t start. Other than that, there was no major issue (earlier 1 door sensor didn’t work but replaced FOC and now rubber at the driver side starts peeling but these are minor issues to me).

I follow the servicing intervals closely and will send my car for servicing promptly (there’ll be a reminder on the dashboard when servicing is due). I only send to AD for servicing (due to bad experience to 3rd party workshops when younger) and I agree that it’s not cheap once my car hits 4th year (I think roughly 2.5x more than a Japanese car per year). 

I’m okay to pay for all these bcoz I feel that it’s a very safe car. It has saved me twice from sure accidents in the few years. The braking power is amazing even on wet surfaces and this gives me a lot of confidence on the road. 

I guess the more electronics and safety features a car has, the more ex will be the maintenance cost. The same goes for other conti brands. 

Neutral Newbie
7 hours ago, Pooty said:

Hi there, so I’ve shortlisted the S60 as one of my options but the biggest thing that’s bugging me is the 3 year warranty as compared to my other choices. As I have heard reliability and high upkeep costs for Volvo’s, wanted to understand from you guys if this was considered into your thoughts before making a decision?

My main reason for confirming my S60 purchase is safety and rear legroom for this class (compared to the A4 i was looking at). Especially with a kid now, i want to ferry him in a safer environment. I can control how safe i drive but i cannot control the other vehicles beside me. Better to be in a proven sturdy shell.

And besides, the pricing for May promo was too good to pass up. End of the day, i feel that there will always be pros and cons so do consider what you are looking for in a car.

On 6/24/2020 at 12:53 PM, Aerogen said:

So did you get your COE yesterday?

For me, was surprised that AD didn’t even make a bid for me. This suggested that they expected COE to drop subsequently. 

Oh well, 5 more bids to go. 

↡ Advertisement