2018 Volvo S60 (3rd Gen) & V60 (2nd Gen)

Carbon82

Neutral Newbie
1 hour ago, firefly20 said:

So did you get your COE yesterday?

For me, was surprised that AD didn’t even make a bid for me. This suggested that they expected COE to drop subsequently. 

Oh well, 5 more bids to go. 

Same, they did not place a bid for me. Most probably we got it on the promo price so they don't prioritize our lower margin sale?

well they got up to 3 months to deliver the car to us so..

↡ Advertisement

9 hours ago, Aerogen said:

Same, they did not place a bid for me. Most probably we got it on the promo price so they don't prioritize our lower margin sale?

well they got up to 3 months to deliver the car to us so..

I think we need another round of bidding to clear the remaining backlog. So not likely to get our COE next round either. 

Mabbe COE will start to drop by Aug but not hopeful it’ll drop below $20K which is our rebate level. 

8 hours ago, theory_87 said:

well, if not in a rush, i'm happy to wait and hopefully the COE creep up since ours are  6* guaranteed bid.

Agreed. Just need to be patient. 

(edited)

Under the 6 bids guarantee/non-guarantee,  if Dealer did not place a Coe bid, does it count as 1 bid?

Edited by Htancl

2 hours ago, Htancl said:

Under the 6 bids guarantee/non-guarantee,  if Dealer did not place a Coe bid, does it count as 1 bid?

I've asked before, not counted.

so one way is ask the AD to write down 6bid/3 months.

31 minutes ago, Dannnn said:

It’s not that I doubt you, but this sounds so incorrect. Let’s say I paid the deposit for a car from PI with single bid guaranteed COE, you mean as long as that PI doesn’t bid for me, he can forever legally hold on to my deposit? It doesn’t sound right. 

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
16 hours ago, firefly20 said:

I think we need another round of bidding to clear the remaining backlog. So not likely to get our COE next round either. 

Mabbe COE will start to drop by Aug but not hopeful it’ll drop below $20K which is our rebate level. 

Yes i share the same thoughts with you as well

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
14 hours ago, Htancl said:

12 hours ago, Dannnn said:

I had check with my SC and it is counted as 1 bid, under the 6 bid guarantee. Unless i am missing something

On 7/9/2020 at 11:57 PM, firefly20 said:

It’s not that I doubt you, but this sounds so incorrect. Let’s say I paid the deposit for a car from PI with single bid guaranteed COE, you mean as long as that PI doesn’t bid for me, he can forever legally hold on to my deposit? It doesn’t sound right. 

Yeah, ask around more and u will hear of this

13 hours ago, Aerogen said:

I had check with my SC and it is counted as 1 bid, under the 6 bid guarantee. Unless i am missing something

Wearnes usually dont stoop so low. i like wearnes too.

Twincharged

from latest listed prices of s60 t4, looks like price has gone back to norm now

listed 170k and management car going for 142k

congrats to those who had the courage to buy at 129k or thereabouts during CB

• Praise 5

18 hours ago, car50 said:

This seems to be a very smart strategy from Wearnes.. get a bulk of buyers locked in for the 15-20k Coe bucket.. then continue to sell the car at the whatever prevailing Coe level after CB.. if the Coe really dropped to 15-20k level, u have a group of committed buyers. Hopefully u guys signed for the guaranteed package and put in a delivery date on ur contract. 

1 hour ago, Soundphile said:

This seems to be a very smart strategy from Wearnes.. get a bulk of buyers locked in for the 15-20k Coe bucket.. then continue to sell the car at the whatever prevailing Coe level after CB.. if the Coe really dropped to 15-20k level, u have a group of committed buyers. Hopefully u guys signed for the guaranteed package and put in a delivery date on ur contract. 

Whats not to like for interest free deposit. But most likely the deposit is via credit card and the buyer can use the points to convert for rewards.

Win win situation even when no transaction tskes place

On 7/11/2020 at 9:45 PM, car50 said:

Apparently there's a new discount happening for Volvo - the S60 going for $115K and XC40 at $109K (both w/o COE).

When I paid my deposit in May, the XC40 was $10K more than the S60. Now it's the other way round. 

On 7/16/2020 at 11:02 PM, firefly20 said:

Apparently there's a new discount happening for Volvo - the S60 going for $115K and XC40 at $109K (both w/o COE).

When I paid my deposit in May, the XC40 was $10K more than the S60. Now it's the other way round. 

Without Coe, nothing fanciful about it. 

• Praise 2

Agree that COE trending is the big unknown in the medium term with the economy in shambles. But every piece of news on the positive development of the Covid-19 vaccines seems to incite cautious optimism in the stock market. 

So guaranteed COE Package is still the best way to go. If it gets secured later, we just take it that we drive our existing cars for ‘free’ since trade-in value was already fixed.  

Neutral Newbie
1 hour ago, Calvin8808 said:

Hi,

Anyone got their COE?

I purchased a Volvo S60 during CB but yet to secure the COE. 

A few of us bought during the CB period and I believe that none of us has gotten the COE yet. Well definitely not me, but I maybe wrong for others.

↡ Advertisement