2018 Volvo S60 (3rd Gen) & V60 (2nd Gen)

Carbon82

The V60 looks fantastic. Only the speedo cluster looks dated and Wearnes will likely chut the same low OMV high selling price stunt again.. which makes it rather not value for money (OMV/selling price wise)

Agreed on the value proposition. Swedish meatballs can buy first hand but not Swedish cars that seem to come with laxative...laosai resale price...
↡ Advertisement

Agreed on the value proposition. Swedish meatballs can buy first hand but not Swedish cars that seem to come with laxative...laosai resale price...

Are Swedish meatballs almost same prices as German sausage spare parts?

The current event car prices for the outgoing S60 models T5 seems rather attractive under 150K.

Are Swedish meatballs almost same prices as German sausage spare parts?

The current event car prices for the outgoing S60 models T5 seems rather attractive under 150K.

Definitely cheaper to get from overseas. S60 is popular in China. Parts and accessories also cheaper than local.

Are Swedish meatballs almost same prices as German sausage spare parts?

240hp at less than $150k, ya i agree......

If you can get pass the dated interior, good buy to be honest

how is the V60 powershift gear , understand its a dual clutch gb ..any comments

Powershift is for the older models.

the current ones with the Drive-E engines use 8-speed autobox.

my ex S60 was a powershift. there were vibrations moving off at 1st gear when the ambient temp is high (more than 37 degrees) or when stuck in traffic jams. other than that, it's ok. shifts well, no fuss.

Powershift is for the older models.

the current ones with the Drive-E engines use 8-speed autobox.

my ex S60 was a powershift. there were vibrations moving off at 1st gear when the ambient temp is high (more than 37 degrees) or when stuck in traffic jams. other than that, it's ok. shifts well, no fuss.

May I know the vibration was felt from the gear lever or steering wheel?

Supersonic

Wah sei....reminds me of the rattling sound from the teksi unker’s loose metal watch strap everytime he leave his left hand on the gearstick at idling in the old Toyota Crown or Nissan Cedric diesel teksi

May I know the vibration was felt from the gear lever or steering wheel?

How to say ah... It's like in a manual car, u do half clutch when moving off... That kind of vibration.

How to say ah... It's like in a manual car, u do half clutch when moving off... That kind of vibration.

I see. So it’s due to the clutch plates not engage properly?
  • Praise 1

I see. So itâs due to the clutch plates not engage properly?

I'm not too sure also. It only happens when certain conditions are met.

Unlike the 7 speed dry DSG whicj exhibit similar behavior at any temp

Neutral Newbie

Fortunately, the fears that the PRCs will cheapen or destroy the brand didn’t materialised.

Unfortunately, wowo is more ex under the PRCs rather than the meatballs.....

Hi Soya,

Long time no see :)

Being more ex under the PRCs is relative, but like one of the posters said in this thread, it is still the best bang for your buck, i.e. 240hp under $150k which was why I came back to Volvo after the Audi.

This is especially so with the Polestar tune thrown in.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Hi Soya,

Long time no see :)

Being more ex under the PRCs is relative, but like one of the posters said in this thread, it is still the best bang for your buck, i.e. 240hp under $150k which was why I came back to Volvo after the Audi.

This is especially so with the Polestar tune thrown in.

Hi bro...how’s things? Good to hear you’re keeping the wowo spirit alive again. You got yours w the Polestar pack?
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro...how’s things? Good to hear you’re keeping the wowo spirit alive again. You got yours w the Polestar pack?

Got the car with only the Polestar tune with a few Polestar bits thrown in with the price but subsequently installed the exhaust kit at Wearnes as well.

I also got the chasis kit from another source but have not installed them yet.

(edited)

You see it first, the new S60. I still prefer V60...

DXyb4AbUQAAfAVX.jpg

same here.. not enough lines and budges like the V40. Wonder if they have a Pole star edition model like the BMW M or the VW R line.

Lets hope the handling improves by leaps and bound. The last S60 I test drove was a little vague on the steering wheel. It still is very comfortable and plush. Design while not really class leading for the pre new model , you be hard press to find a better build quality car vs a Lexus or a Merc.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Supersonic

You see it first, the new S60. I still prefer V60...

DXyb4AbUQAAfAVX.jpg

Well at least we see some differences here from the S90.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1