2018 Volvo S60 (3rd Gen) & V60 (2nd Gen)

Carbon82

Well S60 @ 129k during CB is definitely a very strong value proposition.  A must buy for those who are interested.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

10 hours ago, Melody288 said:

Does the new Volvo S60/90 equip with App services (like Audi Connect)? 

1601388401567.thumb.jpg.66af812026162db29afb0d0bf29f272d.jpg 

But one thing for sure is Volvos come with very generous safety features. 

Unfortunately no. They have the Volvo-On-Call which is similar to Audi and can start the car remotely as well. Unfortunately they are not available in Singapore. It's a shame as I really like those features. 

9 hours ago, Lalaisgongon said:

Actually i think BMWs are more well spec in that regard in the SG local context.

1 Series already have blindspot monitoring, Lane departure warning, road sign assist, Pedestrian detection, auto braking, rear cross traffic alert, rear auto braking, as standard.

Oh, and BMW has the BMW connected drive for a couple of years already.

The specs are quite similar as standard in Volvo for example:

- Oncoming Collision Mitigation by Braking, run-off road protection system, City safety with full auto brake and Pedestrian, Cyclist and large animal detection, lane departure warning with lane keeping aid (the car actually steer back on its own to keep your car in lane), road sign information system, adaptive cruise control with pilot assist.

My favorite is the adaptive cruise control with pilot assist. It's the closest you can get to self driving, basically is just like normal adaptive cruise control where your car can cruise based on set speed and apply brake and accelerate based on the traffic condition, i.e. the speed of the car in front, but with pilot assist the car can also steer on its own based on lane markings. Your hand have to be on the steering every few seconds though.

And all this as standard at a pretty low price point.

Edited by Calvin8808
  • Praise 5

1 hour ago, Lotr said:

Well S60 @ 129k during CB is definitely a very strong value proposition.  A must buy for those who are interested.

Yes I agree. At that price point it's almost like a no brainer but of course you must like the car. I used to dislike Volvo for the design until the SPA platform. 

The new Volvos design on the SPA platform I would say really appeal to me. But of course this will be subjective for everyone. 

32 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

Yes I agree. At that price point it's almost like a no brainer but of course you must like the car. I used to dislike Volvo for the design until the SPA platform. 

The new Volvos design on the SPA platform I would say really appeal to me. But of course this will be subjective for everyone. 

Agree and the new S60 design looks really good to me as well😀

• Praise 1

8 hours ago, Lotr said:

Agree and the new S60 design looks really good to me as well😀

Hope the COE drops soon and then you can join us ... or join the Skoda team. 😁

Mistaken that all 7-DSG are dry clutch until someone told me it's not. Otherwise I would have taken a closer look at Superb during CB.

2L turbo conti sedan, what's not to like? 

2 hours ago, firefly20 said:

Mistaken that all 7-DSG are dry clutch until someone told me it's not. Otherwise I would have taken a closer look at Superb during CB.

I actually bought Superb, just that I was also looking very closely at S60 so I also come to this thread.  Anyway both are the latest models (locally, at least) and very good cars so we won't go too wrong with our choices. 

• Praise 3

1 hour ago, Lotr said:

I actually bought Superb, just that I was also looking very closely at S60 so I also come to this thread.  Anyway both are the latest models (locally, at least) and very good cars so we won't go too wrong with our choices. 

Oh you did. There was someone I knew here who kept sitting on the fence. Was it you? Sorry memory is foggy and I can’t remember these things.  

How much did you pay for the Superb? Wait, there was someone who commented that he can’t share the sale price due to an agreement with the SE. Was it you again?

22 minutes ago, firefly20 said:

Oh you did. There was someone I knew here who kept sitting on the fence. Was it you? Sorry memory is foggy and I can’t remember these things.  

How much did you pay for the Superb? Wait, there was someone who commented that he can’t share the sale price due to an agreement with the SE. Was it you again?

I may or may not be the one you are talking about but I did take my own sweet time before buying.  Same here, I also can't remember what i say to who, haha.  On the sale price, I am quite sure it's not me you are talking about but coincidentally I am also in the same situation with the person you are talking about.  

• Haha! 1

10 hours ago, Lotr said:

Congrats.... I test drove the Superb non- L&KK version like 2 months back.  It is a good car, with good NVH and spacious backseat..  The SE was brought us on the route from Margaret Drive to south Bouna Vista, Science Park area.  We did not commit as my wife like something else.  I am seeing a lot more Superb on the road recently.

• Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, Fat_slayer said:

Congrats.... I test drove the Superb non- L&KK version like 2 months back.  It is a good car, with good NVH and spacious backseat..  The SE was brought us on the route from Margaret Drive to south Bouna Vista, Science Park area.  We did not commit as my wife like something else.  I am seeing a lot more Superb on the road recently.

Thanks. I also took the same test route. 😂

13 hours ago, Lotr said:

I looked at that too. Did consider that too. 

• Haha! 1

17 hours ago, firefly20 said:

Superb was on my list but I drop it. I like it for the space and LWB. But the Volvo brand name compare to Skoda and DSG be it dry or wet means S60 for me. Even wet DSG got mechatronic issues over time. Aisin is just a more realiable gearbox. The 6 speed Aisin gearbox on my dad car lasted over 210k km before some slight issues popping up. 

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, theory_87 said:

Superb was on my list but I drop it. I like it for the space and LWB. But the Volvo brand name compare to Skoda and DSG be it dry or wet means S60 for me. Even wet DSG got mechatronic issues over time. Aisin is just a more realiable gearbox. The 6 speed Aisin gearbox on my dad car lasted over 210k km before some slight issues popping up. 

Same here bro. The brand sway me as well. But also because of all the wonderful features and design of the car. 

And I think the S60 is really VFM at that price during CB. It's like really cannot miss the deal.

Edited by Calvin8808

I realised that when I pressed the auto-hold button, the auto engine start/stop will also be activated even though I’ve disabled it under my profile. 

I wanted the auto-hold but w/o the engine start/stop. Can this be done? Thanks 

Neutral Newbie
56 minutes ago, firefly20 said:

I realised that when I pressed the auto-hold button, the auto engine start/stop will also be activated even though I’ve disabled it under my profile. 

I wanted the auto-hold but w/o the engine start/stop. Can this be done? Thanks 

I think if you turn down the air con temp to 18 or something, the start/stop should not kick in? 

For me, I turn off the auto-hold as I find it kicking in a little too frequently when I am parking. Either that or I step on the brakes too hard..

2 hours ago, Aerogen said:

I think if you turn down the air con temp to 18 or something, the start/stop should not kick in? 

For me, I turn off the auto-hold as I find it kicking in a little too frequently when I am parking. Either that or I step on the brakes too hard..

18 deg is too low for me. Mine is normally set at 23 deg. The auto brake is very useful at traffic junctions. When parking, I just tap that button to switch it off. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1