2018 Volvo S60 (3rd Gen) & V60 (2nd Gen)

Carbon82

Came from the showroom and was trying to check if the agent can throw in a 2-channel in-car camera. What surprised me was what the agent said - that the in-car front-facing camera in the S60 is produced by Volvo, and that they only made this type of in-car camera; no 2-channel cameras!

I googled and cannot find Volvo producing in-car cameras.

Does anyone have any similar experience to share?

Thank you.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
2019 Volvo V60's Interior In Geneva Has A Super Groovy Name

https://carbuzz.com/news/2019-volvo-v60-s-interior-in-geneva-has-a-super-groovy-name

414289.jpg

You've gotta give Volvo props for having the Swedish meatballs to build not one, not two, but three different wagons. (Okay, okay, one is a hatchback, but let's suspend disbelief for the sake of argument for a moment.) Europe's purveyor of long-roofdom has for years built its reputation on safety instead of style. But if this 2019 Volvo V60 the automaker brought to Geneva has anything to do with that corduroy stigma, the wagon will be made cool again. Don't believe me? Check out the interior and its funk-a-rific name.

On display in the Volvo booth in Geneva, the V60 graced its stand in an incredibly understated shade of grey. But after peeking inside, it was plain to see the Swedish automaker had its interior game on point yet again. These seats were upholstered in what Volvo calls "Vinyl City Weave" , which is the grooviest interior name we've heard in a while. It's a tighter pattern than plain-old plaid and also lacks the depth of color you'd find on a typical tartan, but its simultaneous simplicity and complexity has me smitten. These rad seats make me want to plug in the record player and listen to some Marvin Gaye—or at least load him up on Spotify and play his soulful sounds over the V60's speakers.

The Volvo V60 will make its way across the Atlantic powered by two available engine and driveline combinations: a front-wheel-drive T5 with 250 horsepower and a more potent all-wheel-drive T6 with 316 hp. Sitting within its dash will be Volvo's Sensus infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. And just because Volvo is getting more chic doesn't mean it has made safety a secondary priority. The new V60 will come with a laundry list of safety features, including Pilot Assist and City Safety with Autobrake. Expect first U.S. V60 deliveries toward the end of this year.

414297.jpg

Never been a fan of the S90 rear which IMO is ruined by the rear lights. Seems like the rear of the new S60 will be similar to the S90 :wacko:

From the rear and amongst the SPA platform, I would rank them as follow: XC60; V90XC; XC90, XC40 with S90 being the last of them all. Looks like the asses of the XCs are more attractive to me [laugh]

• Praise 10

Neutral Newbie

Got the car with only the Polestar tune with a few Polestar bits thrown in with the price but subsequently installed the exhaust kit at Wearnes as well.

I also got the chasis kit from another source but have not installed them yet.

Hi bro,

Have you managed to install the Polestar Performance suspension?

Am looking into this also and would like to find out more about the handling improvement, etc?

Thanks.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro,

Have you managed to install the Polestar Performance suspension?

Am looking into this also and would like to find out more about the handling improvement, etc?

Thanks.

Have not installed the chassis kit yet but will likely to do so soon.

Will report back when done

Neutral Newbie

Have not installed the chassis kit yet but will likely to do so soon.

Will report back when done

Thanks, Bro.

Camping here [:p]

Nice car! Too bad Wearnes will over-price it as per their usual SOP (low OMV high selling price)

Probably won't bring in the T8 polestar version. Hahaha
  • Praise 1

Volvo falling in line with the SMLXL strategy of the other conti.....

Yeah agree.... The AD will make sure they perpetuate the vicious cycle of low paper value, high buying price, depressed resale value and eventually niche market for volvos.

• Praise 1

With their pricing strategy, S60 T8 polestar will be in the realm of ///amg which incidentally have better sports dna, performance and paper value. 

I think so too. Maybe when SP completes the building of the 500 EV charging points, then the market will be more receptive.

Supersonic

I think so too. Maybe when SP completes the building of the 500 EV charging points, then the market will be more receptive.

If SP builds more of these charging points, probably can really consider it.

Even the C class C350e sounds attractive if I can afford it for the next purchase.

If SP builds more of these charging points, probably can really consider it.

Even the C class C350e sounds attractive if I can afford it for the next purchase.

The BMW 330e is listed at 227k now. Maybe the C350e will be priced similarly.

Electric cars for the masses? Sounds promising.

You should remember the LNG initiative...

[:p]

• Praise 3

Supersonic

The BMW 330e is listed at 227k now. Maybe the C350e will be priced similarly.

Electric cars for the masses? Sounds promising.

Hope so too and not another half hearted effort from the authorities.
↡ Advertisement