2018 Volvo S60 (3rd Gen) & V60 (2nd Gen)

Carbon82

10 hours ago, firefly20 said:

No diff between VPower and RON 95 on fuel consumption for me.

I guess proven ok to use RON 95 to get the job done without paying and arm or a leg for it now lol. This fuel topic (in the Volvo Facebook group as well) has been brought up time and again despite being beaten to death over and over again ha ha. In a couple more decades, we will be talking about battery millage instead of RON. Enjoy probably our last ICE car in the mean time.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

10 hours ago, firefly20 said:

Thanks for the update, no notable difference for me too between 95 and Caltex premium 98 fuel. 

• Praise 1

11 hours ago, firefly20 said:

For me, I notice VPower give me a more smoother drive and slightly quieter engine sound.

Not too sure if I am paranoid, as it's VPower so I feel more sensitive to the drive quality and engine sound. LOL

Does any Buddy know, if the promo is available for the next 2 weekends?

1 hour ago, douglassim said:

For me, I notice VPower give me a more smoother drive and slightly quieter engine sound.

Not too sure if I am paranoid, as it's VPower so I feel more sensitive to the drive quality and engine sound. LOL

No offence here bro, just thinking out loud.

Could it be because it's more expensive then subconsciously think it's better? Many years ago I used to think V-Power is better too. Until one day my wife topped it up with 95 and I can't really tell the difference. Just like my MIL she always think expensive things are better. She's the type that doesn't drink. Then my wife bought a bottle of wine that cost about $200 she say very nice very nice. My SIL bought a $20 one she say not nice. Not saying she's wrong on the taste but we know what she's like. So the next time round we bought something similar, one bottle $200 and one bottle $20. But we told her the $200 was $20 and vice versa. True enough she say the $20 was better as she thought that was $200.

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
32 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

Could it be because it's more expensive then subconsciously think it's better? Many years ago I used to think V-Power is better too. Until one day my wife topped it up with 95 and I can't really tell the difference. Just like my MIL she always think expensive things are better. She's the type that doesn't drink. Then my wife bought a bottle of wine that cost about $200 she say very nice very nice. My SIL bought a $20 one she say not nice. Not saying she's wrong on the taste but we know what she's like. So the next time round we bought something similar, one bottle $200 and one bottle $20. But we told her the $200 was $20 and vice versa. True enough she say the $20 was better as she thought that was $200.

so are you a $200 or $20 son in law? 😁

31 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

so are you a $200 or $20 son in law? 😁

29 minutes ago, Calvin8808 said:

$2 🤣

Most SIL and MIL have a love-hate relationship.

But not us! 

Ours is a hate-hate relationship.

😖

• Haha! 2

On 3/30/2021 at 7:12 PM, firefly20 said:

No issue for me so far although I still don’t get my kick 100% effective when trying to open the boot hands-free. Sometimes must kick the air a few times while trying my best not to look like a clown. Lol. 

You can swipe your leg under the bumper instead of kick

Twincharged
3 hours ago, Jtsjv said:

Try to kick forward (not too quickly) under the second-from-the-left reverse sensor piece. it will increase your success rate 😃

img5f5ac31a5a5f3acfc0a8015271354759_2_--

The sensor is located to the left of center under the rear bumper.

One of the vehicle's remote keys must be within range behind the vehicle, approx. 1 meter (3 feet), for opening and closing to be possible. This applies even if the vehicle is unlocked in order to prevent the trunk lid from inadvertently opening e.g. at a car wash.

(copied from volvo website)

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, Calvin8808 said:

No Worries, buddy.

I am also having the same thoughts. 🙂

I am wondering, will you guys get an EV or Hybrid for next Car?

Just now, douglassim said:

No Worries, buddy.

I am also having the same thoughts. 🙂

I am wondering, will you guys get an EV or Hybrid for next Car?

I'm actually quite keen on Tesla. But think where I stay the infrastructure not so ready. 

I also quite like the S60 T8.

14 hours ago, Jtsjv said:

Try to kick forward (not too quickly) under the second-from-the-left reverse sensor piece. it will increase your success rate 😃

That's what I do. Success rate > 50% at first try.

13 hours ago, jammer_sg said:

I guess proven ok to use RON 95 to get the job done without paying and arm or a leg for it now lol. This fuel topic (in the Volvo Facebook group as well) has been brought up time and again despite being beaten to death over and over again ha ha. In a couple more decades, we will be talking about battery millage instead of RON. Enjoy probably our last ICE car in the mean time.

But Lexus is continuing to manufacture ICE cars. Our next car could be that brand!

I've 1 or 2 more cars in me yet (I'm old but refused to admit old). Lol

13 hours ago, douglassim said:

I noticed that too when I was drivng my ex 2013 S60 T4. Using VPower, engine was smoother and quieter.

For the current car, did not really pay attention to this.

12 hours ago, Calvin8808 said:

Time to wear designer clothes and branded watch when you visit her next time. Be that $200 SIL to her. 😁

• Haha! 1

11 hours ago, Calvin8808 said:

Most SIL and MIL have a love-hate relationship.

But not us! 

Ours is a hate-hate relationship.

😖

So bad hur? Mabbe personality clash.

Personally I can't stand people who are overbearing ... luckily my late MIL was not like that.

11 hours ago, theory_87 said:

You can swipe your leg under the bumper instead of kick

I usually pretend I'm Ronaldihno and do a forward kick.

Will also try this swiping action too. Thx

9 hours ago, Calvin8808 said:

I'm actually quite keen on Tesla. But think where I stay the infrastructure not so ready. 

I also quite like the S60 T8.

To afford the T8, you need to be your MIL's $2000 SIL. Haha

↡ Advertisement