Inflated insurance claim; What to do?

wlalala

Kissed someone behind, one small dent.

At first received letter from insurance say kena claim estimated a few k

Now received letter from insurance say kena claimed 5 digits.

The videos/photos were submitted to the insurance. If the see the video, will know obviously cannot be claim so high.

What's going to happen now? Insurance say they will be handling the claim. Will they fight it if they think is too high? Since they say they will be handling, any inputs needed from my side?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Not sure do insurance breakdown the costs of repair?

Anyway be prepare to pay the excess and higher premium upon next renewal.

• Dislike 1

For this, you need to have a very diligent and hardworking insurance claims agent to help you look into the matter.

The lazy ones would usually accept the claim and close the case. Next renewal load your premium.

So I would advise to keep close contact with the claims agent or the representative and make sure they are following up closely on your case.

Also try to find out why the 5 digit claim. Did you kiss a Ferrari or Porsche butt?

The videos/photos were submitted to the insurance. If the see the video, will know obviously cannot be claim so high.

What's going to happen now? Insurance say they will be handling the claim. Will they fight it if they think is too high? Since they say they will be handling, any inputs needed from my side?

• Praise 2

many years ago i kissed someone backside, my insurance sent me the breakdown quotation of the claim and i spoke with the surveyor and he say he will question the amount with the other party, i think we eventually agree to the final figure before he proceed.

It was around $10K (for both vehicle) and i was actually concern about the passenger who may suffer a whiplash cos i dun see any medical claim   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

I have just been discussing about this issue in another thread on insurance claims as I was helping a friend to find out some information relating to it.

It is true that there's nothing you can do about it, after you have lodged an insurance report and handed over whatever material you have of the RTA (road traffic accident) to your insurance company. It would be up to your insurance company to deal with the claim, whether to make full compensation or negotiate for a partial one.

From the insurance company's perspective, they would respond to the claim based on what you report of how the RTA happened. Thereafter, they would get a surveyor (be it in-house or independent) to assess the damage and subsequently recommend compensation. So, if they told you they would be handling the case, they would handle it at their end. Whether they would 'fight' or negotiate on the claim amount would be up to them.

Anyway, you missed out the important information on the type/brand/model of vehicle you hit, to explain why the high repair costs. It would not seem alarming if the vehicle is a luxury branded one.

• Praise 2

Your insurance company will settle everything for you [nod]

Do take note that if you have got no NCD protector then your 50% NCD will straight away be reduce to 20% for your next coming renewal.

This claim will stay in your record for 3 years ... inregardless of which insurance company you go.

Be prepared to pay a higher premium for your next insurance renewal whether you got NCD Protector or not [nod]

• Praise 1

Did you submit the video / photos when you report the accident? Also depends on what car you hit. Some agents will not do repair for the bumper no matter how minor the damage is, they'll replace the whole bumper and the bumper is above 10K as the bumper is indent from the manufacturer with the color code matching the car.

If buy INCOME, they will fight and fight with you.  The rest, I am not sure. 

I also don't work in and/or a supplier of INCOME. I don't sell insurance.

Lancar got FREE Taxi Ride home.  Anywhere in Mainland SG.

If you insured with INCOME more than 2 year, the 3rd year FREE NCD Protector.

INCOME is very aggressive when it come to claim anomaly.  I like.  

Anyway, if the claim cross 3K, your NCD is affected.

If buy INCOME, they will fight and fight with you.  The rest, I am not sure. 

I also don't work in and/or a supplier of INCOME. I don't sell insurance.

Lancar got FREE Taxi Ride home.  Anywhere in Mainland SG.

If you insured with INCOME more than 2 year, the 3rd year FREE NCD Protector.

INCOME is very aggressive when it come to claim anomaly.  I like.  

Anyway, if the claim cross 3K, your NCD is affected.

My wife had a side swipe accident in car park.  My own repair cost is 300 only(scratch respray) but Income allows the other party to claim 8k+ in repairs.  I called them to understand why so expensive cos its only scratches and the make is Mazda.  After chasing for more than a week, they sent me a list of items the other party changed.  I was amazed but nothing I can do.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

My wife had a side swipe accident in car park.  My own repair cost is 300 only(scratch respray) but Income allows the other party to claim 8k+ in repairs.  I called them to understand why so expensive cos its only scratches and the make is Mazda.  After chasing for more than a week, they sent me a list of items the other party changed.  I was amazed but nothing I can do.

This is something the authority must act. all these costs go back to consumers because insurance companies will need to crawl back from others. 

If 2 cars are involved in an accident, how could 1 cost $300 whilst the other so much. unless the other car is made of paper. or glass. 

My wife had a side swipe accident in car park. My own repair cost is 300 only(scratch respray) but Income allows the other party to claim 8k+ in repairs. I called them to understand why so expensive cos its only scratches and the make is Mazda. After chasing for more than a week, they sent me a list of items the other party changed. I was amazed but nothing I can do.

Mazda parts seem to be to expensive. My friend’s Mazda 3 sideswiped by another car and kena the headlight and bumper. Just the replacement of the 1 pc headlight cost 3k already.
  • Praise 2

Personally, I feel the insurance companies are in the position to be like the petrol companies, in controlling prices.

With NCD loss for non-reporting and warranty threats, many car owners would prefer not to take chances with mutual settlements, especially with newer cars. And the other is the risk of backstabbing lowlifes.

I've been quoted $3k repairs by AD and authorised workshops, that my mechanic can settle under $500, still using original parts.

It's possible that the insurance companies agree on most repairs, as long as they work with one another to justify the costs. After all, they can recover it from increased premiums thereafter.

• Praise 1

Personally, I feel the insurance companies are in the position to be like the petrol companies, in controlling prices.

With NCD loss for non-reporting and warranty threats, many car owners would prefer not to take chances with mutual settlements, especially with newer cars. And the other is the risk of backstabbing lowlifes.

I've been quoted $3k repairs by AD and authorised workshops, that my mechanic can settle under $500, still using original parts.

It's possible that the insurance companies agree on most repairs, as long as they work with one another to justify the costs. After all, they can recover it from increased premiums thereafter.

"And the other is the risk of backstabbing lowlifes"..hahahaha, I like that..

There was one I encountered years ago. The lorry driver rear-ended me along the expressway and insisted immediately he was not at fault! It was slow traffic and he was switching lane to go behind me. He then failed to brake in time and hit me right in the middle of my rear bumper. When I asked for his NRIC, he refused to give and instead, threw his driver's license on my rear wind screen.

I could still remember his words, "you can go claim me but I will not admit fault".

End result, I claimed his insurance (NTUC) full at about 2K plus for change of new bumper and other related repairs. NTUC actually called my workshop to negotiate 50-50 but my workshop refused to accept. All in all, 5 working days from handed over car to collection.

He was just following insurer instructions to never admit fault on the spot :D

Isn't that what all insurers print on their documents when we renew our policies? :D

"And the other is the risk of backstabbing lowlifes"..hahahaha, I like that..

There was one I encountered years ago. The lorry driver rear-ended me along the expressway and insisted immediately he was not at fault! It was slow traffic and he was switching lane to go behind me. He then failed to brake in time and hit me right in the middle of my rear bumper. When I asked for his NRIC, he refused to give and instead, threw his driver's license on my rear wind screen.

I could still remember his words, "you can go claim me but I will not admit fault".

End result, I claimed his insurance (NTUC) full at about 2K plus for change of new bumper and other related repairs. NTUC actually called my workshop to negotiate 50-50 but my workshop refused to accept. All in all, 5 working days from handed over car to collection.

He was just following insurer instructions to never admit fault on the spot :D

Isn't that what all insurers print on their documents when we renew our policies? :D

Then I suppose he must have reported this to his insurer:

"I was driving my lorry and the car in front of my braked, so I banged the car accidentally. I did not know the car would stop and it is not my fault for banging the car. It is not my fault and I am stating that I did not admit I was wrong."

:XD:

Must have changed a lot of things - head light, side mirror, door, or a long long scratch ah ??  Not sure.  Lawyer correspondence already 2~3K ba.

Anyway, car park look static but a very ex place for accident. If you move out of car park slot and an accident happened, you confirmed 100% one.

Case 1:

My case, I driving into a car park slot and a car move out of slot bang me.  Then hor, want to sue me some more.  I said hor, whatever, as this is a temple and I just finished talking to my god, I offer you private settlement until sunset. You call hor, as I don't want to talk to you liao, since you want to sue me wor.

Case 2:

My friend, a car ram into his car when his car still in slot.  OK.  He is found to be 100% liable lor.  As the other car cam show his tyres already started to move -- A few inches ??  Not sure, never see video.  Total cost 24K in repair and 15K of medical claim lor. He said the other car airbag also triggered, so more than 40km/h.

So, be careful lor. 

↡ Advertisement