Inflated insurance claim; What to do?

wlalala

mazda 3 headlamp $3k ???? gold plated ?  :D 

Now headlamp with DRL and LED headlight will cost 1k plus per side, maybe 3k for a pair (both side)?

Supersonic

Now headlamp with DRL and LED headlight will cost 1k plus per side, maybe 3k for a pair (both side)?

I think is a pair, not a lamp.

Yup, assessor and WS very calm one, at least infront of me. No argument, No quarrel, No talk loud. 

Case closed.   

Btw, the insurance company for my quoted damage was claimed against was NTUC. When the assessor was at the AD with me, I didn't see any of that fight. Maybe it was done behind doors with the AD.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

i bought my car from authorised dealer but got bang by another party damaging the 2 doors at the side (under warranty), i am claiming insurance for this damage. During this period i submited my accident report and my dealer and insurance personnel has done the inspection and told me i can start sending in my car to them for repair. this is the background. 

LAST NIGHT i just sent in my car back to the original authorised dealer to start repair,

but till now still Could Not obtain the list of items (1)they plan to repair, (2)the list of items they are changing brand new (3)the amount that we are claiming from the insurance (4)the date we can collect back the car

There is no answer and status for the above 4 questions, is it normal? what is happening?

• Praise 1

i bought my car from authorised dealer but got bang by another party damaging the 2 doors at the side (under warranty), i am claiming insurance for this damage. During this period i submited my accident report and my dealer and insurance personnel has done the inspection and told me i can start sending in my car to them for repair. this is the background. 

LAST NIGHT i just sent in my car back to the original authorised dealer to start repair,

but till now still Could Not obtain the list of items (1)they plan to repair, (2)the list of items they are changing brand new (3)the amount that we are claiming from the insurance (4)the date we can collect back the car

There is no answer and status for the above 4 questions, is it normal? what is happening?

If the dealer and your insurance personnel had told you to send in the car for repairs, it means the other party was taking full liability. You mentioned "last night". You should give the dealer some time to resolve your queries because it would take time to do all of those chores you mentioned. 

Firstly, the dealer has to arrange with the other party's insurer to have a surveyor to inspect the external damages on your car. When a date is set, the surveyor would have to go to the dealer to do the inspection and take photos/videos of the damages. This also means you have to drive your car down to show the surveyor. During this time, the dealer would provide an estimated cost of repair to the surveyor. This is only an estimated quote because your dealer would need to check further if any else internally is damaged/affected by the collision.

Secondly, once the surveyor/other party's insurer agrees to the repair cost, the dealer would call you to hand over your car for repair, at the same time, place order for those parts necessary for your repair/replacement. At this point, the dealer may furnish you with an estimate sum of repair, including the list of items they are changing new, etc, pending further examination of your car (if there are further damages due to the accident, more parts may need replacement).

As for the date of completion of repair and collection, it would depend very much on the availability of the car parts. So how is the dealer going to give you anything concrete from last night?!

question

my inurance is AIG, come with courtesy car.

just got rear ended, clear cut case, not my fault.

went tan cheong.

other party insurance assessor came to see my car.

TC told me send in next week to repair.

but... ask me to go look for rental car myself and claim 3rd party.

to me. this means end up how am i going to claim?

so i told them get me the rental car and get my insurance to pay and claim from the other party instead.

correct right??

why should i pay if its clear cut, and my insurance should be to settle these things.

This is the one thing i never understood...

The OMV for mazda 3, various models, range from $14k to $18k. So if the whole car's value is $18k, how come one headlight is already $3k?

I keep asking myself this question whenever i need to replace any spare parts in the various cars i owned - could never rationalise/reconcile leh...

I don't know the computation of omv.

the cost of "one" headlight current model coming to around 2k. Depend on model. exclude labour and other assy.

I have seem bills from workshops repairing my company pte car.

I don't know the computation of omv.

the cost of "one" headlight current model coming to around 2k. Depend on model. exclude labour and other assy.

I have seem bills from workshops repairing my company pte car.

i also dunno... but omv is supposedly the price the importer in SG pays the exporter in the car's country of origin (often is the manufacturer itself, if the SG importer is the AD), for the car.

So if the AD paid $18k for the whole car, how come one headlight already $2k? Then 2 headlights will be $4k liao. I suspect tailight will be at least $1k a pair, then the rest of the car (incl engine, aircon, body, etc.) will be only $13k??

My maths no good [sweatdrop]

oh, yes, i agree that the headlights (or any other parts) can be in the thousands. I just dun understand the reason/rationale.

Twincharged

My wife had a side swipe accident in car park.  My own repair cost is 300 only(scratch respray) but Income allows the other party to claim 8k+ in repairs.  I called them to understand why so expensive cos its only scratches and the make is Mazda.  After chasing for more than a week, they sent me a list of items the other party changed.  I was amazed but nothing I can do.

last time my first accident ... my 2 year old car kenah whack by a civic left less than 6 months.

the claim amt by the civic insurance abt 12k !!

I think scrap the bloody civic also dun get 12k !!

question

went tan cheong.

so i told them get me the rental car and get my insurance to pay and claim from the other party instead.

correct right??

why should i pay if its clear cut, and my insurance should be to settle these things.

Ownself rent and submit the receipt to the insurance company with your claim. They will send you a cheque once claim is successful.

Ownself rent and submit the receipt to the insurance company with your claim. They will send you a cheque once claim is successful.

To me it's easier for TC to arrange and I don't go through hassle of paying and claiming. Let the insurance sort it out themselves.

Nothing wrong right?

(edited)

question

went tan cheong.

correct right??

For a straightforward case like yours, you have two choices:

Option 1 - Claim from your own insurer

In this option, you will get whatever you have been paying for in your insurance package, be it courtesy car/loss of use, NCD protection, etc. What will happen is; your insurer (AIG) will pay for all repairs related to the accident. And as this is a clear-cut case, AIG will in turn, claim the full amount against the other party's insurer. The assessor will come from AIG. The advantage here is, you get your repairs done faster. All paper works and back-end chores are done by AIG and your workshop/authorized dealer (AD). 

Option 2 - Claim from third party insurance

If you're claiming from the other party's insurer, you will not be able to enjoy what you may have from your own insurance package. The assessor will come from the third party and only after they have agreed to undertake full liability of the accident, that you will see your repairs commence by your workshop/AD. In this option, there will be a delay in repairs in terms of waiting for the third party to respond to the claims. Also hopefully, there's no conflicting versions of the accident.

For courtesy car/loss of use (claim for public transport expenses) in this case, mostly you will have to do it yourself and later, make a claim against the third party. And this is pegged to the duration of repair. This means, if the repair takes 3 days, the third party will only compute 3 days' expenses accordingly. For example, if you rent a car for 3 days, the third party will compensate $450 based on $150 rental fee/day. And if you take public transport, it will be $300 based on $100/day. I think it doesn't matter what car you rent or what type of public transport you take. The compensation should be quite standard.

Normally, your workshop/AD will recommend or assist you in the car rental but you will have to make the payment yourself. Thereafter, your workshop/AD will make the claim on your behalf. You will later receive the claim from your workshop/AD.

Edited by X5actor

For a straightforward case like yours, you have two choices:

Option 1 - Claim from your own insurer

In this option, you will get whatever you have been paying for in your insurance package, be it courtesy car/loss of use, NCD protection, etc. What will happen is; your insurer (AIG) will pay for all repairs related to the accident. And as this is a clear-cut case, AIG will in turn, claim the full amount against the other party's insurer. The assessor will come from AIG. The advantage here is, you get your repairs done faster. All paper works and back-end chores are done by AIG and your workshop/authorized dealer (AD).

Option 2 - Claim from third party insurance

If you're claiming from the other party's insurer, you will not be able to enjoy what you may have from your own insurance package. The assessor will come from the third party and only after they have agreed to undertake full liability of the accident, that you will see your repairs commence by your workshop/AD. In this option, there will be a delay in repairs in terms of waiting for the third party to respond to the claims. Also hopefully, there's no conflicting versions of the accident.

For courtesy car/loss of use (claim for public transport expenses) in this case, mostly you will have to do it yourself and later, make a claim against the third party. And this is pegged to the duration of repair. This means, if the repair takes 3 days, the third party will only compute 3 days' expenses accordingly. For example, if you rent a car for 3 days, the third party will compensate $450 based on $150 rental fee/day. And if you take public transport, it will be $300 based on $100/day.

I think it doesn't matter what car you rent or what type of public transport you take. The compensate should be quite standard.

Hmm.. seem like they are trying to pass the work to me instead by asking me go third party...

Hmm.. seem like they are trying to pass the work to me instead by asking me go third party...

Not really. This is quite standard practice in Singapore. It depends how much your workshop/AD wants to do for you. But as a rule of thumb, in a case like yours, you should just claim directly from the other party's insurer. There's no necessity to claim against your own.

i also dunno... but omv is supposedly the price the importer in SG pays the exporter in the car's country of origin (often is the manufacturer itself, if the SG importer is the AD), for the car.

So if the AD paid $18k for the whole car, how come one headlight already $2k? Then 2 headlights will be $4k liao. I suspect tailight will be at least $1k a pair, then the rest of the car (incl engine, aircon, body, etc.) will be only $13k??

My maths no good [sweatdrop]

oh, yes, i agree that the headlights (or any other parts) can be in the thousands. I just dun understand the reason/rationale.

OMV is not necessary the final price importer pays to exporter.

Exporter could have another side agreement with importer to pay marketing fee or whatever for the shortfall between OMV and actual price.

There is nothing illegal about it.

Neutral Newbie

If the dealer and your insurance personnel had told you to send in the car for repairs, it means the other party was taking full liability. You mentioned "last night". You should give the dealer some time to resolve your queries because it would take time to do all of those chores you mentioned. 

Firstly, the dealer has to arrange with the other party's insurer to have a surveyor to inspect the external damages on your car. When a date is set, the surveyor would have to go to the dealer to do the inspection and take photos/videos of the damages. This also means you have to drive your car down to show the surveyor. During this time, the dealer would provide an estimated cost of repair to the surveyor. This is only an estimated quote because your dealer would need to check further if any else internally is damaged/affected by the collision.

Secondly, once the surveyor/other party's insurer agrees to the repair cost, the dealer would call you to hand over your car for repair, at the same time, place order for those parts necessary for your repair/replacement. At this point, the dealer may furnish you with an estimate sum of repair, including the list of items they are changing new, etc, pending further examination of your car (if there are further damages due to the accident, more parts may need replacement).

As for the date of completion of repair and collection, it would depend very much on the availability of the car parts. So how is the dealer going to give you anything concrete from last night?!

no during this period/long ago i submited my accident report and my dealer and insurance personnel has done the inspection and survey already and told me i can start sending in my car to them for repair. this is the background. 

So LAST NIGHT i sent in my car back to the original authorised dealer to start/proceed with the approved repair,

but till now still Could Not obtain the list of items they are planning to repair. Is it possible that i request for what has to be compulsory brand new and what has to be repaired as long as the cost is within the lump sum budget insurance agency has approved during the survey last time ?

↡ Advertisement