"Vultures" At MRT Station

countach

Twincharged

Today I think my wife witness a new low for some insurance company where they use a bouncing castle near a mrt station to ambush parents.

My wife describe the move as shameless and despicable as they use your child's weakness for bouncing castle to trap the parents.

Same with those tuition schools.give out balloons and have a bouncing castle. Let yours kids play while they hound you to sign up!

I ignore as usual.

↡ Advertisement

Please be respectful. People also trying to make a living

“Vultures in train station”, shouldn’t someone call Animal Control before someone gets hurts by these scavengers
  • Dislike 1

Today I think my wife witness a new low for some insurance company where they use a bouncing castle near a mrt station to ambush parents.

My wife describe the move as shameless and despicable as they use your child's weakness for bouncing castle to trap the parents.

I wont use the word shameless and despicable, but i would say they think out of the box.

Take a second and think, if u r the owner of the business and your marketing team came out with this idea and you see conversion of sales numbers, that's what business is all about isn't it. Would you even think its shameless or despicable?

They have to think out of the box to get leads and convert to sales (if possible) they have to also come out with costs for the bouncing castle and all. End of day conversion numbers may not be enough to cover the costs for a small event like this.

Cut them some slacks, live and let live....

• Praise 4

Supersonic

Maybe true la, these sales people also never point their knife and force you to buy from them, ultimately decision still lies on you, no matter what tactics they used.

• Praise 3

Supercharged

Many times I see people rushing to catch the train(life can be hard), but there're also those hanging around near the train platform who basically seem not in a hurry to go anywhere. Because of this they collide into each other quite often. And our SMRT seems quite oblivious to this. For those who've experienced "MRT" stations in other countries, do you see any methods they use to better manage passenger traffic on the platforms? 

I wont use the word shameless and despicable, but i would say they think out of the box.

Take a second and think, if u r the owner of the business and your marketing team came out with this idea and you see conversion of sales numbers, that's what business is all about isn't it. Would you even think its shameless or despicable?

They have to think out of the box to get leads and convert to sales (if possible) they have to also come out with costs for the bouncing castle and all. End of day conversion numbers may not be enough to cover the costs for a small event like this.

Cut them some slacks, live and let live....

What a load of horse sh!t.

How come they are the only business to "think outta box" to use this tactic?

That's right. Because they are downright shameless and despicable.

Pui!

Why dont YOU yourself think for a second. Where are they and their disgusting bouncing castle 3 months on? Where are they now?

Edited by Watwheels

What a load of horse sh!t.

How come they are the only business to "think outta box" to use this tactic?

That's right. Because they are downright shameless and despicable.

Pui!

Why dont YOU yourself think for a second. Where are they and their disgusting bouncing castle 3 months on? Where are they now?

??? Take a chill pill man.

You been a victim? Your 3 mths later quote of my post seems so angry...

My point is merely live and let live

• Praise 1

Normally if i meet those sales trying to stop me, esp for financial products, i would say

"Sorry i jobless"

Last time, an insurance guy approach me on the street and asked “Are you worried about the rising cost of health care in Singapore?” Sensing that he was trying to sell me a policy, I answered “No” n he was taken aback n remarked, “first I heard of someone not worried about healthcare costs!”

• Praise 10

Exactly.

Sometime body language shown that we not keen yet they still walked fast towards us.

u give a straight forward signal then 90% of the time they will stop.

i alway put up my hand, like a stop sign . 

so far it work .

Normally if i meet those sales trying to stop me, esp for financial products, i would say

"Sorry i jobless"

I'm not against them, it's their job but sometimes......

Well, once i replied "I'm a bankrupt" to those credit card promoters at PC Shows, and e promoter ask me back "How come you bankrupt?"

post-172915-0-47398500-1565766650.gif

Edited by zipping
  • Praise 4

I'm not against them, it's their job but sometimes......

Well, once i replied "I'm a bankrupt" to those credit card promoters at PC Shows, and e promoter ask me back "How come you bankrupt?"

attachicon.giftenor.gif

That's my favourite line

Never had an issue with vultures or the likes of one, just nod, smile and say "thank you, not interested" and walk off. So far none sunk their vampire tooth into my ankle to slow my steps. Think they saw the "coldness" in my eyes behind the smile.

With kiddos, be firm and stern and say "nope. No playing" on sighting of whatever bouncing castle.

I am very happy to say "No thanks" and will not feel less human. I rather they dun miss sinking their jaws, i mean claws on real prospects than waste time on me.

I find road shows like these usually for rookies or those just joined the trade. To thicken their skin, brush up on knowledge and handle difficult ppl. Thankless training but somehow the ones who made it usually develop ultra patience and thicker skin.

Once in a howling month, i will stop to chit chat and ask stupid questions. Just to see how long it takes for one to start howling.

• Praise 2

Last time, an insurance guy approach me on the street and asked “Are you worried about the rising cost of health care in Singapore?” Sensing that he was trying to sell me a policy, I answered “No” n he was taken aback n remarked, “first I heard of someone not worried about healthcare costs!”

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5